This Event sucks for killers
Killers predicted that it´s going to be the same as Howling Grounds and SURPRISE! It´s exactly as Howling Grounds!
Survivors sabotaging and blocking the special hooks, which are surprisingly always at the other end of the map. Unless i equip Agitation and Iron Grip, most of the survivors will wiggle free, when i try to hook them a mile away from where i downed them.
I understand every killer who camps the event gens. I don´t camp neither the gens, nor the hooked survivors. I still get body blocked and sabotaged. Oh and 3-4 DS really bring a lot of joy for the killer!
Haven´t the devs learned from Howling Grounds? Do you really think this is an enjoyable experience for everyone?
Or is it (again) only about the survivors fun?
Comments
It´s really random. I had 10 matches as killer.
Event or no event - you should always go in expecting the other team to show no mercy.
So why should you show mercy?
Damn that sucks!
I should play the lottery!
It´s not about mercy (although i show mercy if the survivors really suck and i get several hooks before they get their first gen). But about how hard it is to reach the BBQ hooks in comparison of the normal hooks. How the killer is forced to change his playstyle (loadout) in order to get hooks, while the survivors can play normal and even benefit from the event.
I ran into several different swf groups with the classic 3 in the red ranks and 1 at 20. Those groups were some what an issue, but i didn't encounter what you have. Sorry hope it gets better.
I'm rank 1 on console, and I crush people. The only chance they have at the moment is if they are all 4 SWF tryhard millennial trash and bring instant heals. and all run borrowed time.
Like what is the problem? People hook rushing? Do I just leave the hook on purpose? Do I let people get drunk at gens?
Nope. Adapt. you're not entitled to survive.
There groups are really common. I don´t even bother naming them, since rank 1 loopers are easily recognizable.
Uhh i think you misread the thread.
As i said, i use IG & Agitation together.
But good for you, that you didn´t had these problems
I have been running those two also. I have been playing for the hooks not the kills after i get my 50 i will switch it back up and play normal.
Yeah i´m also mainly going for the hooks instead of kills. Breaking chases once they get into the only direction where there are no BBQ hooks. This affects the killer efficiency.
Someone on steam said that the devs use this event to get data on how fast survivors can do gen (probably a joke, but that would be awesome)
Goes both ways though. A good survivor will try and stagger gens to keep themselves out of a 3 gen nest situation.... but this event sort of takes this out of the good survivor's control as the cosmetic hungry survivors just mindlessly grind the margarita machines.
I don't see the big deal myself, but whatever.
Yeah, it really is. It's a bummer, honestly. I stopped playing the event after the first day because it reminded me why I hate the game lately. So. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Back to casual games of Overwatch.
Everyone’s experience is going to be slightly different at least.
My personal rule when playing either side is not to struggle if the killer didn't camp the generators. When i'm killer if they screw try to break or block my bbq hooks they won't get the generators.
Playing killer for this event was painful, especially when the survivors had no intention of letting me get my hooks and all the blue hooks were on the other side of the map, not even Agitation could get me that far
If the killer is taking me to a bbq hook I won't struggle, but if they're going for a max range non bbq hook to be a dick like a basement hook then it's war. At that point people who're not being toxic on survivor side will start body blocking, flash lighting etc. I've ahd games where the killer brings mori, plays Nurse or Billy or even Myers. They do nothing but camp the event gens only and won't chase anyone not near one and hardcore camp a single non bbq hook.
But hen I've also had games where the killer just lets both sides farm their stuff and everyone is helpful to each other. Those are much rarer especially after the 1st day and for some reason the Billy's have all been toxic as heck. When survivors would offer themselves up for a hook to be friendly they'd camp and only go after event gens.
Sadly it's hit or miss on pc but I'll still throw out offerings to help others get points even though I've got mine on survivor side. I just wish there was a better way of doing this since I'e had it where 3 event gens were all next to each other within 15 meters. Throw in a Huntress who does nothing but sit on Bloodlodge camp those 3 and envr goers after anyone.
There's also on killer side where all the event hooks are on 1 side of map and unless survivors are nice you're screwed.
Now, I did try playing killer and OMG the survivors were arses but I'm a rank 20 killer sooo yeah.
Why waste time on hooks when everyone can have a 💃margarita💃!
But I usually let people get their hooks from me! It’s come to the point where I’m like well since I’m red ranks I just want my gens! Like you could kill me and I usually black pip (or pip) but at rank 1 what else are you supposed to do?! Especially when there is an event going on!