NOED needs either a nerf or to be removed.

Of all the things I have found wrong with DBD, the biggest issue I have had for way too long is No One Escapes Death. I refuse to see why this perk has went so long without a nerf. I'm not going to say to remove it, but something needs to change, because I'm tired of playing a game great only to die immediately to NOED. And it's hard to find the will to stay on the hook, since then all you do is risk killing anybody else. I'm not saying ditch this perk, because I understand that the best use of this perk comes from matches that went poorly for the killer. However, this inspires toxic gameplay. I absolutely despise the fact that you can do awful the entire game, yet still possibly net a 4K due to this single perk. Ruin was changed because people hated how annoying it was, but Ruin didn't need a change anywhere near as bad as this perk. Here are just a few ideas on how to nerf this perk: 1. When the killer runs this perk, change the design/color of the totems, that way it is worth it to cleanse dull totems, but doesn't totally eliminate the possibility of NOED actually triggering. 2. Have a requirement for the exposed effect, like only have the exposed effect if 4 or 3 of the survivors are still within the trial. This will still help Killers who've had a bad game, without entirely removing the ability for the survivors who've played well to escape. 3. Buff the survivors in some way. This doesn't have to be a big buff at all, but anything that makes it slightly easier to not die immediately is worth it. Like, how about removing all the survivors' exhaustion or make vaulting pallets and windows a bit faster. Just one of these tweaks would make playing against a killer with this perk infinitely more enjoyable, without making this perk worthless to run. Please, anybody consider this and spread it. Out of all the current balance issues, this one seems the most obvious.

Comments

  • I like how the game of one killer vs 4 unarmed survivors somehow the killer is the underdog and the survivors want to make him weaker, some killers place traps, some require a little brain power but they are all weak compared to the Gen Rush mostly because the killer can only attack one survivor at a time so the other 3 work gens.

  • Noed is very weak. It should not be nerf, but buff. Let the developers make it infinite again and let it work without a totem. Then it will be normal.

  • @homagegray said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051589#Comment_1051589

    Survivors have it so easy? It sounds like you lose a lot of survivors in chases, allowing them to get a lot done. There are perks like Ruin, Discordance, Pop Goes the Weasel, etc, etc that are geared for slowing gen progress. Not to mention the killers that slow the game down a lot, like Legion (who can often get many easy hits if you play correctly), Doctor, Pig, etc. And what about the best killers? A good Nurse, Billy, or Spirit should know how to apply pressure to more than a few gens, not to mention they can end chases quickly.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052099#Comment_1052099

    Are players still complaining about the ruin change? Yes, the change was pointless, but ruin isn't worthless now. You just actually have to apply pressure to the map and force survivors off of gens. And those of you complaining that survivors stay on after getting hit? You realize there is an interrupt mechanic, right? As in, you pull them off of the gen, immediately putting them into the dying state, no matter what killer you play.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052100#Comment_1052100

    The exposed status effect and a speed boost "isn't that good". How much do you know about this game, exactly?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052032#Comment_1052032

    So killers don't have many game changing perks? Ah, yes, let me overlook BBQ, Ruin, Pop Goes, Discordance, the Spirit Fury + Enduring combo, nurse's calling, thrilling tremors, and Franklin's. All of those are just soooo bad.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051868#Comment_1051868

    This is just ignorant. You have never played survivor if this is what you believe. A survivor who's not just out for themselves and is looking to get as many people out as once know you need to take turns distracting the killer (getting chased) as wellbas spend time on the hook to try and prevent somebody else who's closer to death on the hook.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051990#Comment_1051990

    Do you go into games looking to lose? I'm not so consumed by the idea of victory that it taints my enjoyment of the game. If that was so, I'd have stopped playing DBD long ago. I am pretty upset that it's already hard enough in the end game, that a killer shouldn't be able to win easy, breezey, beautiful covergirl. After all, the amount of times the doors spawn a stone's throw away from each other is ridiculous. I'm a Killer main and it is stuependously easy when this happens. Players like you who are complacent with everything, in spite of glaring issues, are why problems do not get fixed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051743#Comment_1051743

    Ah, so laziness is what keeps me from doing bones? Thank you for understanding my mindset entirely. Its not that I don't want to walk the entire map ringing a dinner bell for whoever the entity sent after me here, only to do one of three things. Either I could successfully do all five dulls, yet be no benefit towards getting chased or doing gens. Or I could do all but 1 or 2, because they are super hard to find and I resolved that another survivor must have done them. Or, alternatively, I could do my one or two, and hope that all the other three people whom I've never met before and have no idea how they think do their bones.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052022#Comment_1052022

    Refer above. But seriously, don't just use that meaningless phrase. "Get good". How can I avoid getting killed by NOED? Git gud. How can I get easy hits as a Killer? Git gud. How can I avoid breaking everything in a blind fit of rage purely because people believe that by simply using a phrase without adding any ideas on how to actually " git gud", and then move on, feeling they know much better than everybody else? Git gud.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1051954#Comment_1051954

    I can't help but agree. Small game doesn't help against any other non-hex perks, making it ineffective way more than half the time.

    I wouldn't say complacent. I believe there are bugs in the game that definitely need fixing. Perks working the way they are intended to work are not bugs. It's a tool. I don't go into games hoping to lose, but why get mad at a simple tool that is used to gain an advantage. Like DS or BT. It's a game mechanic that is used to gain an advantage for mistakes or oversight. Typically from what I see when a killer just let's gens go pretty quick most of the time they have NOED. Notice the habits because most killers will exhibit certain habits when they have a certain perks. This game just like any game is all about adaptation. Instead of adapting people opt out for blaming others or game mechanics. Things in a game will never be "balanced" because there will always be a side not liking a certain outcome. Win or lose if everyone had fun that's a GG in my book.

  • Just join the NOED Rebellion 🤣

    NOED FOREVER 😎

1 2 3 ›