"toxic killers"

Let me get it out of my system survivors, I'm a killer,my purpose is to kill you BY ANY MEANS. I can and will use noed and bloodwarden, I will insidious camp with bubba, I will tunnel I will slug I'll do everything that you say is "toxic". Why? Because I'm a killer, literally people that kill others don't have morals. So why should I give a damn about your "survivor rule book"?

What do you fellow players think? Let me know down below.

When you finish,go stab someone as legion 🔪 🔪 🔪 🔪

Comments

  • But your job is to please the entitus and do what it wants you to do, isn’t it (at least lore-wise)?

    Always wondered why anyone says the job of a killer is to kill. Only because of the name „killer“? If it was named „slasher“ instead (like in the filenames), would you literally not kill anymore and just slash and do everything to get more slashes?


    Seriously though: this is a game. You should play to have fun. And since it’s a multiplayer game ideally everyone participating should have fun in a match. This goes to both sides, anyone who plays just to make sure the other side does not have fun has some serious issues. (And having fun in a game is not equal to winning)

  • @Mooks said:

    But your job is to please the entitus and do what it wants you to do, isn’t it (at least lore-wise)?

    Always wondered why anyone says the job of a killer is to kill. Only because of the name „killer“? If it was named „slasher“ instead (like in the filenames), would you literally not kill anymore and just slash and do everything to get more slashes?

    Seriously though: this is a game. You should play to have fun. And since it’s a multiplayer game ideally everyone participating should have fun in a match. This goes to both sides, anyone who plays just to make sure the other side does not have fun has some serious issues. (And having fun in a game is not equal to winning)

    Maybe because the game tells you, in game, that: "the killers job is to kill the survivors."

  • Play how you want to play as long as it adheres to the allowed game mechanics and rules.

  • By that logic there also no toxic survivors. Their job is to escape using any means necessary within the rules. It’s also understandable that when having escaped from this maniac, they might want to celebrate and dance in the gate. However, the killers rulebook typically states these actions are “bullying the killer”. How can you bully a person trying to kill you, that makes no sense. So I guess there is no such thing as a toxic player on either side, other than something like postgame chat. We are on the same page, correct?

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100231#Comment_1100231

    Maybe because the game tells you, in game, that: "the killers job is to kill the survivors."

    Well, hopefully you don’t take it too seriously and do that in real life. I mean, is that specified in that text?

    or maybe, just maybe, it is still a game?

  • play however you want and use any perk you'd like. I will only say that there are certain play styles on both sides that are really unfun or very annoying to play against. examples on both sides would be

    for survivors:

    • Gen rushing since it deprives everyone of a fun game and bloodpoints.
    • meta using swf that literally uses every crutch to stay alive, including exploits that are currently available.
    • hook sabo squads, these survivors will just get downed in an area without hooks you can get to and is just unfun for both sides as it forces the killer to slug.
    • survivors who just troll the killer and t-bag once they realize that their group will easily win, I see this a lot not as a killer but as a solo and its very annoying.
    • flash light squads, no one likes getting constantly blinded and having to always pick up a survivor while facing a wall. this is more annoying than effective but still pretty toxic especially the people who do this.
    • The "New hook tactic" This is just DUMB, the people who do this are just dumb... it doesn't work and often screws over the person who was just hooked, the entire team, or often it gets both the one doing this and the hooked survivor camped.
    • using a key to escape in front of the killer with 2 or more survivors, first off this is the most BS thing in the game and there is nothing the killer can do against this unless he was already chasing the one with the key and even then it usually resulting in the survivor escaping.
    • unhooking a survivor in front of the killer as soon as their hooked, it does not matter if you have BT your still screwing over that survivor.

    for killers:

    • bubba insidious camping, yes its still toxic since if you down someone and get them in the basement you rob them of points and force a depip. These games are often pretty boring too.
    • camping as soon as you get someone especially if your playing a killer who can insta down, again same reasons as before but doing this not only shows that you are not competent as a killer but also someone who probably isn't very good at playing killer in the first place.
    • proxy camping (this is the last camping one but can you blame me?) yes it's still the same as camping when you can easily get to whoever was at the hook.
    • tunneling someone to death, depends on if that survivor pissed you off somehow or was being pretty toxic but other than that there's no need to tunnel unless your doing awful. I personally never tunnel and will instead go after the saviour, I will slug the unhooked if i come across them but i wont hook them.
    • using a toxic build on specific killers, things like mint rag hag with M&A with all the other insta down perks, the forever freddy build that was nerfed/removed, old 3 gen doc, ect.
    • using a mori on every survivor as soon as you can. if your using a mori than for the love of the entity use it when their on death hook or if it's late in the game (2 or less gens). The offering is a major clutch that if used as stated before will result in every survivor but 1 if he escapes, dying and depiping with few bp along with the killer.


  • DBD has more made up rules than Monopoly

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    By that logic there also no toxic survivors. Their job is to escape using any means necessary within the rules. It’s also understandable that when having escaped from this maniac, they might want to celebrate and dance in the gate. However, the killers rulebook typically states these actions are “bullying the killer”. How can you bully a person trying to kill you, that makes no sense. So I guess there is no such thing as a toxic player on either side, other than something like postgame chat. We are on the same page, correct?

    Frankly correct! The only way those things that we both mentioned are toxic is when players use it specifically to annoy the other players :3

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    DBD has more made up rules than Monopoly

    Lmao

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100236#Comment_1100236

    Well, hopefully you don’t take it too seriously and do that in real life. I mean, is that specified in that text?

    or maybe, just maybe, it is still a game?

    Seriously hon? You're taking how I pointed out it literally tells you it's your job, and try to link that I may kill someone irl?

    You should probably step away from the internet as a whole if that's how your train of thought works.

    It's a game. And in the game it tells you to do just that. Get off your high horse.

    I'm done here.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100274#Comment_1100274

    Seriously hon? You're taking how I pointed out it literally tells you it's your job, and try to link that I may kill someone irl?

    You should probably step away from the internet as a whole if that's how your train of thought works.

    It's a game. And in the game it tells you to do just that. Get off your high horse.

    I'm done here.

    Don't leave senpai ;-;

  • Lol I cant tell if you're joking with me or at me, but that gave me a good chuckle.

    <3

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    +1 but the same could be said for the killers that say stuff like looping is toxic gen rush is toxic and stuff like that , like why would I follow the rule book of other players

    Looping isn't toxic, gen rushing isn't either. Looping is a bit overpowered on some maps, but that isn't the fault of the Survivor. Gen rushing isn't toxic either, it's one of their main objectives, but Survivors who choose to only do generators are at fault when they get hit by NoEd.

    The only things I consider toxic that Survivors do it t-bag, flashlight click and repeatedly vault something, use the stupid "hook tech", intentionally sandbag their teammate, farm a teammate, or betray their teammate by trying to out their hiding location.

  • Nobody should be expected to do anything except play the game within the bounds of game. Can you slot NOED? Then slot if it you wish. Can you slot DS or a purple flashlight? Then slot it.

    Whining and complaining that people don't play by your unwritten rules of honor is what scrubs do. Never expect your opponent to pull punches, so neither should you.

  • Gotta agree, by that logic there are not toxic survivors. Even tbagging and clicking lights may work to give them an advantage if it tilts you.

    I try to play fair to both sides. I don't bring in toolboxes as a survivor and I don't camp nor tunnel as a killer.

    In reality I am a game player, not a killer or survivor, as such I attempt to have good sportsmanship.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100274#Comment_1100274

    Seriously hon? You're taking how I pointed out it literally tells you it's your job, and try to link that I may kill someone irl?

    You should probably step away from the internet as a whole if that's how your train of thought works.

    It's a game. And in the game it tells you to do just that. Get off your high horse.

    I'm done here.

    Well „hon“ (talking about the high horse)

    you literally took my statement before the „seriously“ note, wasn’t it obvious that the statement before was, well, not as serious.

    and only because it is stated that you have to kill survivors doesn’t mean you are supposed to ignore every other aspect of the game.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1100315#Comment_1100315

    Lol I cant tell if you're joking with me or at me, but that gave me a good chuckle.

    <3

    I don't senpai :3

  • Survivors use DS, BT, DH, Adrenaline. They use SWF and comms. They have looping, pallets, god windows. I say do whatever you want as killer, they certainly will abuse everything they can as survivors in the power role.

  • Gonna start "toxic looping" and gen rushing cause that's my point as a survivor. Thanks for clarifying all of this <3