Do the devs really expect Killers to win 12 chases before Survivors finish 5 gens?

This is ideally how the game is supposed to be played. With the Ruin nerf there is no way Killers can play this way. Slugging, Camping, and/or Tunneling are required to win. The math does not add up.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @DanteMorello said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045136#Comment_1045136

    Yes because why Show something that is not used for match making anymore?

    I don't know how the MMR thing will turn out but I hope it will match more accurately.

    I will not miss any rank and as far as I understood from discord and notes, the MMR will be shown instead of rank.

    Why hide something that is used for match making? Like they are doing with their MMR?

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045142#Comment_1045142

    Why hide something that is used for match making? Like they are doing with their MMR?

    Again, as far as I understood the changes, the MMR will be shown.

    And as far as that is also correct the rank will not be used anymore for matchmaking as soon as it is not shown anymore and merely be a prestige thing.

  • @DanteMorello said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045148#Comment_1045148

    Again, as far as I understood the changes, the MMR will be shown.

    And as far as that is also correct the rank will not be used anymore for matchmaking as soon as it is not shown anymore and merely be a prestige thing.

    "Again" what?

    They literally said in the notes that it will be hidden. Verbatim, that is what they said. They called it a "hidden skill rating". Literally.

    Maybe you should read the announcement again?

    Edit:

    jnLBlHG.png


  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045169#Comment_1045169

    "Again" what?

    They literally said in the notes that it will be hidden. Verbatim, that is what they said. They called it a "hidden skill rating". Literally.

    Maybe you should read the announcement again?

    Then that is pretty bad. I did not catch that from what I had read about it so far.

    I can imagine though that an MMR that maybe goes up to let's say 1000 is more accurate than ranks 20 to 1 because even in red you get people with or against you who are not playing well.


    But yea without displaying it, it is a bit harder to check if it is performing as it should.

  • @DanteMorello said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045173#Comment_1045173

    Then that is pretty bad. I did not catch that from what I had read about it so far.

    I can imagine though that an MMR that maybe goes up to let's say 1000 is more accurate than ranks 20 to 1 because even in red you get people with or against you who are not playing well.

    But yea without displaying it, it is a bit harder to check if it is performing as it should.

    Exactly. I see no reason to hide it.

    I actually kind of believe all the conspiracy theorists when they say they are "hiding" the skill rating because it doesn't exist, and they are simply going to open up matchmaking to everyone for quicker matches, and that this whole thing is an elaborate excuse to do the rank hiding thing to blanket it like they wanted to before according to the leaked 3.5.0 patch notes.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045181#Comment_1045181

    Exactly. I see no reason to hide it.

    I actually kind of believe all the conspiracy theorists when they say they are "hiding" the skill rating because it doesn't exist, and they are simply going to open up matchmaking to everyone for quicker matches, and that this whole thing is an elaborate excuse to do the rank hiding thing to blanket it like they wanted to before according to the leaked 3.5.0 patch notes.

    But in that case games would just be horrible and I think it would be very obvious despite hiding it.

    No statement about why they are not showing it? Like maybe they don't want the killer to know and already focus specific weaker survivors in early game?

  • @Hunkulese said:

    Are you aware that you can defend the gens?

    please tell me how I can defend multiple gens at once if there is only one of me? do that then I wont think you are an idiot

  • @DanteMorello said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045187#Comment_1045187

    But in that case games would just be horrible and I think it would be very obvious despite hiding it.

    No statement about why they are not showing it? Like maybe they don't want the killer to know and already focus specific weaker survivors in early game?

    It would be obvious, you're right. But this is BHVR. If you've been playing this game for long enough, you'd know that it wouldn't be the first time something has been obvious and they deny it outright.

1 2 ›