New Hatch mechanic-do not like

I beat a hag to the hatch stood on it and got no prompt to exit. Seconds later she ran up with me standing on the open hole and shut the hatch and killed me. She said this new feature, you can't leave if the killer is close is part of the update. I think this kind of stinks. It is hard enough to find the hatch, but not to be able to use it if the killer is close is junk. It should be if you beat the killer to the hatch you've earned the escape. Just my opinion.

Comments

  • Its just how it is now...yet some people still insist the devs only care about survivors fun. ๐Ÿ™„

  • @stvnhthr said:

    I beat a hag to the hatch stood on it and got no prompt to exit. Seconds later she ran up with me standing on the open hole and shut the hatch and killed me. She said this new feature, you can't leave if the killer is close is part of the update. I think this kind of stinks. It is hard enough to find the hatch, but not to be able to use it if the killer is close is junk. It should be if you beat the killer to the hatch you've earned the escape. Just my opinion.

    Bruh you better be joking nobody is that much of a baby to believe that

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Its just how it is now...yet some people still insist the devs only care about survivors fun. ๐Ÿ™„

    This happens both sides

  • If its like that then its a bug. I haven't noticed. Maybe @peanits can clarify if its a thing?

  • Man they really ratcheted up the difficulty. I was opening the exit gate and a ######### cruise missile blows me up. Instantly moried.

    They need to cut killer budget for these kinds of things. Why not funding for Badham so they can afford teachers?

  • Is it a bug or is it legit?

  • @stvnhthr said:

    Is it a bug or is it legit?

    She said this new feature, you can't leave if the killer is close is part of the update.

    This? This is not a thing. If what you are saying did happen as you describe it, it was almost definitely a bug.

    @ClickyClicky said:

    Its just how it is now...yet some people still insist the devs only care about survivors fun. ๐Ÿ™„

    Being unable to use the hatch if the Killer is close is not "just how it is now."

  • To be fair, I am going to assume this is a bug. I do remember playing with a wraith a few nights back and was standing on open hatch and he walked up seconds later and closed it, I never got a prompt.

    I just threw it up to latency or a Bug and moved on. I wonder if I can hope in KYF and do some testing.

  • This is not an actual mechanic. She lied to you.

  • @Peanits said:

    This is not an actual mechanic. She lied to you.

    I can't believe a killer would do that to a survivor.

    Just going around and telling lies to newbies :'(

  • @Heartbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122939#Comment_1122939

    I can't believe a killer would do that to a survivor.

    Just going around and telling lies to newbies :'(

    Killers are so heartless. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

  • I miss the old hatch, but can agree stand-offs were too long. 45 minutes was interesting. But the one that made it on youtube where it went several HOURS, was really .. um.. yeah...

    Something has to be done though with this new system.