Since the Rank reset I see how the games look like in low ranks and it's...

horrible to see how insane the most Killers tunnel with noed. I am a Killer main who agrees that sometimes you need to tunnel to generate some pressure or it is the best choice in some situations. But hell.. I was playing the past few days with a friend who is new to the game, obviously he doesnt has DS yet. And he died most of the games as the only 1 because the Killer straight up tunnels him to death and then tries to slugg us with noed.

Its sad to see that most of the low rank Killers put all their hope into noed and just dont care at all about gens. I guess these are the ppl that complain about the gen speed? Idk what is so hard about that, just protect your objective as Killer?? Anyway, I played the past 2 days always with low rank Killers that weren't the best honestly... most of them just put all the faith into noed and were tunneling straight up without any reasons.

I guess ppl should really learn how to play Killer properly and I personally think new survivors need something against Tunneling. Ds was a great idea but it is a perk for a licenced character, new players need something that they have easy access to from the beginning.

Edit: My friend has 100hours atm, he knows the basics but needs more practice, but its not possible if he dies in the first 3min because of tunnel xD. We tried our best with bodyblocking, borrow etc too save him somehow.

Comments

  • @BenZ0 said:

    horrible to see how insane the most Killers tunnel with noed. I am a Killer main who agrees that sometimes you need to tunnel to generate some pressure or it is the best choice in some situations. But hell.. I was playing the past few days with a friend who is new to the game, obviously he doesnt has DS yet. And he died most of the games as the only 1 because the Killer straight up tunnels him to death and then tries to slugg us with noed.

    Its sad to see that most of the low rank Killers put all their hope into noed and just dont care at all about gens. I guess these are the ppl that complain about the gen speed? Idk what is so hard about that, just protect your objective as Killer?? Anyway, I played the past 2 days always with low rank Killers that weren't the best honestly... most of them just put all the faith into noed and were tunneling straight up without any reasons.

    I guess ppl should really learn how to play Killer properly and I personally think new survivors need something against Tunneling. Ds was a great idea but it is a perk for a licenced character, new players need something that they have easy access to from the beginning.

    Get better at looping and hope your team does gens, i was put in rank 10, 2pips and reached rank 3 in 2 nights, most killers were yellow, brown, green and couldn't even hit me :/

  • @geishroy

    What do you mean with that? How should my new friend get better if he gets straight up killed agian after unhook? We even bodyblocked but the Killer just ignored us most of the time because he knew he would never catch the others.

    Think that of a new player who has no skills and wants to learn, he cant learn if he dies in the first 3min.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @geishroy

    What do you mean with that? How should my new friend get better if he gets straight up killed agian after unhook? We even bodyblocked but the Killer just ignored us most of the time because he knew he would never catch the others.

    Think that of a new player who has no skills and wants to learn, he cant learn if he dies in the first 3min.

    Teach your friend tiles and how to loop, and if you're worried about noed, cleanse totems. If your friend is that ######### and you're so good, keep the killers attention all game.

    If your friend is new, realistically he shouldn't expect to survive, and if you aren't skilled enough to carry him then he should just accept that and try his best. I play with many friends at different ranks and playtime and we can all escape probably 75% of the time.

    Also you can try to use perk like BT or something if he's getting tunneled off hook, or not unhook when the killer is close if you don't have it.

  • Kay so..

    1) That's not the majority of killers.

    2) Decisive Strike is great, it's on basically everyone. Yes it's a licensed character and it should be that way imo even if they do nerf it (please god, when everyone has DS you can't do ######### because "somehow you're tunneling the whole team") Right now it's a free pass to do whatever you want for a whole minute which is insane.

    3) The gens definitely are a problem but so are these killers. It leads to these discussions with an "us vs them" mentality that probably isn't healthy. I'm not sure tunneling/Camping is reportable (holding the game hostage if you're the last guy maybe..) but there are so many situations in this game like you said where it's sometimes mandatory to slug or tunnel and so on so I don't think there's an easy answer for this.

    Playing killer is extremely difficult right now, an organized team (or people who know how to loop really well) effectively shut the game down for everyone and with matchmaking the way it is I'm sure getting matched with these groups constantly is discouraging so they latch onto whatever they think might save them (or their enjoyment of the game, or their bloodpoints, or whatever)

  • My experience have been the exact opposite, all the survivors I am matched with are utter potatoes who go down almost instantly or suicide on first hook.

    And as for killer, its basically the same, which is not good because I get "brutal killer" for killing everyone too fast.

    Cant wait to reach red ranks again, I just dont feel matched against players of my own skill.

  • @geishroy

    I am spamming lockers, flashlight clicking and even bodyblocking the break animation of the Killers, they dont care 😂. I teached him already the most and he knows how to abuse infinits, he has problem to fast vault or mindgame and these are thinks are stuff you learn by just playing.

    I wrote in my post there that we did everything with borrow, you might read my post fully before you may write^^

  • @CrassardStreams

    Agree, Ds can be very easy abused and you cant do much against a full swf that is organenized. The problem is, my friend has no fun at all playing alone. He loves to play with friends, he had even more fun before the reset to play against red rank killers because they were playing fair and werent that toxic compared to low rank Killers.

  • @Spannungsstoß

    yes I get alot of potatos too as Killer^^. I mean our Killers when we play survivor are really bad too, they just tunnel thats it, we switched even too 3 head ons because we were bored xD

  • @Sairek

    Ye we all escape too, except our poor new bill :C

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @geishroy

    I am spamming lockers, flashlight clicking and even bodyblocking the break animation of the Killers, they dont care 😂. I teached him already the most and he knows how to abuse infinits, he has problem to fast vault or mindgame and these are thinks are stuff you learn by just playing.

    I wrote in my post there that we did everything with borrow, you might read my post fully before you may write^^

    I tried to reread everything you wrote, and you only mention body blocking. Again, I feel like you guys are just unhooking in the killers face or before he's had a chance to do anything. In the future, maybe get in an active chase with the killer and see how he reacts, if he just goes back to your friend and slays him, that's a strategy he probably should use, 1 less person = one less person working on gens. And if your friend is just mindlessly killing pallets, the killer will probably see that he is weak and will want to get rid of him faster.

    Your friend should realize that some games you will lose. I wouldn't recommend this, but if you have a huge rank disparity with your friend and think that the killers you go against are too high skill for him, and again you cannot carry him through the game, then just depip yourself back to a more appropriate rank, hook suicide or w/e. It's a bit extreme, but potato people sometimes do better against potato killers.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @CrassardStreams

    Agree, Ds can be very easy abused and you cant do much against a full swf that is organenized. The problem is, my friend has no fun at all playing alone. He loves to play with friends, he had even more fun before the reset to play against red rank killers because they were playing fair and werent that toxic compared to low rank Killers.

    He should try killer if he play alone tbh and if he dont have fun alone maybe this game is not a game for him

  • @geishroy

    Agree that it is smart to get rid of the weak survivors, thats what I do aswell, and probebly everyone as Killer. But that doesnt mearn to chainsaw straight to the hook back even if you chased someone recently. As I said, we tried everything to get the attention, the Killers were most of the time really far away because we baited him away from the hook.

    We even sacrificed ourselves too but they just slugged us and kept going to him. Obviously you are not supposed to escape every game, but he should escape atleast more than twice a day xD.

    His gameplay has flaws too, he forgets that he is very loud if he is injured etc. Even though, if we usually carry someone on red ranks the Killers tempt to be more nice to bad survivors and even gave him the hatch sometimes. Since the rank resets he is just getting killed and that is kinda sad.

    So depipping would be even worse, red rank Killers arent that desperate to get kills compared to low rank Killers and thats what I and he appreciate alot more.

  • @Sairek

    Ye we get alot of boosted Killers, most of them doesnt even know their power properly. Had a demogorgon who broke pallets with space bar every time. It is kinda funny to loop those Killers but I bet they didnt had any fun.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @geishroy

    Agree that it is smart to get rid of the weak survivors, thats what I do aswell, and probebly everyone as Killer. But that doesnt mearn to chainsaw straight to the hook back even if you chased someone recently. As I said, we tried everything to get the attention, the Killers were most of the time really far away because we baited him away from the hook.

    We even sacrificed ourselves too but they just slugged us and kept going to him. Obviously you are not supposed to escape every game, but he should escape atleast more than twice a day xD.

    His gameplay has flaws too, he forgets that he is very loud if he is injured etc. Even though, if we usually carry someone on red ranks the Killers tempt to be more nice to bad survivors and even gave him the hatch sometimes. Since the rank resets he is just getting killed and that is kinda sad.

    So depipping would be even worse, red rank Killers arent that desperate to get kills compared to low rank Killers and thats what I and he appreciate alot more.

    I'd just have him weather the storm and play more. But I feel 100 hours he should be getting the game a bit better. He should toon into some streams or vods if he has time/interest. I'm not trying to dog you guys or anything, some games just go ######### tho.

  • @geishroy

    Dont worry, I got your point and I appreciate that! Thanks for trying to help and share your view^^

    I guess you are right, showing him videos of good players where he can see how some ppl handle some chases would help. I personally as Killer main was really trash as survivor, I learned alot by watching noob3 when I was new.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @geishroy

    Dont worry, I got your point and I appreciate that! Thanks for trying to help and share your view^^

    I guess you are right, showing him videos of good players where he can see how some ppl handle some chases would help. I personally as Killer main was really trash as survivor, I learned alot by watching noob3 when I was new.

    It does help if they have interest, the one thing I really don't like about this game is that it's so hard to play with friends that aren't as skilled or are just new. To ask them to rank up multiple people, buy a base game and dlc, and then have to rank those people up is pretty rough to many. The progression system for new players need some work for sure. But yeah just give him words of encouragement lol. I've had some friends get really good, and some friends stop playing after a few sessions.

  • @geishroy

    Agree, I know some nice ppl in my FL but its not really fun playing with them if they are not that skilled^^. I am someone who likes to "win", that is my personal view of fun.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @geishroy

    What do you mean with that? How should my new friend get better if he gets straight up killed agian after unhook? We even bodyblocked but the Killer just ignored us most of the time because he knew he would never catch the others.

    Think that of a new player who has no skills and wants to learn, he cant learn if he dies in the first 3min.

    Honestly, go into KYF and practice chases with your friend. It's much faster than learning in pvp and way less frustrating in the long run. Best time investment your friend can make if they want to enjoy this game. Even just 1 hour like that is probably equivalent to 10-ish hours in a public matches, even a lot more when accounting for queues and the fact that you're focusing solely on looping and not gens, altruism, etc.

    New survivors have a steep learning curve exactly because, as you put it, they get into a match and they either hold m1, or get absolutely stomped having no idea how to loop. It's very hard to accumulate quality chase practice as a beginner survivor, unless you log into a custom game.

    For killers, that wall is hit more towards the intermediate stage when they start facing more competent survivors. Just a quick note in case you want to teach killer to your friend.

  • @PrettyFaceKate

    Yeah agree. I already practiced with him multiple times in KYF, we were playing even 5 man and switched Killers. I guess he has enough "practice" and just need to learn to apply it now. But I got what you mean.

    Honestly dbd is a really hard game for new players, except for old veterans, I wonder how new players manage to stick with this game xD

  • @BenZ0

    Thank you. I’m glad someone can put theirselves in other peoples shoes and sympathise.

    Green ranks are notorious for this. As you say killers go immediately for the tunnel without any reason. When it happens game after game after game after game after game it’s where survivors are conditioned to become so sensitive about tunneling.

    Seeing someone on death hook vs someone who hasn’t been hooked and you go for the person on death hook? Yeah a lot of survivors don’t care about that. It sucks but people understand it.

    However proxy camping hooks and going for the tunnel immediately after unhook and ignoring every other survivor in your way until you’ve eliminated one out of the game? It’s this tunneling that people hate. Once the first chase starts that’s it. Your entire game now is going to be spent running from the killer. You’ll never be allowed to do anything else or earn any other points all because you had the misfortune of being found first. It’s not even a good strategy against good survivors that’s the worst part. These killers just tunnel and NOED though and when they get up the ranks and it stops working because survivors aren’t as easy to catch and others do gens in the meantime these killers blame it on the game, not their own playstyle.

    When so many games are like this it’s easy to see why DS exists. I’m not saying DS is perfect, I’m not saying anyone had to like it but you can see why it was made the way it was and why it was made so strong. Bad killers are to blame for DS.

  • @ClickyClicky

    Agree that is a huge problem that many ppl ignore in some extend, and that is not okey.