Unpopular Opinion: DC Penalties

There are plenty of reasons why DCing is legitimate and shouldn't be penalized. Sorry I shouldn't be penalized for someone ruining the fun of the game.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I believe this will only end up hurting the game in the longrun rather than helping it.

    There are so many things in DBD that players are unhappy with. That causes some disconnects.

    Just my prediction though.

    I would expect toxicity to rise knowing that people can’t disconnect.

    There are some situations where it’s justified though. 2 survivors disconnect ruining the game for everyone. Killer slugs one for the 4k. The survivors got screwed the most by 2 others disconnecting, yet they’re expected to sit there slugged for 4 mins? Why? Why are they being punished when they did nothing wrong? They got screwed and just want a new game. Why should they have to sit bored so the killer can gloat about the “ez 4k”? (This happens more than you would expect).

    All you can do is hope they fixed the crap from last time but I’m guessing they haven’t where infinite loading screens count as disconnects.

    I disagree. I think it will fix itself. These things that people are unhappy with, they can just quit playing. I know of someone that DCs all the time. I have no clue why they even play the game. It is very odd. The more survivors that quit playing because they don't have an easy out when the game isn't going their way is less of a wait time for the rest of us and better game health overall.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Here's a very solid, good reason why DC penalties cannot be a thing quite yet.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/CovertAmusedWoodpeckerHeyGuys

    Fix bugs like this before implementing penalties. 

    That person SHOULD NOT be penalized because of a bug with the game.

    This is the best part.

    We’ve had hatch standoffs before but now get ready for dc standoffs.

    With that bug the game literally wont end. Not even by EGC.

    Who disconnects first? The killer or the survivor?

    At least before it was a 1 minute penalty. Now its 5 minutes.

    This wont kill the game though oh no lol

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1083979#Comment_1083979

    I disagree. I think it will fix itself. These things that people are unhappy with, they can just quit playing. I know of someone that DCs all the time. I have no clue why they even play the game. It is very odd. The more survivors that quit playing because they don't have an easy out when the game isn't going their way is less of a wait time for the rest of us and better game health overall.

    And honestly, maybe the toxicity will go down once all the people who don't actually like the game stop playing. It would be amazing to get a single lobby where everyone is just playing because they like to play, instead of playing purely to win.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    DC penalties should only exist for players who do it repetitively. If you're on a streak you should be put on probation. Otherwise a player who DC's once in awhile shouldn't be penalized because sometimes there are bugs that make it so the match can't move on. Like, falling out of the map or getting stuck in collision which is something that happens in this game.

    This is what I'm surprised the devs don't get.

    Every game has penalties but they have a lot of leeway due to emergencies or bugs.

    A lot of games have auto reconnect too. Where you dc a bot takes over and if you try to join a new game you are thrown into that one. If it ends before you rejoin you're on a 24h ban*the times you've done it in a row. Also repeated dc then join last minute to lose face bans

  • @Huntar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1084158#Comment_1084158

    And honestly, maybe the toxicity will go down once all the people who don't actually like the game stop playing. It would be amazing to get a single lobby where everyone is just playing because they like to play, instead of playing purely to win.

    Agree completely. Anyone who plays this game regularly knows why THE MAJORITY of DCs happen. It is because the game is not going the way they like. All these excuses are nothing more than...excuses that very rarely happen.

  • @Ghoste said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1083620#Comment_1083620

    Lol dude those cases are so extreme. And even if they did happen, just go AFK maybe? Why do you have to DC?

    And other people will be punished for DCing now, so you should see less DCs overall. Meaning your main reason for DCing is being addressed with these penalties.

    Because if you work it and you need to remote in you need all your resources and bandwidth.

  • @Coder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1083996#Comment_1083996

    That, on wonderland, would work. But I have reported hackers, exploiters, etc... and I still see them in the game. But thanks for your reply, I agree on some things, not so much on others, if I want to play is because I don't want to do chores. Also, people can report you for going AFK so I don't understand half of the excuses, but again I don't totally agree but thanks.

    Oh yeah going afk is in the report screen isn't it?

  • @katerbater said:

    There are plenty of reasons why DCing is legitimate and shouldn't be penalized. Sorry I shouldn't be penalized for someone ruining the fun of the game.

    Why? So when you wanna rage quit or be a crybaby over a 1st hook/killer tunneling you its your pass? While your 3 "TEAM"ates take an unfair advantage bcuz you had "no fun" . Take your d/c penatly or go play a different game since you not having fun.

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/128951/unpopular-opinion-dc-penalties

    Your logic is the exact reason why the penalty is needed. "I don't like how they play the game so i'm leaving"

    You do realize this post was literally worded this way to make you mad right lmao

  • LOL when people don't realize that I worded this post this way to see what people would say.

  • @Boss said:

    Sorry I shouldn't be penalized for someone ruining the fun of the game.

    Did you know that you can easily ruin peoples' games by disconnecting?

    LMAOOOO none of you get that this post was baiting argument.

  • This post is a meme. Of course there should be penalties for DCing. What there SHOULDNT be penalties for is when your game crashes and you load it back up to see you are timed out. because they can't tell the difference between an actual DC and a crash

  • And lastly, DC penalties don't even matter because most people just kill themselves on hook now if they want to get out of the match, so really nothing has changed. People still play in a cheap way which makes it no fun which makes people quit on hook which makes it no fun. So what I'm really trying to point out here, is there's LITERALLY no way to fix this problem. There NEVER will be. lmao

  • @katerbater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1083839#Comment_1083839

    LMAOOOO none of you get that this post was baiting argument.

    Comment still stands.

  • and yet. you still felt the need to argue when this post was not even serious.

  • @katerbater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1367574#Comment_1367574

    and yet. you still felt the need to argue when this post was not even serious.

    Cause you responded later on that the post is bait, not what the post is about.

    So the subject changed, and i responded to that.

    Not arguing btw, just responding, you can have your bait.

1 2 ›