Here's the DC penalty time for each DC

First time: 5 mintues

2nd time: 5 minutes

3rd: 15 minutes

4th: 15 minutes

5th: 30 minutes

6th: 30 minutes

7th: 60 minutes

.

.

.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • If your that bored to find this info, than you either don't give a ######### about this game anymore, or curiosity killed the cat

  • 1st: Warning, maybe a 2 minute ban so they don't just immediately rejoin and ignore it.

    2nd: 5 minutes.

    3rd: 15 min

    4th: 30 min

    5th: 1 hour

    6th: 2 hours

    7th: 4 hours

    8th: 8 hours.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084327#Comment_1084327

    The problem is they can't tell the difference between someone whose internet goes out on its own and someone who's being a toxic idiot and decides to disconnect by pulling the plug on their router.

    The reason the penalties are not extremely harsh is because they have to take into account the multitude of legitimate reasons why someone might lose connection to the game. I thought the trial penalties were too harsh for that reason, but I think these ones actually strike a good balance between punishing toxic behaviour and not punishing bugs or network issues more than necessary.

    I agree except the first one should not be 5 minutes.

    Our SWF got locked out for 5 minutes because we had to wait for the guy who got a 5 minute ban because he got an infinite loading screen.

    That error happens fairly frequently, but rare enough that if the first ban was like 30 seconds tops it wouldn't be an issue anymore. After that, feel free to escalate like so or however you want.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084853#Comment_1084853

    I agree except the first one should not be 5 minutes.

    Our SWF got locked out for 5 minutes because we had to wait for the guy who got a 5 minute ban because he got an infinite loading screen.

    That error happens fairly frequently, but rare enough that if the first ban was like 30 seconds tops it wouldn't be an issue anymore. After that, feel free to escalate like so or however you want.

    I thought they said pre-game disconnects don't count?

    Or is that something else in the game not working as intended?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087703#Comment_1087703

    I thought they said pre-game disconnects don't count?

    Or is that something else in the game not working as intended?

    Nope they all count. Supposedly the rank update error ones were not supposed to, but people are reporting that it's counting those too when they get them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087709#Comment_1087709

    Nope they all count. Supposedly the rank update error ones were not supposed to, but people are reporting that it's counting those too when they get them.

    and that was my biggest concern since infinite load screen can be frequent.

    Nice to see that after almost 4 years it's still in the game with no end in sight.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084998#Comment_1084998

    Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I'm also a human being.

    My bad, I'll edit the comment. 😁

    No worries, was just confused. I was like whoa, that's extreme, went from 30 minutes to 60 hours whoa 🤣😅

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087703#Comment_1087703

    I thought they said pre-game disconnects don't count?

    Or is that something else in the game not working as intended?

    I have had a couple of infinite loadings over a few hours and I didn't get a penalty

  • @Tokidoki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1087709#Comment_1087709

    I have had a couple of infinite loadings over a few hours and I didn't get a penalty

    Well hopefully it stays like that. However it wouldn't surprise me if it falsely counted it as a dc from time to time since nothing in this game works properly.

    I think a lot of people would feel better about the penalties if the devs actually put effort into fixing their bugs rather than leaving them for months and shrugging their shoulders but nothing ever changes.

    The fact that a game breaking bug which caused disconnect standoffs was in the game with the last penalty trial, and is still in there now with no fix in sight really speaks volumes as to where their priorities are. Hint: fixing bugs isn't bringing in the cash.

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084265#Comment_1084265

    I mean, if you want to keep pretending that is the reason for the majority of DCs then go ahead. It's not reality though.

    It's certainly not. But the first should be no penalty . Kind of a warning. The game does still have stability issues after all. Any more beyond the first should carry a harsher penalty though.

  • I think these are fair. Perhaps I'm lucky, but haven't experienced many crashes since the last engine update, and I've been playing since the beginning.


    Seems like enough to make frequent culprits DC much less. They obviously have to balance everything. People also constantly complain about queue times. If they are too harsh or could kill the game entirely.


    I can't imagine someone wanting to wait around for 15 minutes to dodge a killer they don't like etc. So this should be fine.

  • @Happy2Heal4You said:

    7 DCs is only an hour? That is a disappointingly low amount of time fore disconnecting that many times.

    Considering the time waited in between hitting 7 DCs, yeah that’s enough. You guys are begging for these DC penalties man watch that MM CRUMBLE 😂

  • The penalties are fairly reasonable. I wouldn't mind them escalating a little faster. But you can't abuse it too much. Most people aren't going to keep DC'ing after they get a couple 15 minute penalties. At least not on purpose.

  • Just googled for this info, thanks! Now to find out the decay times. Anyone?

  • Now that the system is in place, they can refine it. Adjustments and tweaks will be ongoing no doubt, so perhaps eventually they'll have a system that can determine if a crash was through no fault of the player or if it was indeed a rage quit. To be honest though, it's just as easy to yank your internet and claim it was a hiccup as it is to use the Quit button. So if they can never fully determine it, then so be it.

    At least now we have something to be a deterrent. That's all I had hoped for.

  • Are these numbers facts?

  • Look at the Nurse nerf, she is still by far the most powerful killer and in the right hands borderline unbeatable...BUT, people heard nerf so "obviously she is the worst thing ever now bruh".

    Same applies here, the actual penalty does not matter, the mere knowledge there is one is enough to detere people from DCing aka, job done.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084303#Comment_1084303

    Considering the time waited in between hitting 7 DCs, yeah that’s enough. You guys are begging for these DC penalties man watch that MM CRUMBLE 😂

    Considering someone would be willing to DC 7 times and have clearly still not learned their lesson and don’t care about these timeout punishments then there should be a greater punishment then this.

  • I wish there was a way to tell your teammates you weren't DC-ing because you're salty. You just needed to get something done and didn't want to leave the game running.

1 2 ›