My way of countering survivors that give up as killer

When I play killer I aim to pip,so naturally, I don't like people to kill themselves on hook or make a lot of noise just for me to hook them.

So here is my master plan!

When I see a survivor pointing at a hook, asking to die, I just look at them and leave. Then I avoid them as much as possible. This way they have 3 options:

A. Play the game normally

B. Dc

C. Troll their teammates

That way if they play normally I will enjoy my game and maybe pip, without feeling I cheated. If they dc they will get a penalty. If they troll their teammates then I'll have the advantage in most chases,allowing me to patrol more easily. And they can be reported since this is griefing (correct me if I'm wrong please)

I know most of the killers like the idea of hook suicides and so on,but I don't. Hope my thoughts were useful for you!

See ya in the fog

Comments

  • Honestly if they're asking to die I just let them. Its clear they're not having fun, and fun is something I try my best to prioritise in any situation, survivor or killer. Why they're not having fun I don't know, could be the killer im playing, could be a perk they think I have, could be that their teammates were hot garbage.

    Plus I hate it when I pip because it means I face people who sweat out their assets. I'm just trying to have a relaxed game here, pip or no pip.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If a killer does that to me, I just do gens.

    And if they come back, I just keep doing the gen. I don't run.

    Then the killer has two choices:

    1. Hook me
    2. Let me bleed out.

    I want out of the match. Either kill me, or let me do the objective so I can get out. If you're going to keep me in a match against my own will, then that is holding someone hostage.

    I don't give up easily, especially as a survivor. I don't care if I survive or not. But there are some games, especially after rank reset, when there's no helping anybody, when you've done 3 generators all by yourself, and everyone else is too busy crawling around on the edges of the map, still not doing the objective.

    Playing the game is now called holding you hostage?

    Is that because the game is not played under your conditions then? You wil only play under your win conditions?

  • So its still you will only play if your conditions are met. Such as only certain killers with certain perks ect. Otherwise you consider it not fair?

    Furthermore, you pressed the play button. If you dont like it then leave and take the penalty.

  • "I want out of the match. Either kill me, or let me do the objective so I can get out. If you're going to keep me in a match against my own will, then that is holding someone hostage."

    You pressed the play button. Tough isnt it?

    Its the killers' job to prevent you from doing your objective. If he lets you bleed out so be it and feel lucky he did. If not then also tough. You entered the game. This is not holding you hostage for crying out loud. You can leave any time you want.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1094991#Comment_1094991

    Look, I already told you twice why I will suicide on hook. There is no "speculation" on what I will or will not do. So stop "speculating". I am not going to repeat myself for a third time. If you still need to speculate, you clearly aren't reading my posts clearly enough. So go back and read them both again.

    If you don't want to have a discussion. Fine. Don't have one. However, don't keep saying things I never said to suit your own narrative. It gives you a real bad look.

    Welcome to half my comments on the forums. Now, imagine a thread about 300 long, where about 150 of them are just "You're wrong" with maybe half of them trying to refute you with something not at all related to the topic at hand.


    There is just no helping some people. No matter how well thought out and detailed your explanations are.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095049#Comment_1095049

    It is very unfortunate indeed.

    I don't mind dialogue, discussions, or people disagreeing (or even agreeing) with me. Hell, I play Devil's Advocate sometimes, too, because I think looking at some topics from various angles was important. I even did that for the Rift -- which I despise a lot (and still do).

    But this isn't making me angry or annoyed. It's just making me sad at this point. Even sadder that he's getting upvotes, to be honest. People apparently actually think that holding people hostage like that is okay.

    I get leaving someone to bleed out, and being a little nasty like with Pig's RBTs. None of that is holding the game hostage. Annoying? Oh yes, definitely, but it's only a few minutes and not holding the game hostage. There's light at the end of the tunnel.

    But to say I can have someone intentionally keep me in a match indefinitely, where the only out is probably to DC, and that somehow makes me entitled? Big oof.

    Maybe if the phrases "git gud" and it's many variations, "entitled" and "just a survivor/killer main" were all bannable offences, or just eradicated, then civil discussion would raise supreme, and people who spam the same garbage, useless points would be silenced out of natural social exiling.

    Then again, I'm not a mod, and I've been put under restrictions because some people can't take it when you swing back at them.

  • Forum members “just get the killer to hook you”

    ClickyClicky “killers wont always hook”

    Forum members “I dont hook survivors anymore when they want out of the game”

    Oh look I was completely right yet again.

    For the record I’m referring to asking the killer to hook you when 1-2 survivors have quit within the first minute. It wasn’t uncommon for 2 to disconnect then the killer would slug the third and expect them to sit there for 4 minutes. Punished for other people disconnecting. The game is all about killer fun though since devs cave to all the demands on the forum.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095003#Comment_1095003

    I never said letting me bleed out is holding the game hostage. Seriously. READ. MY. POSTS.

    Stop making up stuff I never said.

    While at it, the game rules, read them too:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/586/NKAR8FMSEJK0.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/856/GF4UE2WCZR9C.png

    I don't care if I pressed the play button or not. Someone who absolutely refuses to kill me and let me do the objective and holding me in a match indefinitely -- which mean not letting me bleed out, not letting me leave the match in any way, keeping me there for the sake of keeping me there, is holding the game hostage and therefore against the rules.

    If you don't like it and condone the act of keeping people indefinitely locked into a game and forcing them to disconnect as the only viable means of escape, then I will be more than happy to record the game, send it to BHVR, and wait for the innevitable ban because that is against the rules and I don't care how much you want to complain that I'm somehow the one being entitled, when the killer is the one who is actively breaking the rules of the game in that situation.

    Honestly, I never said I'm keeping the game hostage. I either force them to do gens for the sake of their team or they will be banned because they either DC or they grief,which allows me to report em. Simple for me :3

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Forum members “just get the killer to hook you”

    ClickyClicky “killers wont always hook”

    Forum members “I dont hook survivors anymore when they want out of the game”

    Oh look I was completely right yet again.

    For the record I’m referring to asking the killer to hook you when 1-2 survivors have quit within the first minute. It wasn’t uncommon for 2 to disconnect then the killer would slug the third and expect them to sit there for 4 minutes. Punished for other people disconnecting. The game is all about killer fun though since devs cave to all the demands on the forum.

    If someone DC then I always farm don't worry :3

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Honestly if they're asking to die I just let them. Its clear they're not having fun, and fun is something I try my best to prioritise in any situation, survivor or killer. Why they're not having fun I don't know, could be the killer im playing, could be a perk they think I have, could be that their teammates were hot garbage.

    Plus I hate it when I pip because it means I face people who sweat out their assets. I'm just trying to have a relaxed game here, pip or no pip.

    This. Also there are the times that real life situations come up and you need to go.

  • There are some decent people in the game but sadly not everyone is.

    I’m on EU servers. The Russian players especially give absolutely no #########. 1 person disconnected? Its still camp and tunnel. 2 people disconnected? Its slug for the 4k and “EZ EZ EZ” post game. It gets a little tilting after a while.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095092#Comment_1095092

    There are some decent people in the game but sadly not everyone is.

    I’m on EU servers. The Russian players especially give absolutely no #########. 1 person disconnected? Its still camp and tunnel. 2 people disconnected? Its slug for the 4k and “EZ EZ EZ” post game. It gets a little tilting after a while.

    Also eu. I feel ur pain 😭

  • Reading comprehension is hard!

  • I like the way you think. Myself just kill them and then farm the rest of the survivors for the points I need, because it's 3v1 at that point - so the other survivors no longer have any chance of winning.