Gen repair speed idea

So today I was thinking about this whole gen rushing issue which does exist (nobody can say it doesn't) and that I've experienced myself lmfao mostly against swf teams and so I had an idea about gen speeds and I wanted thoughts on it.

What if the gen repair speed for every survivor would be decreased everytime a gen is done, they start at the normal repairing speed and as they do gens their repairing speeds decrease, or vice versa, they start really slow and everytime they do a gen their repairing speed increases until they get back to the normal repairing speed? This would add a certain level of difficulty to the game which I believe it does require at the moment, I honestly enjoy playing more survivor than killer and it's just sad that sometimes I don't even get the chance to run from the killer once before all gens are done and when I play killer I definitely don't enjoy getting gen rushed in less than 5 minutes like I just think it's ridiculous that a match can end in less than 5 minutes. Thoughts?

Comments

  • Don't even bother trying to come up with a solution. Everyone in the forums will harass you and the devs do not care about you or their fanbase.

  • @Victor_hensley said:

    Don't even bother trying to come up with a solution. Everyone in the forums will harass you and the devs do not care about you or their fanbase.

    I honestly don't care about trolls at all, I know the forums are full of them and I couldn't care less. I just want the game to be better and for everyone to enjoy it, cause honestly l'm not enjoying it as much as I used to.

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045038#Comment_1045038

    I honestly don't care about trolls at all, I know the forums are full of them and I couldn't care less. I just want the game to be better and for everyone to enjoy it, cause honestly l'm not enjoying it as much as I used to.

    I want it to also, but the devs don't even know what a game is.

  • I didn't even mention anything about updates being survivor sided lmfao

  • Funny picture but I'm still with Patrick dev are pro survivor

  • The problem with increasing gen times is face camping.

  • @MrPeterPFL said:

    The problem with increasing gen times is face camping.

    Fixing the gen rushing issue would definitely fix face camping or at least encourage killers to not do it, if killers didn't feel so threatened by survivors who gen rush I can assure you they wouldn't camp nearly as much as they currently do. Yes you would still have a couple of toxic idiots that's just want to troll survivors but you can literally find those types of players in every single online multiplayer video game, like it or not. But if 4 gens are popped and the killer has hooked only one person does he really have any other choice besides face camping?

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045156#Comment_1045156

    Fixing the gen rushing issue would definitely fix face camping or at least encourage killers to not do it, if killers didn't feel so threatened by survivors who gen rush I can assure you they wouldn't camp nearly as much as they currently do. Yes you would still have a couple of toxic idiots that's just want to troll survivors but you can literally find those types of players in every single online multiplayer video game, like it or not. But if 4 gens are popped and the killer has hooked only one person does he really have any other choice besides face camping?

    I understand you dislike gens going fast but face camping is still a thing and increasing gen time will encourage more people do it. It’s a guarantee 2 facecamp kills with a cheeky noed kill, it doesn’t matter if you didn’t rank up, you made 4 people de-pip and got blood points for it, It’s a win win.

  • @MrPeterPFL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045163#Comment_1045163

    I understand you dislike gens going fast but face camping is still a thing and increasing gen time will encourage more people do it. It’s a guarantee 2 facecamp kills with a cheeky noed kill, it doesn’t matter if you didn’t rank up, you made 4 people de-pip and got blood points for it, It’s a win win.

    No, it wouldn't because gens wouldn't pop as fast as they currently do and killers wouldn't have to resort to camping. I can't speak for the green rank and below killers that face camp because they're still learning to play the game so they probably don't even know how messed up face camping is. But for high rank players like me I hate having to resort to face camping because of gen rushing and I hate getting face camped just because my teammates gen rushed the killer. I can almost 100% guarantee you that if these changes were implemented you would rarely see killers face camping in the high ranks at least.

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045217#Comment_1045217

    No, it wouldn't because gens wouldn't pop as fast as they currently do and killers wouldn't have to resort to camping. I can't speak for the green rank and below killers that face camp because they're still learning to play the game so they probably don't even know how messed up face camping is. But for high rank players like me I hate having to resort to face camping because of gen rushing and I hate getting face camped just because my teammates gen rushed the killer. I can almost 100% guarantee you that if these changes were implemented you would rarely see killers face camping in the high ranks at least.

    Trust me, increasing gen times is basically giving more time for face campers. Put yourself in survivor’s shoes, how would you counter face camping?

  • @MrPeterPFL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045291#Comment_1045291

    Trust me, increasing gen times is basically giving more time for face campers. Put yourself in survivor’s shoes, how would you counter face camping?

    It makes no sense dude, why would a killer face camp when he has more time and thereby he can get more points and pip by hooking everyone three times your logic is extremely flawed. Most of the killers that have been face camping lately do it because survivors rush gens or because one idiot teabagged or clicked his flashlight lmfao you've never been in the red ranks have you?

    I play survivor too bud, and I hate getting face camped but that's why I want gen times to get increased. Because most of the times I get face camped it's because the killer doesn't have any other option, either he face camps me or he leaves with 0 kills it's common sense...

    Ps. You can counter face camping with borrowed time and dh and ds in case the killer tunnels as well. Perks that can give you a second chance basically

  • Embodiment of the false equivalence fallacy.

    Nerfs to killers base kits which they have to use every game VS nearly universally optional features survivor's have being nerfed(Even then calling some of those nerfs is wrong) or exploits being fixed like hook sabotages/Per nerf BNPs/infinites making the game unwinnable for the killer.

    The only one that effect each game that would be the equivalent would be gen speed nerf (vaulting is still too slow to ever really be used in most cases).

  • People out here shutting your Idea down because "the devs dont care about you or their fanbase".

    Honestly these are the worst. Keep posting your ideas on the forums, dont mind the trolls, and I hope people will give you as much constructive feedback as possible.


    My two cents is that the primary problem when it comes to gens that needs to be looked at is the maps first (since toolboxes were confirmed to be nerfed soon)

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045353#Comment_1045353

    It makes no sense dude, why would a killer face camp when he has more time and thereby he can get more points and pip by hooking everyone three times your logic is extremely flawed. Most of the killers that have been face camping lately do it because survivors rush gens or because one idiot teabagged or clicked his flashlight lmfao you've never been in the red ranks have you?

    I play survivor too bud, and I hate getting face camped but that's why I want gen times to get increased. Because most of the times I get face camped it's because the killer doesn't have any other option, either he face camps me or he leaves with 0 kills it's common sense...

    Ps. You can counter face camping with borrowed time and dh and ds in case the killer tunnels as well. Perks that can give you a second chance basically

    My logic isn’t flawed, people Face Camp because they can not because they can’t win the game. People don’t consider ranking as winning, winning to some people are getting 3 or more kills, Face camping does exactly that, guaranteeing kills. Increasing Gen times is giving the camper more time to camp and to camp others.

    You’re confusing Face Camping with camping, Face camping is chilling at a hook, while Camping is patrolling the area, completely different. Borrow Time does not work against Face Camping as I’ll just interrupt with a grab, as for DS you have to be off the hook to use it.

  • @AStupidDavid said:

    So today I was thinking about this whole gen rushing issue which does exist (nobody can say it doesn't) and that I've experienced myself lmfao mostly against swf teams and so I had an idea about gen speeds and I wanted thoughts on it.

    What if the gen repair speed for every survivor would be decreased everytime a gen is done, they start at the normal repairing speed and as they do gens their repairing speeds decrease, or vice versa, they start really slow and everytime they do a gen their repairing speed increases until they get back to the normal repairing speed? This would add a certain level of difficulty to the game which I believe it does require at the moment, I honestly enjoy playing more survivor than killer and it's just sad that sometimes I don't even get the chance to run from the killer once before all gens are done and when I play killer I definitely don't enjoy getting gen rushed in less than 5 minutes like I just think it's ridiculous that a match can end in less than 5 minutes. Thoughts?

    The main issue I personally have noticed is the first few generators so the early gens being slowed down is probably for the best as it gives more time to killers to actually get off to a proper start.

    Also the last 3 gens have appropriate repair times due to potential 3 genning and just the faster patrols between them sense there is less of them makes them slower as long as the killer has had enough time to get a good start.

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    People out here shutting your Idea down because "the devs dont care about you or their fanbase".

    Honestly these are the worst. Keep posting your ideas on the forums, dont mind the trolls, and I hope people will give you as much constructive feedback as possible.

    My two cents is that the primary problem when it comes to gens that needs to be looked at is the maps first (since toolboxes were confirmed to be nerfed soon)

    Yeah, honestly I don't mind the trolls, after being in the forums for a year I've learnt to ignore the negative comments and only pay attention to the positive ones or at least people that want to have a discussion like adults not children. And yeah some maps definitely need to get reworked, but tbh I don't know how they're going to manage to nerf toolboxes without making them useless.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125287/gen-repair-speed-idea

    The main issue I personally have noticed is the first few generators so the early gens being slowed down is probably for the best as it gives more time to killers to actually get off to a proper start.

    Also the last 3 gens have appropriate repair times due to potential 3 genning and just the faster patrols between them sense there is less of them makes them slower as long as the killer has had enough time to get a good start.

    Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, the first gens should be slowed down at least to give the killer a chance to scout the map without having to lose two gens at the same time in the first minute of the game.

  • @MrPeterPFL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045483#Comment_1045483

    My logic isn’t flawed, people Face Camp because they can not because they can’t win the game. People don’t consider ranking as winning, winning to some people are getting 3 or more kills, Face camping does exactly that, guaranteeing kills. Increasing Gen times is giving the camper more time to camp and to camp others.

    You’re confusing Face Camping with camping, Face camping is chilling at a hook, while Camping is patrolling the area, completely different. Borrow Time does not work against Face Camping as I’ll just interrupt with a grab, as for DS you have to be off the hook to use it.

    They can't win the games because they get gen rushed, no gen rush no face camp. I've been a red rank survivor for quite a long time now and whenever I get face camped it's because the survivors gen rushed the killer and he wanted to secure at least one kill. Killers in the red ranks don't just go face camping the whole game to troll the survivors or because they like playing like that and I'm almost 100% certain that if survivors weren't able to gen rush many killers wouldn't face camp, maybe in the green ranks some killers do face camp because they're bad but I mean what can you expect, that's never gonna change. You gotta keep in mind I'm speaking for those of us that are in the high ranks not potatoes or new killers, that's another topic.

    Also yes I know the difference between face camping and camping I've been playing this game for two years now, and unless it's a leatherface you can definitely counter the face camp if the person with borrowed goes for the save and the others body block the killer, it's definitely possible dude.