BHVR is so damn inconsistent in their decisions

I can't remember all that came up my mind until I decided to post it here, but I will add and edit everything as soon as I remember.

The first thing is, almost all changes that are done are due to "frustration" or counterplay. That's why the spirit now has a vaulting animation and no body blocking in phasing. And the doctor got changed, removed his static field because of no counterplay or frustration that the killer has to do nothing to get the detection (btw what is the difference between the old doctor holding M2 to get his detection and the Demogorgon holding M2?).

First thing about the doc. The static field was better regarding counter play and frustration. The new blast puts you up in an instant, the static field took ages until you reach tier 2 madness. And counterplay? On old doc you went away or into a locker. Tell me how to get out of the TR or into a locker within 2 seconds. The Static Field was way easier to counter.

Second I just noticed again and is there for one or two patches already. The Hag ALWAYS had a flickering moving over the phantasm when she teleported. This is gone now. This is such a lack of information regarding counter play. She can even stand there and just watch left/right at you and you have no idea if she already teleported or not. That totally counters dead hard and close windows. For what reason was this changed? Definitely a shadow buff and totally inconsistent to everything they argue about other changes.

Comments

  • So, what I'm taking from this, is that you're complaining that killers are actually gaining some power over survivors? Isn't that kind of the point of a killer? To be able to outplay survivors?

  • Doc counterplay is: keep in mind 60 sec cooldown. When cooldown wears off escape the TR or get into a locker.

    Maybe the hag thing is a bug or you just weren't paying attention.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Doc counterplay is: keep in mind 60 sec cooldown. When cooldown wears off escape the TR or get into a locker.

    Maybe the hag thing is a bug or you just weren't paying attention.

    I paid attention the whole game after I noticed it on the first trap. The flickering is gone. And to the doctor: unlike Plague or Oni you have no idea when the cooldown is ready (unless you use your DS hourglasses...). And if the blast is ready? So you run Premonition to jump to the next locker to make sure you can hop in the second you hear the charging? And you just stay inside a locker the whole time until you hear the charge going off? That's what I mean, it was way easier before to counter it, it became worse with the change. You can do it, but you throw the game or just have minor chances to be actually able to counter it.

    @Mikeasaurus said:

    So, what I'm taking from this, is that you're complaining that killers are actually gaining some power over survivors? Isn't that kind of the point of a killer? To be able to outplay survivors?

    Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the doctor, I'm fine with the hag. I just totally dislike the way BHVR argues their changes with counterplay and frustration and then deliver this. Like they have no idea what they are doing. I love the feedback they give and the activity in forums, and the dev streams and all of that. But the result is somehow questionable and therefore lowers the value of all the feedback

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058469#Comment_1058469

    I paid attention the whole game after I noticed it on the first trap. The flickering is gone. And to the doctor: unlike Plague or Oni you have no idea when the cooldown is ready (unless you use your DS hourglasses...). And if the blast is ready? So you run Premonition to jump to the next locker to make sure you can hop in the second you hear the charging? And you just stay inside a locker the whole time until you hear the charge going off? That's what I mean, it was way easier before to counter it, it became worse with the change. You can do it, but you throw the game or just have minor chances to be actually able to counter it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058462#Comment_1058462

    Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the doctor, I'm fine with the hag. I just totally dislike the way BHVR argues their changes with counterplay and frustration and then deliver this. Like they have no idea what they are doing. I love the feedback they give and the activity in forums, and the dev streams and all of that. But the result is somehow questionable and therefore lowers the value of all the feedback

    Yes survivors and killers should have equal responsibility for keeping a 60 second timer in their heads, Myers already has a 60 second timer for tier 3, did you never learn to time that?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058511#Comment_1058511

    Yes survivors and killers should have equal responsibility for keeping a 60 second timer in their heads, Meyers already has a 60 second timer for tier 3, did you never learn to time that?

    So what about the second part I said?

  • Hopping in lockers isn't the only way to avoid the blast, you can also try getting out of Doc's TR.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058526#Comment_1058526

    Hopping in lockers isn't the only way to avoid the blast, you can also try getting out of Doc's TR.

    Not within 2 seconds. Also getting into lockers is not possible within 2 seconds unless you stay always within 2 seconds range of a locker once you are in TR. And what I say is, that old Doc was easier to counter and less frustrating, so the argument doesn't count regarding the rework. In what way is the new doc better than old regarding Static Blast / field?

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058529#Comment_1058529

    Not within 2 seconds. Also getting into lockers is not possible within 2 seconds unless you stay always within 2 seconds range of a locker once you are in TR. And what I say is, that old Doc was easier to counter and less frustrating, so the rework argument doesn't count regarding the rework. In what way is the new doc better than old regarding Static Blast / field?

    You know approximately when he will blast you, and your madness is more under your control.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058551#Comment_1058551

    You know approximately when he will blast you, and your madness is more under your control.

    What? You say you predict when thew doc is going to blast? I'd say lol, never. And if you predict 1 second too late, then you get shocked. Or you camp lockers. Sorry, but I think without super defensive play you cannot counter the blast

    EDIT: and I still don't wanna talk about if there is counterplay or not!!! I wanna compare to the previous version and say the previous doc was better regartding frustration and counterplay!

  • I miss the old spirit not hobble over a vault animation. I liked the mind games she could do when versing a good spirit. Now with the bugs she isn't a big deal. Seemed more intimidating tbh

  • Demo and doctor tracking are 2 different things. Demogrgon has to charge of the abyss and either walk all the way there or take a portal there Survivor still hear his terror Radius and also get that mapwide notification that demo is traversing the upside down ntm if they dont already see the emerging from portal animation. Old doctor just had to move around and people would just give away their locations to him. New doc still has this ability but survivors dont get as much info as they do with demo when he he uses his power. Unless their close to him

  • The static field was just a passive buff the killer needed to do nothing to achieve, and it had readability problems for survivors too. Static blast is simultaneously more powerful and easier to understand.

  • @gantes said:

    The static field was just a passive buff the killer needed to do nothing to achieve, and it had readability problems for survivors too. Static blast is simultaneously more powerful and easier to understand.

    What do you mean with readability problems? And coming back to the core critics: do you think static blast is less frustrating and easier to counter than old static field?

  • I think Hag is actually bad right now because of some other bug, though that's only what I've heard.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058526#Comment_1058526

    Hopping in lockers isn't the only way to avoid the blast, you can also try getting out of Doc's TR.

    Depending on the map, not always an option. Doctor becomes broken on smaller maps with big TR. Not that I'm complaining. As long as the moronic hype train of 'make all the maps small' dies off it's a bearable problem.

  • Doctor finding you every 60 seconds is hardly the worst thing in the world is it? Who cares if he finds you, he's hardly much of a threat when he's chasing you, he doesn't have an instadown or anything. You also know he's going to do it a few moments before it actually happens. You can hear the noise of him charging it across the entire map. If you're fast enough and in the right area that is enough time to jump into a locker with QnQ if you really cared about playing competitive hide and seek the entire match. (I honestly want to be found as a survivor since the interaction between the killer and survivor is why I play the game, I don't play survivor to hide and hold M1 on gens all day)

  • You guys are funny. Wanna see you find a locker within 2 seconds...

    "You hear him charging" ... if you hear it and didn't camp a locker, it is too late