Buff the Demogorgon

it's not fun, a breeze for most survivors and everything it does is slow as hell with unforgiving results


EDIT: Overall from this discussion, I still think it could use some additional features to compliment stranger things a little more. There's a variety of different additions i think :D

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Rework add-on

    Reduce footstep noise

    Enough for me

  • @Shi said:

    Rework add-on

    Reduce footstep noise

    Enough for me

    you wouldn't want something similar to freddy for the Demo to have? Upside down type powers? that was the whole point i thought

  • Just make him less loud, for the love of Jeff. That’s all I want.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    Just make him less loud, for the love of Jeff. That’s all I want.

    how would making him less loud solve the other issues doe

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164201#Comment_1164201

    how would making him less loud solve the other issues doe

    He has no other issues outside of his loudness.

  • I think he could use some tweaking, I've gotten him to p350 and been playing for a while. Tried most of his addons, from the post tho i did find out what perks work better than others on it.

    I also still vote for the crawling feature someone mentioned, that would be sick. In Stranger things it also goes on the walls and such and has telekinetic abilities

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164428#Comment_1164428

    I think he could use some tweaking, I've gotten him to p350 and been playing for a while. Tried most of his addons, from the post tho i did find out what perks work better than others on it.

    I also still vote for the crawling feature someone mentioned, that would be sick. In Stranger things it also goes on the walls and such and has telekinetic abilities

    Demo and Oni are by far my two most played Killers since their respective releases. I can say without a doubt that Demo is one of the most well-rounded Killers in the game and any glaring issues with his kit isn’t him being too weak, but Survivors being too strong. And that’s not a Demo problem at that point; that’s a DBD problem.

  • Weird... Anyone I see play as him does great!! Even playing him myself thought he was pretty fair.

  • Anyone wanna drop me some build idea's, and add ons to use? Or maps he is best at? I'm working on trying to make this Killer as viable as I can before I even mention an opinion.

    Right now i'm seeing him as the weakest Killer, but I want to see more feedback first.

  • @NullEXE said:

    Anyone wanna drop me some build idea's, and add ons to use? Or maps he is best at? I'm working on trying to make this Killer as viable as I can before I even mention an opinion.

    Right now i'm seeing him as the weakest Killer, but I want to see more feedback first.

    See finally I'm not the only one who think it's kinda weak

  • buff legion, clown, deathslinger, and leatherface than we will take about demogorgon.

  • Did anybody else think of Puff the Magic Dragon when reading the title of this post?

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1144991#Comment_1144991

    No i do not agree, he is not balanced for playing him that's for sure. How do you explain having to set everything up with your portals but now you have the gens+portals+ mayb hex's to protect against 4 people? They can undo the portals at super speed unless you have the slightly slowing addons, even then it's fast. Add-ons again are also a big factor because usually unless you wanna have even harder time you should bring the standard to keep pressure and have a somewhat easier time. Also where do you see anyone playing him? as for me i haven't

    dude you don't set up his portals first, you do it as you patrol gens or if you pass a spot you want one and it only takes and extra second or two to do so. He is not like hag or trapper where you have to set up before going after people you just do it as you do what you would normally do and if survivors cleanse them thats fine since it takes them 16 seconds when it only took you 1 second to set up and as they do that you can sneak up on them and get a hit. Lastly if you are good at his shred you can get a lot of cheeky hit's that other killers can't.

  • @Pulsar said:

    If he had one big portal that allowed him to always have the option to move across the map, I think he would be good.

    As of now, Shred is only really useful for baiting stuff and on console he really sucks because Shred makes the FPS go to 5.

    I believe Demo is decent, but has too many weaknesses survivors can abuse to good effect. The best thing I can think for a Demo are as follows:

    • [QoL] Demo can disable his own portals and use them somewhere else.
    • [Huge Buff] Survivors attempting to remove a portal will get pulled into the upside down by the Demogorgon if it travels to the portal they are removing. The survivors will come out the portal in the dying state in a cool animation.
    • [QoL] Shred doesn't lock the camera after a successful attack.
  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164808#Comment_1164808

    See finally I'm not the only one who think it's kinda weak

    Well it's obvious he's one of the weakest killers in the game. All of his abilities take a charge up time to perform, and at the same time he takes extremely well in advance planning to utilize his primary ability which is the "Of the Abysss". I would sooner suggest you ignore anyone who respondes with the idea that it's balanced, because it's not. He takes too much time in using his abilties alone to have enough pressure in any aspect of the game against good survivors.

    What I want to know is the builds people use to compensate that. Obviously he can't use a direct hook to hook build, he needs to use some kind of hook to slug build, or slugging build to be even remotely stable. I want to know what perks / add ons are run on it to balance that.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1099483#Comment_1099483

    I believe Demo is decent, but has too many weaknesses survivors can abuse to good effect. The best thing I can think for a Demo are as follows:

    • [QoL] Demo can disable his own portals and use them somewhere else.
    • [Huge Buff] Survivors attempting to remove a portal will get pulled into the upside down by the Demogorgon if it travels to the portal they are removing. The survivors will come out the portal in the dying state in a cool animation.
    • [QoL] Shred doesn't lock the camera after a successful attack.

    I like all of these. I was kinda upset Demo didn't have anything to pull Survivors into the Upside-Down. So, I like all of these.

    [QoL] Shred doesn't lower FPS to 5 on console.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164936#Comment_1164936

    I like all of these. I was kinda upset Demo didn't have anything to pull Survivors into the Upside-Down. So, I like all of these.

    [QoL] Shred doesn't lower FPS to 5 on console.

    that's what i meant about Freddy, it would be cool if they input more of the upside down, idk demo to me is a whacking mole that leaps

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167933#Comment_1167933

    that's what i meant about Freddy, it would be cool if they input more of the upside down, idk demo to me is a whacking mole that leaps

    I do understand why they couldn't though. Freddy was a joke for a looooong time, but idk.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1167934#Comment_1167934

    I do understand why they couldn't though. Freddy was a joke for a looooong time, but idk.

    i just wish they would add something else to Demo, It's really plain right now, it has it's leap and holes and thats it like anything else would give it more. the crawling feature mentioned etc.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1099483#Comment_1099483

    I believe Demo is decent, but has too many weaknesses survivors can abuse to good effect. The best thing I can think for a Demo are as follows:

    • [QoL] Demo can disable his own portals and use them somewhere else.
    • [Huge Buff] Survivors attempting to remove a portal will get pulled into the upside down by the Demogorgon if it travels to the portal they are removing. The survivors will come out the portal in the dying state in a cool animation.
    • [QoL] Shred doesn't lock the camera after a successful attack.

    @Peanits even a trusted thinks this killer is meh, is there any possible feedback about possible changes to make Demo more enjoyable???

  • Demo doesn't need a buff, he needs a rework entirely. He's in the same category as nurse where I get excited when I find out its Demo because its an easy game. Just don't give him the Freddy treatment.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1164936#Comment_1164936

    There we go SOMETHING that the demo can do to make the survivors interact with the upside down. Like anything would make it more fun i think! Even a trusted thinks so

    What makes me special? 😊

  • Dude that is actually a really good idea it would be cool if u get hit then go into the upside down kinda like freddy but no op like him lmao

  • You gave some great points! The more the better! Demo def needs something to make the gameplay more fun and to increase the amount of people who might be attracted to play it, Demo doesn't have a fancy or rather "fun" power like the other killers do. It has a very high skill gap and the handful who spammed until they found a few viable ways to play against lower ranks just isn't fun, newer players especially wouldn't have the greatest time. There needs to be a middle ground not just luck out or suffer when it comes to DEMO specifically

1 2 ›