Do timeouts apply to game crashes?

I don't have performance issues, but sometimes the game still crashes. Will I be getting the same timeout as people who just DC from the game or does it not apply?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @minful said:

    I don't have performance issues, but sometimes the game still crashes. Will I be getting the same timeout as people who just DC from the game or does it not apply?

    Yup. Get BHVR'd.

  • It does but don't worry I'm sure they will fix the crashes sometime soon 😅

  • What's 5 minutes when your game crashes?

  • Yes - not because they want to punish you for your game crashing, but because if they didn't treat crashes as DCs, people could bypass the system too easily by manually forcing the game to close, or turning off their machine.

  • @NullEXE said:

    What's 5 minutes when your game crashes?

    About 4 minutes for me to question why I even bother playing such a broken pos before I join a 5 minute queue to get another game.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088012#Comment_1088012

    About 4 minutes for me to question why I even bother playing such a broken pos before I join a 5 minute queue to get another game.

    Well, for someone who thinks this game is so bad, you sure spent a lot of time complaining about it on here today.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088012#Comment_1088012

    When it eventually becomes 15 minutes. Then 30 minutes, then an hour. Etc.

    If your game is crashing that much then you should probably look into some technical issues. Otherwise you dc'd from other matches, and to be honest after your first intentional DC I don't think anyone really cares that your next timer is because "your game crashed".

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088028#Comment_1088028

    Well, for someone who thinks this game is so bad, you sure spent a lot of time complaining about it on here today.

    The disconnect penalties have brought the stability of the game to the forefront. Now that it's actually punishing players it can no longer be ignored.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088031#Comment_1088031

    The disconnect penalties have brought the stability of the game to the forefront. Now that it's actually punishing players it can no longer be ignored.

    I've been playing for about two years now, and have had exactly 1 glitch that kept me from playing the game. If you're getting common issues, you need to figure out what's wrong with your computer.

  • Yep because apparently the alternative was too much.

    I honestly wouldn’t see people unplugging that often to dc. Takes too much effort. That’s just me though.

    Crashes in DbD happen too often to go ignored and now instead you’re punished for it.

  • @Huntar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088037#Comment_1088037

    I've been playing for about two years now, and have had exactly 1 glitch that kept me from playing the game. If you're getting common issues, you need to figure out what's wrong with your computer.

    The infinite load screen is very common and happens to everyone. You can't watch someones stream without it happening at least once.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088043#Comment_1088043

    The infinite load screen is very common and happens to everyone. You can't watch someones stream without it happening at least once.

    Haven't had it happen once. I know people complain about it, but it seems like it's a select group of people having trouble with it which, again, implies the issue is with their computer.

    Edit: Forgot to mention; the devs said this shouldn't result in a ban anyway. If it is, feel free to get a clip of it and post it in the bug report board.

  • @Huntar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088047#Comment_1088047

    Haven't had it happen once. I know people complain about it, but it seems like it's a select group of people having trouble with it which, again, implies the issue is with their computer.

    Edit: Forgot to mention; the devs said this shouldn't result in a ban anyway. If it is, feel free to get a clip of it and post it in the bug report board.

    Then you're very lucky because it happens to everyone else. I got a brand new computer months back and it still happens. So nope definitely not my computer.

    Why do you think the game doesn't start with only 3 survivors anymore? why do you think the 4th survivor wasn't loading into the game?

    Have you not noticed how many games do not start as it says one player disconnected? with no offerings that would cause a salty dc? why do you think that is.

    It's very skeptical that you're trying to downplay one of the most known about issues in the entire game.

    They say it shouldn't result in a ban but I've seen 2 people so far say otherwise. A lot of things that shouldn't happen in the game happen....which circles back to my original point that it's a mess right now.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088043#Comment_1088043

    The infinite load screen is very common and happens to everyone. You can't watch someones stream without it happening at least once.

    I second this, I got banned during the DC punishment trail for the initiate load screen as well. It happens, but I don’t think it’s too much to worry about, let’s just hope Behaviour fixes these issues.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088053#Comment_1088053

    Then you're very lucky because it happens to everyone else. I got a brand new computer months back and it still happens. So nope definitely not my computer.

    Why do you think the game doesn't start with only 3 survivors anymore? why do you think the 4th survivor wasn't loading into the game?

    Have you not noticed how many games do not start as it says one player disconnected? with no offerings that would cause a salty dc? why do you think that is.

    It's very skeptical that you're trying to downplay one of the most known about issues in the entire game.

    They say it shouldn't result in a ban but I've seen 2 people so far say otherwise. A lot of things that shouldn't happen in the game happen....which circles back to my original point that it's a mess right now.

    Woah there, you can't speak for everyone there. I also have yet to experience an infinite loading screen.

    @Johnny_XMan said:

    Yep because apparently the alternative was too much.

    I honestly wouldn’t see people unplugging that often to dc. Takes too much effort. That’s just me though.

    Crashes in DbD happen too often to go ignored and now instead you’re punished for it.

    Well it will be common because if you can unplug and not be punished, whats the difference. I'd rather have nobody be able to bypass it and sacrifice some players than have it easily bypassed at the expense of the minority.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088032#Comment_1088032

    People getting DCed due to dedicated servers, having to disconnect from a game breaking bug (like the "stuck being healed bug", among many, MANY others), bug splats getting stuck in infinite loading screens and problems with getting penalties after a rank update error, are all things that are still happening and haven't been fixed since the last time they've done this test. And that's just the game itself. Sometimes ######### that's outside the game happens that's out of a user's control, whether it be the internet, the power, or an emergency, etc.

    Last time during the test, I played 23 matches in a row and it still didn't clear me of my DC punishment. Went from a 1 hour soft ban, 23 matches without any problems, and then on the 24th the game doesn't load in and when I logged back into the game, I saw I had a 6 hour soft ban despite completing *23 matches*.

    Unless they completely changed on how the ban penalty is cleared, then getting a long soft ban timer isn't going to be an "if", it's going to be a "when". But then it also runs the risk of it not being harsh enough where someone can just DC every other game and still only get slapped on the wrist.

    It's ok. When they get personally affected by it then they'll run back to the forums singing a different tune. Then we can just dig up their old posts and say "told you so": 💁‍♀️

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088032#Comment_1088032

    People getting DCed due to dedicated servers, having to disconnect from a game breaking bug (like the "stuck being healed bug", among many, MANY others), bug splats getting stuck in infinite loading screens and problems with getting penalties after a rank update error, are all things that are still happening and haven't been fixed since the last time they've done this test. And that's just the game itself. Sometimes ######### that's outside the game happens that's out of a user's control, whether it be the internet, the power, or an emergency, etc.

    Last time during the test, I played 23 matches in a row and it still didn't clear me of my DC punishment. Went from a 1 hour soft ban, 23 matches without any problems, and then on the 24th the game doesn't load in and when I logged back into the game, I saw I had a 6 hour soft ban despite completing *23 matches*.

    Unless they completely changed on how the ban penalty is cleared, then getting a long soft ban timer isn't going to be an "if", it's going to be a "when". But then it also runs the risk of it not being harsh enough where someone can just DC every other game and still only get slapped on the wrist.

    How often I run into those errors is maybe once every few days. Also seeing how I purposly dc'd from 4 matches today and have yet to get more than a 5 minute penalty I would have to admit I find your story of "23 matches" into a 6 hour soft ban to be pretty far fetched.

    Listen we're not idiots on the forums, and you're not going to get the ability to DC for free back - it ruins too many games for other people, and other toxic people has abused it too much.

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088097#Comment_1088097

    How often I run into those errors is maybe once every few days. Also seeing how I purposly dc'd from 4 matches today and have yet to get more than a 5 minute penalty I would have to admit I find your story of "23 matches" into a 6 hour soft ban to be pretty far fetched.

    Listen we're not idiots on the forums, and you're not going to get the ability to DC for free back - it ruins too many games for other people, and other toxic people has abused it too much.

    In his defense he was talking about the previous penalty trial which did lead to 6 hour bans.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088114#Comment_1088114

    In his defense he was talking about the previous penalty trial which did lead to 6 hour bans.

    Ah I see. I'm sorry. That sucks for him for last time 🤣. Doesn't seem to be the case this time.

  • @yandere777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088078#Comment_1088078

    Woah there, you can't speak for everyone there. I also have yet to experience an infinite loading screen.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088045#Comment_1088045

    Well it will be common because if you can unplug and not be punished, whats the difference. I'd rather have nobody be able to bypass it and sacrifice some players than have it easily bypassed at the expense of the minority.

    @yandere777

    The difference is that the game isn’t ready to punish every dc because it has not yet been optimized to not have people crash constantly.

    Not everyone disconnects because of their internet connection.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088098#Comment_1088098

    @yandere777

    The difference is that the game isn’t ready to punish every dc because it has not yet been optimized to not have people crash constantly.

    Not everyone disconnects because of their internet connection.

    Constant crashes seem to be a small minority of people. A small minority which ironically has a significant number of people that over exaggerate their problems like the world is out to persecute them. The vast majority of the player base experiences crashes on a rare basis.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088234#Comment_1088234

    Constant crashes seem to be a small minority of people. A small minority which ironically has a significant number of people that over exaggerate their problems like the world is out to persecute them. The vast majority of the player base experiences crashes on a rare basis.

    @Dehitay

    The random crash bug isn’t a minority problem. Many people reported it and yet it comes back from time to time.

    Point still remains. Game isn’t ready for an all dc punishment simply because of a theory that everyone will now unplug. Sorry but I would rather have someone unplug than stop someone from playing the game just because they couldn’t help that the game crashed them.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088299#Comment_1088299

    @Dehitay

    The random crash bug isn’t a minority problem. Many people reported it and yet it comes back from time to time.

    Point still remains. Game isn’t ready for an all dc punishment simply because of a theory that everyone will now unplug. Sorry but I would rather have someone unplug than stop someone from playing the game just because they couldn’t help that the game crashed them.

    That isn't a theory. Intentional disconnects long outdate the option to disconnect from game being added. Also, even if there wasn't historical evidence, anybody with half a brain knows that would happen.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1088326#Comment_1088326

    That isn't a theory. Intentional disconnects long outdate the option to disconnect from game being added. Also, even if there wasn't historical evidence, anybody with half a brain knows that would happen.

    @Dehitay

    Theory means that there are no reports of how many DCs happen through pressing the “leave” button vs unplugs.

    Anyone with “half a brain” would know that if you’re throwing information out there, you should have the evidence to back it up.

    I am pointing out optimization issues that crashed people in the past recent updates. That continue to plague the game.