If believing that players don't have the right to selfishly do whatever they want when they want at others' expense like spoiled children just because they spent money on the game makes me an annoying no-life, then so be it.
The point is : sure, you bought the game and should have right to play it. But remember - others ALSO bought it. And also should have right to play it. And its hard when one their team just dc at start :P
If you do something ban-able then you get the ban punishment. End of story. Play by rules or don’t play at all, it’s really that simple. If DC is a ban-able offense the its against the rules. Another thing, if you only DC when you have a rare disconnection because of problems with your device then I can guarantee you will NEVER earn a ban of 20 minutes.
LMFAO I like how more than 70% (currently) of people who responded to the poll chose the option you clearly didn't want people selecting by using language like "I have no life so I need to annoy everyone else"
Get ######### on buddy. The more people introduce these biased polls the more I relish in disappointing them by selecting the answer that they don't want to hear but is still ######### right. If you DC too many times, serves you right for getting a penalty, if you get heated playing the game take a break and play Civ 6 or something lol
It is annoying that the game devs don't seem to know what they want or do what they want. If they want people not to tunnel or camp, which is something in the game, they should manually take it out. Make perks that deal with those things game mechanics. Same thing goes for DC in my opinion. Why is there even an option to disconnect if you get punished for doing it regardless of the circumstances. I could dc on death hook and get the same penalty as somebody who dcs at the start of a match. DC penalty itself is fine, but I feel it needs reworked and not just reinstated like they did.
I don't think there should be a DC penalty of any kind. The first comment "If believing that players don't have the right to selfishly do whatever they want when they want at others' expense like spoiled children" is asserting that this is people who DC. But in reality that is what we have now that the DC penalty is in place. Every game now is just camp, tunnel, slug...rinse and repeat because the killers are confident that you will not leave no matter how bad it is to avoid being penalized. It is worse and more toxic than it ever was before this ridiculous ban. I was as annoyed at the next guy over people DCing 10 seconds in because they didn't like the killer or map or what have you. But if you have run a good game and you aren't having fun due to overtly toxic behavior you should have the option to leave. No other large multi-player game that I know of traps people in with a$$*oles and then further victimizes them if they choose not to put up with it.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
sensing a tinsy bit of aggression in that second voting option...
you okay bud?
If believing that players don't have the right to selfishly do whatever they want when they want at others' expense like spoiled children just because they spent money on the game makes me an annoying no-life, then so be it.
I voted yes as a joke because this is just stupid
I didn't know it went higher than 20 min until I read this post. I've only dced once for two reasons:
1) To give the other survivor hatch, because I was slugged.
2) Just out of curiosity to see how long the first penalty was.
Where is the option
"I paid for the game too and shouldn't have crybaby rage quitters ruining my experience! Ban them all I say!
The point is : sure, you bought the game and should have right to play it. But remember - others ALSO bought it. And also should have right to play it. And its hard when one their team just dc at start :P
Having bought the game doesn't mean you get to ruin it for 4 other people everytime you decide you're not having fun.
hmmmmmm, I sense a strong bias
I really hope this is a joke, and I don't like that I honestly can't tell.
Pretty funny either way.
Neither of the three options. Honestly, the game should just recognize the difference between losing connection and rage-quitting
If you do something ban-able then you get the ban punishment. End of story. Play by rules or don’t play at all, it’s really that simple. If DC is a ban-able offense the its against the rules. Another thing, if you only DC when you have a rare disconnection because of problems with your device then I can guarantee you will NEVER earn a ban of 20 minutes.
LMFAO I like how more than 70% (currently) of people who responded to the poll chose the option you clearly didn't want people selecting by using language like "I have no life so I need to annoy everyone else"
Get ######### on buddy. The more people introduce these biased polls the more I relish in disappointing them by selecting the answer that they don't want to hear but is still ######### right. If you DC too many times, serves you right for getting a penalty, if you get heated playing the game take a break and play Civ 6 or something lol
(only real gamers will recognize that reference)
It is annoying that the game devs don't seem to know what they want or do what they want. If they want people not to tunnel or camp, which is something in the game, they should manually take it out. Make perks that deal with those things game mechanics. Same thing goes for DC in my opinion. Why is there even an option to disconnect if you get punished for doing it regardless of the circumstances. I could dc on death hook and get the same penalty as somebody who dcs at the start of a match. DC penalty itself is fine, but I feel it needs reworked and not just reinstated like they did.
Bruh, just have Yes or No without an explanation that is so biased
My dude is upset.
No, DC penalties should not be reduced.
If anything, DC penalties should be massively increased.
if you arent going to play the game, then dont queue up.
I don't think there should be a DC penalty of any kind. The first comment "If believing that players don't have the right to selfishly do whatever they want when they want at others' expense like spoiled children" is asserting that this is people who DC. But in reality that is what we have now that the DC penalty is in place. Every game now is just camp, tunnel, slug...rinse and repeat because the killers are confident that you will not leave no matter how bad it is to avoid being penalized. It is worse and more toxic than it ever was before this ridiculous ban. I was as annoyed at the next guy over people DCing 10 seconds in because they didn't like the killer or map or what have you. But if you have run a good game and you aren't having fun due to overtly toxic behavior you should have the option to leave. No other large multi-player game that I know of traps people in with a$$*oles and then further victimizes them if they choose not to put up with it.