Won't hook suicides skew kill rates?
Part of the way devs balance the game is based on kill vs escape, right? At least, by the numbers. Those that want out of the match, instead of dcing, will simply die on first hook. Won't that just throw off the numbers? How is that accounted for?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
It probably will...and like crashing vs actually DCing there won't be a way to tell the difference unless they also take into account the duration of matches (Even then that's not a good indicator because the game could still go on for a while with an early suicide).
Depends on how many do it and what stats they take.
They should be able to track single hook death correct?
If the emblem for hooks per match goes really down I'm sure that'd be a notification
If i was a dev in charge of numbers i would drop statistics for a few weeks and let things settle down before i resume. The cry's for nerfs and buffs are always strong after changes.
Just gotta see if people die in less than 1 minute on their first hook.
If they do, doesn't count.
If they don't, it's fine.
Obviously creating an exception for the last survivor in the match, since he just dies.
What if I'm trying to Kobe because no one is coming and they let me die on hook? It happens alot in solo
Can proximity to the killer, their movement and camera facing also be considered then?
Like it matters, it's not like it's balanced or ever will be regardless of what they feel kill rates are.
Struggle phase alone lasts a full minute. And you shouldn't try to kobe either way.
I don't see why.
Camping is valid. Waste the killers time by staying
Statistics are nothing without interpretation, and the stat sheets they've sent out are not what they base balancing decisions on. Those were for fun and we were encouraged to not make conclusions solely based on those statistics.
That being said, I'm certain that any statistics they use as part of evaluating how the average game is turning out are much more detailed than what we've obtained, which allows them to interpret if a survivor decided to die right when they got hooked, or if they simply didn't get saved.
Well, yes, but not everyone thinks that way. Just a thought.
If no one is gonna save, why not kobe? I'll die faster instead of wasting time on hook or I'll be back in the game and no one gets off gens
So? Should I start taking notes on the planes passing by because some people believe they are releasing chemicals in the air?
I don't follow your logic here...
You have a full minute before you go into phase 2. That's plenty of time to finish the gen they already started and go save you.
Stop trying to kobe imediatly and wait a bit. Give your teammates time to finish their gens and come save you.
Only kobe if you have no other option.
I created a crazy conspiracy theory thread about the kill rates. Not going into detail because it was just for fun, however, Peanits posted in it letting me and others know that they do not have that much in depth detail about deaths beyond what is seen at the end of a match.
He could have lied but I dont want to believe that.
It will to a degree. Hence why I said killers are shooting themselves in the foot if they think a disconnect penalty will solve their problems.
Uh, solo play has another story lol. No one saves you ever, even with Kindred so you're better off either going a kobe or moving on to the next game where you can actually play, and this is without the killer camping
Sure. I'm not gonna stop you.
But you are just doing a 1st hook suicide at that point, which is the thing we gotta keep track of.
And as a fellow kindred user... god people are stupid... it's like they don't look around and realize they can see the aura of the killer and each other 😑
I quite literally only play solo, and I can count on my fingers how many times people didn't come save me at any point. Specially with kindred.
Welp my experience is very different from yours tho, I rarely ever get saved even if I run the killer for 4 gens. Plus not to mention that when you do run the killer around they tend to camp. No thank you tbh
So what you saying is that you always die if the killer gets you once?
No, not really. If say, my teammates have done no gens and it's been a good long chase, or if they're urban evading around. then I'll dip. If no one is coming to save me before 2nd stage, I'll try to Kobe, if I'm finishing 2nd stage and no one is around, I'll let go early. If I'm being camped , I'll dip too
Exactly. Its all futile at this stage. The game is what it is. The core of the game is baked in and tinkering round the edges wont ever make much difference.
Either 'enjoy' it for what it is or play something different. Anyone ever expecting radical change is going to be disappointed.
They always did.