Who would like in game % and would the devs ever consider it?
so personally id like to see the % of slightly, moderately etc. as a %, while i already know a few through patch notes etc. its always different depending on perk,add-on,item and it becomes more confusing to know exactly what is happening. would the devs likely put this in? i know they have kept the wording for so long but now their are so many different things that use these words but actually contain different % numbers and can be very miss leading. maybe im just picky and a bit OCD but id love to see the numbers in the actual game
Comments
The wiki has the exact numbers if you're interested but I agree, it'd be nice to see them in game. I wouldn't even mind a percentage on gens while working on it so that when you tell someone you have an exact percent. It's also be fun or at least different to watch the number climb while working on the gens.
They're covering the percentages so they can change the values whenever they want.
I don't know, I like estimating percentages when I tell my friends how far my generator has progressed. It makes me feel like a mathematical genius.
Me and my friends just speak in quarters. "I got a quarter left on my green med kit", "This gen is about 3 quarters done".
Then the other times; "GUYS I'M SERIOUSLY 3 TICKS FROM DYING ON HOOK" everyone proceeds to laugh and teabag me in the distance
they can easily edit the text in updates so changing them should be difficult tbh
agreed, id like that to be kept secret but you can tell 25% with the pistons as for items etc. thats another issue for me when i dont wanna have to keep checking their wiki
that's the definition of shadownerf. If they would show 3%-15% and so, people could just time the difference, finding their shadownerfs. Using those words as reference, they can add as many changes as they please.
Yeah but people can easily check the game's files and see if changes are made.
there are so many shadownerfs people never realized tho.
Do you have any examples? Not that I don't believe that there have been, I think many devs do shadow nerfs, unfortunately. Just wondering if you have any in mind?
Trapper's traps aura being one of the biggest, hag's reduced (more like nullified) lunge after teleport, most of bubba's add-ons are useless (the bona they grant is worthless), spirit father glasses add-on (before it had bloodhound incorporated).
You should check on int3r4ct youtube videos, he datamines the actual numbers and even talks about wrong descriptions. Like for example some addons describe an effect which it doesn't actually do.
But you know his videos are not getting updated afaik but it gives you a good start just have in mind they could be altered due to patches.
The Wiki is missing a ton of numbers FYI. Barely anything on there has an exact %
I think you haven't been there lately. Recently, the folks there added exact numbers to all Add-ons and Offerings. These can be seen by hovering over the modifiers (slightly, moderately etc.). Go there and test it if you don't believe me.