Freddy, low risk, high reward
So I'm a rank 1 killer, but I've only recently started to play Freddy properly (outside of doing daily rituals). When I play as Freddy and win, it doesn't feel like I won because I'm a good Freddy but more because of my general game sense as an experienced killer.
I'm still learning how to play Freddy optimally, yet I'm winning games where I believe I probably would not won if I playing as any other killer, including if I was playing as one of my mains (Hillbilly, Doctor, Leatherface).
I'm by no means calling for him to be nerfed, I think he's okay how he is (although the fact that borrowed time doesn't work against him when asleep needs to be looked at). I just think he's a bit too easy to pick up and be able to play him at a high level.
In this image is a result of a game I won, it was a game where I felt if I was playing as any other killer I wouldn't have got a 4k.

Comments
Yep, Freddy is most likely the Killer which is the best when it comes to the balance between Effort and Results. I think he is braindead, simple as it is.
freddy is not op and not low. Hes still the best killer in this game atm and that´s ok. Sometime you has good matches, sometimes bad.
No calling for nerfs, suddenly ask for a nerf
Ok boomer
M1 simulator is skill
Not that this comment does give any value to the Thread, thanks for reminding that pressing M1 is the most boring thing a Survivor can do. :)
DS, BT, DH, Unbreakable - no risk, high reward.
Adrenaline, Toolboxes, map offerings - low risk, high reward.
Considering how much no/low risk high reward stuff survivors have, Its just fair that killers have some of it too.
Np, I hope you will DC a lot
Where did I mention that he needed to be nerfed? I even said I think he's fine how he is.
This post is about that Freddy isn't hard to pick up and be able to play as Freddy at a high level. Whereas Spirit has the reputation of being easy to learn, which I disagree with. She's one of the hardest killers to learn compared to other killers.
I currently don't know how to play Spirit, I plan to try and master her after rank reset as I'm not comfortable trying to learn how to play as Spirit at rank 1. Whereas, I don't have that issue with Freddy.
I'm a Hillbilly main, it took me a lot of practice to be able to be a good Hillbilly (even then on bad days I have to resort to playing as an M1 Billy). I deranked so I could learn how to play as new Doctor.
However, I was able to just start playing as Freddy at rank 1 without too many issues. I struggled in my first few games, but after that I had no issues with him.
Gen mind games are 50/50 honestly. Just like most of this game it's self.
Yes to be able be a good Freddy does a take a lot of skill and practice, although I'm not at that level as Freddy yet. I know as killer even against average/mediocre survivors, a single mistake can cost you the game. Most of the time I can pinpoint the moment that lost me the game as killer.
I'm still trying to learn how to play Freddy optimally, yet I'm doing well against good survivors. I'm even winning games where I felt I probably would not of won if I was playing as one of my mains.
Maybe it's because Freddy fits my preferred play style, as I heavily focus on trying to push survivors off generators, only committing to survivors if I believe I can down them quickly.
I like Freddy but the 2 main problems I have with him are the fact that borrowed time can’t counter a freddy if they camp and secondly is how Freddy can just spam dream snares and a loop and bloodlust for the hit without any way for the survivor to counter it. I also just don’t need like how dream snares make clown feel even more useless as Freddy gets unlimited snares with no cooldown but clown only gets a minimum of 4 bottles with a reload that without add ons takes 5 seconds. Overall I think Freddy is very well balanced, it’s just some things I think need tweaking.
Survivor: Zero Risk, High Reward
Disagree, he does take skill, you have to know how to path correctly and when to break pallets
Yea he takes no skill :(
I mean looping is the same isn't it? Low risk,high reward. It doesn't take that much insane skill to loop a killer around a pallet you can see him over like all the debri pallets that exist in the game. It wastes so much time,but is there any risk in it? I'd say no. It isn't just the debri pallets,but most pallets in the game. Well ofcourse except hawkins but there you just drop each pallet and make as much distance as you can.
He's in a good spot. I usually don't have trouble looping him for a while. Every map is kind of broken and Freddy doesn't really change that. His snares cut god window loops down some, and his pallets can end chases, but they only work if you're already asleep.