Idea on a Killer Perk: Degrading Possession

The idea of this perk comes from a recent post I saw where someone labeled a Perk: “Everything Must Go”.

It helped me generate this idea.

Since most killers are voicing their opinion on SWF collaboration with Items, how about a perk that consumes Items during gameplay. This can also help combat Keys and allow a change to Mori’s.

Franklin’s Demise has a similar affect, but only when you M1 a survivor. Franklin’s consumes the item at 0/5/10% per level of the perk.

“Degrading Possession”

  • Consumes items in each Survivors possession by 2.5/5/10% during gameplay
  • Increases Repairing and Healing speed of Toolkits and Medkits by 0/2/5%
  • *Does not apply to Items found in a Match*

Comments

  • I don't like having my medkit lose 10% of it's charge for no reason. The other part of the perk is bad.

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    I don't like having my medkit lose 10% of it's charge for no reason. The other part of the perk is bad.

    That’s fair, but killers also don’t like a 4 man SWF.

    The Idea is to keep survivors on their objective and to pressure killers to focus on generators. If you keep Survivors off, their items break themselves down without being applied. If you don’t, then survivors can use them appropriately.

    The affect could also only work when survivors are not utilizing their item. But if they are, they have an increased speed at using it without a consuming penalty.

  • @LustForBP said:

    The idea of this perk comes from a recent post I saw where someone labeled a Perk: “Everything Must Go”.

    It helped me generate this idea.

    Since most killers are voicing their opinion on SWF collaboration with Items, how about a perk that consumes Items during gameplay. This can also help combat Keys and allow a change to Mori’s.

    Franklin’s Demise has a similar affect, but only when you M1 a survivor. Franklin’s consumes the item at 0/5/10% per level of the perk.

    “Degrading Possession”

    • Consumes items in each Survivors possession by 2.5/5/10% during gameplay
    • Increases Repairing and Healing speed of Toolkits and Medkits by 0/2/5%
    • *Does not apply to Items found in a Match*

    Add “Tight Grip” for survivors then:

    • Any item found during the game can be kept through death
    • Franklin’s will not cause you to drop your item but the 10% charge can be buffed to 20% for FD
  • @Starr43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/127741/idea-on-a-killer-perk-degrading-possession

    Add “Tight Grip” for survivors then:

    • Any item found during the game can be kept through death
    • Franklin’s will not cause you to drop your item but the 10% charge can be buffed to 20% for FD

    That would be a nice counter! It’s all about trade-off imo and right now the only counter to 4-man SWF with items is Franklins, but then you have to M1 and they can just swing around and grab it.

    I don’t want this to be a nerf on Survivors but more of a pressure point for both sides. Apply pressure and if you bring an item, use it or lose it.

    Ooh that could be the perk name: “Use It or Lose It”

  • Dude what? You mean a worse overwhelming presence? If you don't like items Franklin's tier 3 is more than enough.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Dude what? You mean a worse overwhelming presence? If you don't like items Franklin's tier 3 is more than enough.

    No, it’s not. I use FD on nearly all my Killers and you have to M1 to apply it. The consuming portion is alright, but Survivors can just swing around and grab their item to save it.

    This could be a Hex perk if that was easier to allow.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Dude what? You mean a worse overwhelming presence? If you don't like items Franklin's tier 3 is more than enough.

    😂 you said it.. I was thinking it.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070921#Comment_1070921

    No, it’s not. I use FD on nearly all my Killers and you have to M1 to apply it. The consuming portion is alright, but Survivors can just swing around and grab their item to save it.

    This could be a Hex perk if that was easier to allow.

    Word of advice: come up with fun, creative, and unique perk ideas instead of catering to salty complaints. It's more fun that way.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070923#Comment_1070923

    Word of advice: come up with fun, creative, and unique perk ideas instead of catering to salty complaints. It's more fun that way.

    Not really sure where I’m being salty. I’m laying out an opinion and an idea for others to constructively build on.

    You just argue with everyone on every post.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070929#Comment_1070929

    Not really sure where I’m being salty. I’m laying out an opinion and an idea for others to constructively build on.

    You just argue with everyone on every post.

    I never suggested the salty complaints you were catering to were your own. There's no need for your idea of an anti-item perk when not just one, but TWO are already in the game. Sorry for trying to help you have fun mate, I'll try to remember that everything I say is the start of an argument with you :/

  • @LustForBP said:

    The idea of this perk comes from a recent post I saw where someone labeled a Perk: “Everything Must Go”.

    It helped me generate this idea.

    Since most killers are voicing their opinion on SWF collaboration with Items, how about a perk that consumes Items during gameplay. This can also help combat Keys and allow a change to Mori’s.

    Franklin’s Demise has a similar affect, but only when you M1 a survivor. Franklin’s consumes the item at 0/5/10% per level of the perk.

    “Degrading Possession”

    • Consumes items in each Survivors possession by 2.5/5/10% during gameplay
    • Increases Repairing and Healing speed of Toolkits and Medkits by 0/2/5%
    • *Does not apply to Items found in a Match*

    I'd rather change the base game to make it so used items are consumed in the trail so you cant bring the same purple toolbox to every match.

    Or make it so if a killer gets a 3k he keeps his add ons

  • It could compete with mindbreaker or monstrous shrine for being the worst perk.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070935#Comment_1070935

    I never suggested the salty complaints you were catering to were your own. There's no need for your idea of an anti-item perk when not just one, but TWO are already in the game. Sorry for trying to help you have fun mate, I'll try to remember that everything I say is the start if an argument with you :/

    Which other perks? Besides FD? Overwhelming Presence isn’t great imo. Also, this isn’t necessarily anti- as I inputted a buff for the Items.

    Edit: My apologies. I took that as you saying I was being salty.

  • @emptyCups said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/127741/idea-on-a-killer-perk-degrading-possession

    I'd rather change the base game to make it so used items are consumed in the trail so you cant bring the same purple toolbox to every match.

    Or make it so if a killer gets a 3k he keeps his add ons

    Yeah, I’d just like more balance towards items. Granted, I don’t mind keeping mine after a match as I do try to save my toolkit, but it’s unfair if Killers “win” they/we lose everything.

  • @Ksoni said:

    It could compete with mindbreaker or monstrous shrine for being the worst perk.

    How so? It could be a build towards countering a 4-man toolkit or 2 flashlights.

  • Mori's literally never need to be changed. They come with an objective before you can use it. Unlike Key's, or the Hatch Mechanic, which require nothing but convenience.

    Though I like your perk idea, however if it's just a global effect and not requiring a hit. I would make it a Hex: Perk. I also would make it effect items found in the match, as most survivors don't take items into matches anyways.

    I like to take into consideration everyone except just SWF when thinking of balancing a perk to combat SWF, because in reality most cases you're not against SWF except for like 1 every 4-6 trials.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070948#Comment_1070948

    Yeah, I’d just like more balance towards items. Granted, I don’t mind keeping mine after a match as I do try to save my toolkit, but it’s unfair if Killers “win” they/we lose everything.

    I absolutely get what you’re saying but honestly 1 game as killer with BBQ and pudding can be an easy 90k.. it’s not a million but you replenish items for sure. Some of my killers have so any ridiculous Strong addons but I never use them and then they replenish after some okay games.


    Imagine an item pause perk.. mid blind attempt you call upon the entity to render all items useless for 60 seconds with a cooldown

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1070878#Comment_1070878

    That’s fair, but killers also don’t like a 4 man SWF.

    The Idea is to keep survivors on their objective and to pressure killers to focus on generators. If you keep Survivors off, their items break themselves down without being applied. If you don’t, then survivors can use them appropriately.

    The affect could also only work when survivors are not utilizing their item. But if they are, they have an increased speed at using it without a consuming penalty.

    What does SWF have to do with item consumption?

  • @NullEXE said:

    Mori's literally never need to be changed. They come with an objective before you can use it. Unlike Key's, or the Hatch Mechanic, which require nothing but convenience.

    Though I like your perk idea, however if it's just a global effect and not requiring a hit. I would make it a Hex: Perk. I also would make it effect items found in the match, as most survivors don't take items into matches anyways.

    I like to take into consideration everyone except just SWF when thinking of balancing a perk to combat SWF, because in reality most cases you're not against SWF except for like 1 every 4-6 trials.

    I threw SWF in there for support lol. I did suggest it being a Hex so it could cater towards survivors being able to shatter it. Moris are just as much a convenience as keys. 1 hook, elimination. Complete gens, escape. but that’s a different discussion.

    I would just appreciate a perk that targets items, since survivors can keep a toolbox through 10 games if they escape them all without using it.

  • @Starr43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071002#Comment_1071002

    I absolutely get what you’re saying but honestly 1 game as killer with BBQ and pudding can be an easy 90k.. it’s not a million but you replenish items for sure. Some of my killers have so any ridiculous Strong addons but I never use them and then they replenish after some okay games.

    Imagine an item pause perk.. mid blind attempt you call upon the entity to render all items useless for 60 seconds with a cooldown

    That would be dope and yes BBQ does wonders.


  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Dude what? You mean a worse overwhelming presence? If you don't like items Franklin's tier 3 is more than enough.

    This, honestly.. There's already a perk that makes items use go faster, on top of Franklin's Demise taking a chunk of it when it gets dropped.. no need for another one, that'll probably just end up stacking and one second of use will deplete a toolbox (slight exageration but seriously..)