Change to Lockers

There should be a change to locker animations when grabbed. How about, when you grab someone, the survivor switches to first person and watches as you them out. I got this idea after watching the Spirits grab animation out of a locker. If I were to be in first person, I would genuinely be terrified. This doesn't have anything to do with balance, just something that would make the scare factor in DBD go up :)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Zombra808 said:

    There should be a change to locker animations when grabbed. How about, when you grab someone, the survivor switches to first person and watches as you them out. I got this idea after watching the Spirits grab animation out of a locker. If I were to be in first person, I would genuinely be terrified. This doesn't have anything to do with balance, just something that would make the scare factor in DBD go up :)

    I'd be down.

    What about when the survivor gets hooked they also go into first person screaming whilst the 1st person POV is looking at the hook penetrating their shoulder?

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123725/change-to-lockers

    I'd be down.

    What about when the survivor gets hooked they also go into first person screaming whilst the 1st person POV is looking at the hook penetrating their shoulder?

    That would also be great. I just want more horror in a horror game xD

  • Yes more perspective changes. Sadly it would probably cause bugs like basement bug :(

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123725/change-to-lockers

    I'd be down.

    What about when the survivor gets hooked they also go into first person screaming whilst the 1st person POV is looking at the hook penetrating their shoulder?

    Honestly, this would get annoying and old after a while.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That's an interesting idea. So just to clarify:

    If the Killer checks a locker you're in, the camera swaps to a first person perspective throughout the duration of the animation, then returns back to a third person field of view?

    I have one question:

    How does this affect the Decisive Strike skill check? Will the Skill Check appear after, during, or before the first person view?

    1st: Yes, this is what I am referring too.

    2nd: I'm not too sure. I thought of the same thing, but I would say after the POV swaps.

  • Honestly being in a locker should be like that one trailer, switch to a 1st person view looking out the slats

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That's an interesting idea. So just to clarify:

    If the Killer checks a locker you're in, the camera swaps to a first person perspective throughout the duration of the animation, then returns back to a third person field of view?

    I have one question:

    How does this affect the Decisive Strike skill check? Will the Skill Check appear after, during, or before the first person view?

    It will stay the same. What you're asking may be about when the perspective changes happen.

  • @chase131119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1029594#Comment_1029594

    Honestly, this would get annoying and old after a while.

    I could see it getting old, but it's not like it's any worse than what we got now. I just think it would be scarier if it was first person.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    Honestly being in a locker should be like that one trailer, switch to a 1st person view looking out the slats

    I thought that too, but it would give survivors such little information to work on, ie if the killer is going away or something.

  • I like this idea also. If not first person then a really tight 3rd person. I know its not really a horror themed game anymore but having a limited pov while hiding for your life, annd having to rely on sound would definitely give it more atmosphere.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    I like this idea also. If not first person then a really tight 3rd person. I know its not really a horror themed game anymore but having a limited pov while hiding for your life, annd having to rely on sound would definitely give it more atmosphere.

    Something to spice up the scare factor.

  • The amount of poor baby Dwights this would scare lol

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    The amount of poor baby Dwights this would scare lol

    They would be terrified, poor baby dwight xD

  • @chase131119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1029594#Comment_1029594

    Honestly, this would get annoying and old after a while.

    Doesn't the stale 3rd person look get annoying and old too?

  • The only question would be if it's too much work on the engine. @Peanits, Would this be too hard of a feature to implement?