Kobe'ing as last survivior

WHY IN THE ######### YOU CAN'T KOBE AS THE LAST SURVIVIOR?

You can kobe if you are on your first hook, but if you are the last survivior, the first phase gets skipped without any escape attempts.

Does anyone have an explanation for this phenomenon?

Not only you die instantly, but you are also denied points for struggling.

Why

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047179#Comment_1047179

    No he isnt. Last hook is and shoud be the same as every hook.

    And no, surviviors at gate are not entitled to escape, if they ######### up and stop too far from the blockade then killer can pick them up.

    All you really sound like is someone who gets hooked alone, and wants to use their deliverance and DS to "outplay" the killer. Nah bro. Don't get caught in the first place.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047194#Comment_1047194

    The circumstances needed to make such a thing matter are infrequent/specific enough that it would not be worth it to implement in exchange for all the times where it would amount to nothing more than a waste of time.

    At best, just give the last Survivor full struggle points automatically unless it would have normally been their death hook.

    The whole ordeal takes max 1 minute. Omg, so long. Surviviors can tbag at gate for 1 minute and the game does not automatically yeeet them out

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047232#Comment_1047232

    All you really sound like is someone who gets hooked alone, and wants to use their deliverance and DS to "outplay" the killer. Nah bro. Don't get caught in the first place.

    No, I did this "rage post" (or whatever you call it) after a game where a person DCed, second killed himself on hook. I saved the 3rd guy but he got tunneled, so I went to find hatch, killer closed it, I went for the gate, opened it, and then got caught. I looped and stealthed the whole game, and I die 1 hooked 1 m from the opened exit gate and I cant even try to kobe. No I did not have deliverance.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047238#Comment_1047238

    No, I did this "rage post" (or whatever you call it) after a game where a person DCed, second killed himself on hook. I saved the 3rd guy but he got tunneled, so I went to find hatch, killer closed it, I went for the gate, opened it, and then got caught. I looped and stealthed the whole game, and I die 1 hooked 1 m from the opened exit gate and I cant even try to kobe. No I did not have deliverance.

    So basically, another survivor asking for yet another second chance on top of the 84938493849834938439843948 survivors already have at their disposal. It's never enough for you guys, lol

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046791#Comment_1046791

    That is certainly fair. Though to also be fair, it is possible that if the circumstances allowed for it, the Killer could have placed you on a slightly further hook such that 60 seconds wouldn't have cut it. If they allow last Survivor to unhook, I imagine more Killers would attempt to take such precautions.

    I don't know if it could, my wiggle meter was around 50% if I remember that game correctly. It's certainly possible that it could hook me at a distant hook, but there's a lot of risk it's taking me there.

    Overall, I think if the game is going to automatically sacrifice you, you should at least get your struggle BP since you don't get a chance to earn them.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047218#Comment_1047218

    "survivior is entitled to hook attempts on first hook"

    Not if they're the last Survivor in the trial. ;)

    BUT WHY?

    Thats the whole point of the post. WHY is the last hook special? Last survivior does not get launched outside if he tbags at the exit gate for 5 minutes, but gets instantly sacrificed when on hook.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047266#Comment_1047266

    So basically, another survivor asking for yet another second chance on top of the 84938493849834938439843948 survivors already have at their disposal. It's never enough for you guys, lol

    What do you mean "another". Its already there. It just gets blocked for the last survivior and there is no reason for that. I main killer and if someone kobes then it means its some extreme luck, I wouldnt even chase them at this point, thats a freaking divine intervention. In the only situation kobeing is actually useful and worth the risk, RNG works!

  • There is something I don't understand... the word "entitled". I think no one is entitled. If a survivor did 4 gens alone, avoided the killer then he is "entitled" to escape? No, same with the killer, a lot of people complains about the hatch because they think "I killed 3 people, I should have killed the 4th" when no, you're not entitled to have 4K just because you already have a 3k. That being said it would be cool to re-enable the hatch grab if a survivor has a key and the hatch has been shut.

  • You guys sound like you dont like close, exciting matches, if you could, you would just slug and mori everyone straight away. Fun police ######### everythere, how dare you enjoy fair competition

  • @Saitamfed said:

    There is something I don't understand... the word "entitled". I think no one is entitled. If a survivor did 4 gens alone, avoided the killer then he is "entitled" to escape? No, same with the killer, a lot of people complains about the hatch because they think "I killed 3 people, I should have killed the 4th" when no, you're not entitled to have 4K just because you already have a 3k. That being said it would be cool to re-enable the hatch grab if a survivor has a key and the hatch has been shut.

    Yeah, exactly. Just using word "entitled" unironically makes me doubt why these people even play games. Games are about "outplaying" not being "entitled" to anything.

    Hatch grabs the same, competition should be fair until the last second. Although hatch grab was removed probably because it was bugged.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    You guys sound like you dont like close, exciting matches, if you could, you would just slug and mori everyone straight away. Fun police ######### everythere, how dare you enjoy fair competition

    There's nothing exciting about being slugged for a solid minute after jumping off the hook because the Killer was right there anyways just in case. :P

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047324#Comment_1047324

    There's nothing exciting about being slugged for a solid minute after jumping off the hook because the Killer was right there anyways just in case. :P

    If you dont like being given a chance as a survivior then just end your life on hook.

    We can ask devs to add "commit not living" option for the last survivior on hook just for you

    Thank you, but I prefer fighting to the end.

  • I loved kobe'ing before they changed it. This hag set traps all around me, kobe'd and found hatch. We both got some extra points. I don't know why they changed it, but I enjoyed it, even if I was insta downed I won, the entity favored me for 2 seconds and now I get struggle points. ")

  • @VaJaybles said:

    I loved kobe'ing before they changed it. This hag set traps all around me, kobe'd and found hatch. We both got some extra points. I don't know why they changed it, but I enjoyed it, even if I was insta downed I won, the entity favored me for 2 seconds and now I get struggle points. ")

    I dont know if anyone REALLY knows why they changed it.

    People say its because of time, or because killers are entitled to kill, but I would like to hear devs explanation.

  • So, as a survivor if you successfully chased and kited the killer. The killer should be allowed to close the exit doors on you before you can escape? To get another shot at killing you? Because it seems to be the same argument just reversed. If a killer successfully hunts down a survivor and "kills" them, you want the survivor to have another shot. So, shouldn't the killer also get another shot then? In both cases it just doesn't make sense. To me, they had their chance, why ask for another? Same with killer, if the survivor escapes, they escape. There's no extra chances on either side. The game is over.

    Edit for clarity: I am talking about the last survivor. No teammates can rescue etc.

  • @HellCatJane said:

    So, as a survivor if you successfully chased and kited the killer. The killer should be allowed to close the exit doors on you before you can escape? To get another shot at killing you? Because it seems to be the same argument just reversed. If a killer successfully hunts down a survivor and "kills" them, you want the survivor to have another shot. So, shouldn't the killer also get another shot then? In both cases it just doesn't make sense. To me, they had their chance, why ask for another? Same with killer, if the survivor escapes, they escape. There's no extra chances on either side. The game is over.

    There is no mechanic that lets killer close gates at the moment.

    Unhooking yourself on first hook is a feature, but for some reason its blocked when you are the last survivior

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    Because the killer would just down you as soon as you got out of the hook.

    And then you would spend over a minute on the ground because of ds.

    And then you would be back on the hook.

    Then they complain Killer is BS and a new cycle begins until hatch auto sucks out last surv for "fairness and fun"

  • @Peanits do you know why that change was implemented?

    Our speculations are going nowhere, I would like to know the truth.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047670#Comment_1047670

    There is no mechanic that lets killer close gates at the moment.

    Unhooking yourself on first hook is a feature, but for some reason its blocked when you are the last survivior

    And I am saying that feature makes sense. Survivors shouldn't try to save "their hook lives" till the end and if they do that's what can happen.You could see, 'hey my teammates are dying and I haven't been hooked or chased, maybe I should distract the killer for a bit so my team can do gens, even If I sit on the hook I can by them time' etc.

    Just because it is a feature doesn't mean you should have 24/7 access... It's like unbreakable, you can only use it while slugged not picked up. You take a risk the killer isn't going to pick you up so you can use it. Or just bring it as an in-case. But that doesn't mean 'oh no I died before I got to use it, that's not fair.' Kind of thing.

    I see it as you take the risk that you won't be able to use it.

    If you really want to hear from a dev, Peanits or some dev actually spoke on why they changed this. And I believe it was summed up to. The game is just over at that point. If I remember correctly. But the exact post is somewhere on the forums. It was quite awhile ago.

  • @HellCatJane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047686#Comment_1047686

    And I am saying that feature makes sense. Survivors shouldn't try to save "their hook lives" till the end and if they do that's what can happen.You could see, 'hey my teammates are dying and I haven't been hooked or chased, maybe I should distract the killer for a bit so my team can do gens, even If I sit on the hook I can by them time' etc.

    Just because it is a feature doesn't mean you should have 24/7 access... It's like unbreakable, you can only use it while slugged not picked up. You take a risk the killer isn't going to pick you up so you can use it. Or just bring it as an in-case. But that doesn't mean 'oh no I died before I got to use it, that's not fair.' Kind of thing.

    I see it as you take the risk that you won't be able to use it.

    If you really want to hear from a dev, Peanits or some dev actually spoke on why they changed this. And I believe it was summed up to. The game is just over at that point. If I remember correctly. But the exact post is somewhere on the forums. It was quite awhile ago.

    No one would try to save their lives, betting your chance of escape on RNG and killer being potato does not sound like a good plan. Sometimes your teammates just suck or DC and you are left with a game terminated early.

    I just want the first hook as last survivior to be the same as all first hooks. I dont like that they take away your slim chance of escaping given you by a certain game mechanic just to make the game 1 minute shorter. This just does not feel right.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Because why would anyone else want to stay in the match with you so you can earn a measly 800 points? What a waste of time.

    1 minute is so much time. And its not 800 points, its 800 with chance of 5000 or something like that.

    And some people just dont like being forced to give up because someone arbitrarily decides that they have no chance of winning.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047820#Comment_1047820

    Again, why should someone else have to wait for you to find the hatch or die to EGC just because you want measly points? You already lost, no sense in wasting other peoples time.

    They can get points too.

    And no, no one loses until the game ends.

    And compared to game and queue times, 1 minute is nothing

1 2 ›