Long download after hotfix download
Anyone want explain what this for because I already downloaded the patch.
Patch notes for the hotfix I downloaded:
Tagged:
Trusted
Anyone want explain what this for because I already downloaded the patch.
Patch notes for the hotfix I downloaded:
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Glitch maybe?
It's normal after every small patch on Console.
Never noticed it myself before. Oh well never mind, Thanks :)
This is something that infuriates me because I don't have great download speeds and it takes forever to get something that big downloaded. 🤬
I can even play the game because updates that aren't really updates are the size of a brand new video game download. This is getting out of hand BHVR, please figure out what's going on. 😡
Did you ever fix this bug, i have it every single time and it seems to be unfixable
Its not a download its applying the patch. The speed of which is based on your HDD or SSD read/write speed.
Edit: Damn necro posts
For some reason DbD is the only game on steam that takes ages to apply any patch
It just shows that many problems in the game are years old and still not even close to being fixed.
Its not an issue with the game. Many titles are like this.
Eh. DBD is the only game which takes that long to patch on my system. And it is on my SSD.
I have 150 games on steam, and this is the only one that behaves like this. Many people have already noticed that updating DbD specifically takes forever.
Payday 2
Phasmophobia
Outer Wilds
Monster Hunter World
Killing Floor 2
Just some of my games that take forever to update. All these are on HDD. DBD is on NVMe. Last hotfix patch that people complain about installed in 3-4 minutes for me.
Very curious Well see you on 2 days
Out of these I have KF2, and no, I never noticed its updates taking the entire evening to apply. I've played payday 2, but not for long, I only remember it taking like 80 GB on disk or something. Destiny 2 takes a lot of space too, but its updates were quick, or at least much quicker than DbD's. It's more about optimization of program structure: if to change a small detail you need to update all files in all parts of the program - you probably are not good at organizing your software.
Steam organizes the files. What are you talking about?
Payday 2 had the exact same complaint from the players every patch.
The files of the game are organized by the developers. Steam only organizes game directories within steam directory structure.
It about large downloads vs small downloads.
BHVR just sends the diffs and the system patches whats there. Smaller download but long patch time depending on the hardware.
Longer downloads is just straight up replacing large chunks of files. Little processing needed.
BHVR decied to use smaller downloads to help those with slower or even metered internet connections.