Is uncapping FPS bannable
I'm asking because I'm not sure if automated banning things like easyanticheat will detect it as bannable. I just want to play the game over the hard capped 60 frames.
I'm asking because I'm not sure if automated banning things like easyanticheat will detect it as bannable. I just want to play the game over the hard capped 60 frames.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Nope, it's safe.
Okay, thank you. It looks and feels so much nicer at higher frames.
And here we console players are dealing with 25 fps :(
You get 25? Damn dude, I get like 10fps on a good day.
To clarify what others are saying, BHVR says they won't ban for it, but they said if EAC bans for it they won't help you. HOWEVER, just last week someone on here posted that they sent an email to EAC, with a screenshot of the email. They simply said "We're only interested in banning for known cheats."
Since uncapping your frame rate is not, nor will it ever be a cheat, you're safe.
I play console sometimes, and it felt like 10. They really need to optimize console.
Okay, thank you. I got really nervous there if I should uncap my fps or not.
How
If you uncap your FPS in the GameUserSettngs file, it will only uncap to a max of 120. To go above that, you need to uncap it in the engine.ini file. There's user guides on steam for how to do it. :) You have to add a few lines to the file.
Okay, I'll look for the video. Thanks a lot!
True. Back in 2019, before summer rhey actually announced something like "road to 60fps on consoles". It was on the "news" part in the menu. Months later not a word was heard about it anymore, and the framerate is still bad.