DC Penalty - Can I get a refund?

I've been playing for 7 months and I already have 1500 hours in dbd. When I put $200+ in I expected to be able to actually play your game. It crashes regularly for me but I put up with it because I love the game. But now I'm getting hit with penalties that don't let me play at all for increasingly long stretches of time. It's so frustrating to be penalized when I haven't done anything wrong, and there's nothing I can do. My drivers are up to date and all that stuff, and my other games don't crash so I think we know who is to blame.

I still see people DC because they get downed or frustrated. They will wait their little 5 minute penalty and move on - not hurt at all. Meanwhile I'm penalized for playing for any considerable length of time. It feels downright insulting to be told i'm being banned because I "disconnected."

No. I didn't disconnect.

Your buggy glitchy game crashed and you are blaming me. Everyone knows this is one of the buggiest games in existence. Instead of solving that problem which would require time and money, you penalize the players who are affected by the bugs. Nice.

How can I get my money back since I can't play what I payed for?

Comments

  • @Chekita said:

    (1) Only place that this game has recurrent connection issues is during loading screen, if you DC there, there is no penalty.

    (2) Any other recurrent disconnection should be a problem on your end, take a look at the trobleshooting threads, try to contact for tech support, there is no rampant problem being reported on this matter (interestingly a matter that only became a matter after people started to get a timeout for bad behavior).

    (3) if you have 1,5k hours plus you certainly won't get a refund. And people asking for proof is not dismissive, it's too much of a coincidence that only now people decide to report their games for not working.

    I didn't say it was dismissive, that was someone else in different context. And it's not a coincidence, it's because now I'm being penalized for something I can't control.

  • @CandyBard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088775#Comment_1088775

    Fair enough. I like the sports analogy, and Ive made my case to them as well, but it just seems really harsh to say that sort of thing. We all know DBD is a game riddled with bugs, so we cant put all the blame on the player, but when it is frequent, I do agree that it usually is a system issue.

    A lot of these fringe cases didnt become public until now, though, because they didnt have the bans in place until recently, so I understand the issue being more prevalent now, but again, the issue isn't one I understand, cause Im on an xbox.

    Describe your technical issue

    Look over that sub forum and you will see crash reports. You will also see how inactive that sub forum is. Now look at the Steam forums, Reddit, anywhere else there is DbD discussion you'll see a lack of legit crash reports.

    There is a serious lack of crash reports when you remember just how buggy DbD is known to be! They exist, don't mistake that. But DbD simply isn't THAT broken!


    All games have a % of its playerbase unable to play it. Those players also just happen to be very rare one in a thousand/million bug or far more likely people with subpar or poor equipment that can't handle DbD. Some folks aren't even telling the truth at all.

    It's harsh. I know it is because I lived through those sports analogies myself being a fat kid. Felt bad, but it made me want to improve myself. Sometimes you gotta take one to the chin in order to learn. And I also learned this in gaming. When I start to see my PC unable to keep up. I start planing upgrades. Saving cash here/there, making a shopping list, budget a build, then simply get that new PC.

    That's life. Do what you can till you can't.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088880#Comment_1088880

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

    Look over that sub forum and you will see crash reports. You will also see how inactive that sub forum is. Now look at the Steam forums, Reddit, anywhere else there is DbD discussion you'll see a lack of legit crash reports.

    There is a serious lack of crash reports when you remember just how buggy DbD is known to be! They exist, don't mistake that. But DbD simply isn't THAT broken!

    All games have a % of its playerbase unable to play it. Those players also just happen to be very rare one in a thousand/million bug or far more likely people with subpar or poor equipment that can't handle DbD. Some folks aren't even telling the truth at all.

    It's harsh. I know it is because I lived through those sports analogies myself being a fat kid. Felt bad, but it made me want to improve myself. Sometimes you gotta take one to the chin in order to learn. And I also learned this in gaming. When I start to see my PC unable to keep up. I start planing upgrades. Saving cash here/there, making a shopping list, budget a build, then simply get that new PC.

    That's life. Do what you can till you can't.

    Yeah but your sample is flawed because I crash regularly and I've never submitted a report and I certainly don't go to dbd forums to try to get tech advice. So where am I represented in your little sample? I'm not, nor are the other people who have similar problems. You shouldn't draw conclusions based on bogus statistics. You have no idea what the real stats are, but just from the streamers I watched on twitch I've seen them crash quite a few times.

  • Speccy - find the details of your computer's specs. Great for spotting issues or finding compatible upgrades. Download the latest version free.

    Get your specs, because saying my game crashes, but only this game, not any other UE games, usually means something isn't up to par, and you're going to need the specs for crash reporting, since if it's an issue with a specific card or driver, you're going to need to tell them what you have. If you can't bother trying to fix it, or actually doing crash reports, and trying to get the issue fixed if it's on bhvr's end, then everyone is going to assume you're a salty baby who is mad they can't d/c freely anymore.

  • @fengsad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088942#Comment_1088942

    Yeah but your sample is flawed because I crash regularly and I've never submitted a report and I certainly don't go to dbd forums to try to get tech advice. So where am I represented in your little sample? I'm not, nor are the other people who have similar problems. You shouldn't draw conclusions based on bogus statistics. You have no idea what the real stats are, but just from the streamers I watched on twitch I've seen them crash quite a few times.

    That doesn't really help your case, to be fairly honest. Neglecting to report bugs and crashes that, if they are caused by some coding errors in BHVR's work, means you're soiling the sample, not that the sample excludes you. Which is to say, the sample does include you, but you just chose not to participate.

    If it isn't your specs, then you're neglecting to help ensure the quality of life for others by not reporting crashes, bugs, exploits, or other miscellaneous issues you've found in gameplay. If it is a matter of your specs, then whether you report it or not, it doesn't help the community, because it's a personal problem.

    The best part? By admitting to this, you've dug yourself a deeper hole, that anyone who wanted to defend you cant really do so, because you admitted to actively avoiding the forums, and submitting reports, because you didn't want to go through the hassle. If you were lying, and this is a bait post, then you've succeeded in running us all along. If you're being honest, then you've just actively undone any goodwill anyone might have had, because it's not that you couldn't access the forum, you just avoided it, until the crashes caused bans, which inconvenienced you enough that you had to speak up.

    Add onto that, your sample size is much smaller, because you're talking about "the streamers [you've] watched on twitch", which may be a handful of people, versus a forum that is available to nearly the full player-base. Your sample size, if true, also follows confirmation bias, meaning that by not providing examples of the streamers in question, you're not only expecting us to just trust you at your word (which seems to be a running theme), but you could also be taking your picks of evidence that confirms your previous statements, as opposed to just looking at the whole picture.


    Anyway, I'm done responding to this thread, because from here on out, I'm sure most of the replies to you are going to be people actively trolling/mocking you for your post, telling you it's a problem with your specs, or doing any multitude of things that would qualify as confirming anything I've already stated in previous responses.

  • My friend had to stop playing DBD because of the DC penalties. He has really bad internet (1.5 down and 0.5 up) so his game loses connection a lot. He only played with me and my friends in a 4 man SWF so that if he DCd it didn't effect normal players (killers still get rewarded for the kill and we would battle on without him). Unfortunately his internet means that he will lag out 1 in 5 games. He has had to stop playing because he will eventually get a huge time out from DCing. It sucks that the Devs didn't make it so if you lost internet connect on crashed you wouldn't get a DC penalty because now the system punishes players that have genuine problems and players that want to DC just kill themselves on first book and don't get punished for ######### over their team mates.

  • Lol bait.

    7months 1500hours. Lol

    So you played 5 hours a day in game time every day. When it takes like 10 minutes to get a match lol yeah right. You fall asleep with the app open maybe I'd buy it.

    1500hrs for a 30 dollar game 200 bucks for micro transactions? That's ur own fault.

  • @Black_Fence said:

    My friend had to stop playing DBD because of the DC penalties. He has really bad internet (1.5 down and 0.5 up) so his game loses connection a lot. He only played with me and my friends in a 4 man SWF so that if he DCd it didn't effect normal players (killers still get rewarded for the kill and we would battle on without him). Unfortunately his internet means that he will lag out 1 in 5 games. He has had to stop playing because he will eventually get a huge time out from DCing. It sucks that the Devs didn't make it so if you lost internet connect on crashed you wouldn't get a DC penalty because now the system punishes players that have genuine problems and players that want to DC just kill themselves on first book and don't get punished for ######### over their team mates.

    I'm sorry for your friend, since he is not doing out of toxicity. But many multiplayer games apply this exactly because there is toxicity. It's not out of the ordinary to have a penalty and the real enemies in this story are the players not the devs. Their punishment is pretty tamed, possibly because they don't want to punish people with those problems, but they can't simply ignore it.

    Maybe later, when something changes fundamentally with the game we could see a change, but I still think it will be easier for anyone with bad internet to play something else until they can change their connection if it's that much of a sequence of disconnections. Personally I did the same in the past when I had bad connection, bc it seriously sucks too much to play with lag and disconnections.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088880#Comment_1088880

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

    Look over that sub forum and you will see crash reports. You will also see how inactive that sub forum is. Now look at the Steam forums, Reddit, anywhere else there is DbD discussion you'll see a lack of legit crash reports.

    There is a serious lack of crash reports when you remember just how buggy DbD is known to be! They exist, don't mistake that. But DbD simply isn't THAT broken!

    All games have a % of its playerbase unable to play it. Those players also just happen to be very rare one in a thousand/million bug or far more likely people with subpar or poor equipment that can't handle DbD. Some folks aren't even telling the truth at all.

    It's harsh. I know it is because I lived through those sports analogies myself being a fat kid. Felt bad, but it made me want to improve myself. Sometimes you gotta take one to the chin in order to learn. And I also learned this in gaming. When I start to see my PC unable to keep up. I start planing upgrades. Saving cash here/there, making a shopping list, budget a build, then simply get that new PC.

    That's life. Do what you can till you can't.

    People don't report crashes because they take them for granted at this point. The only reason it's an issue now is because there's a penalty of being punished for a crash.

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088384#Comment_1088384

    I'm not saying you're wrong, in a general sense. The DC ban system SHOULD detect where the ban came from, either 'leave game' or an internet drop. I had hoped that would be the case. I haven't experiences it myself, so I can't say. Still, 1500 hours is a lot of time invested. I'd personally think the, what, 30 bucks initially to buy the game, would be worth it.

    It would be too abusable if there would be a difference between leave game and pull the plug, the devs even stated that in the recent dev stream. And everyone knows that the most players try to abuse everything in this game.

  • @megdonalds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088391#Comment_1088391

    It would be too abusable if there would be a difference between leave game and pull the plug, the devs even stated that in the recent dev stream. And everyone knows that the most players try to abuse everything in this game.

    This.

    As many have said before, it's a necessary evil.

1 2 ›