They realized after the fuckery they did with Ruin that there would be literally zero killers in the game for hours at a time after all the DC's, so they decided not to implement it. XD
Killers and survivors were saying it affected them if the game crashed. So they took it off until it doesn't effect game crashes.
while I know you are just sharing info and not starting an argument, I do want to respond to such a statement with:
If your game crashes that often that the DC violation system triggers....then maybe you should fix that instead of attempting to playing the game at all right?
Crashing that much. that often, something is up with their PC at that point.
while I know you are just sharing info and not starting an argument, I do want to respond to such a statement with:
If your game crashes that often that the DC violation system triggers....then maybe you should fix that instead of attempting to playing the game at all right?
Crashing that much. that often, something is up with their PC at that point.
The problem is the game was handing out DC punishments for people who didn't even load into the game. For example, I was playing killer and a survivor got disconnected before the match even started... I received a 5 minute timeout...
I was playing a game with a group of friends, His game crashed during the loading screen, he ended the task and we all recieved a 10 minute timeout.
You can't punish people for the game crashing, its not our fault their game is not greatly optimized, no game is. The punishment should only exist, if the player specifically hits the "Leave Game" option.
The problem then is all people are going to do is, "End Task" or "Pull their Ethernet Cord". It's not an easy problem to solve.
But they can't punish players when their game legit crashes, its unfair to the player, they also can't punish all players in a lobby when one person's game crashes. As I said before, I got a timeout because a survivor got disconnected while loading into the game. How is that fair to me?
EDIT: you do know that the DC punishment triggers after one crash and we have little to no information how long you have to not crash again for that strike to not count against you anymore. For example, I ended up getting disconnected 4 times during that period. 1st I was killer and a survivor Disconnected, 2nd was my friends game crashed. 3rd Was my game crashed, and the 4th was a DC on my part because the killer just trapped me in a corner and wouldn't go anywhere.
while I know you are just sharing info and not starting an argument, I do want to respond to such a statement with:
If your game crashes that often that the DC violation system triggers....then maybe you should fix that instead of attempting to playing the game at all right?
Crashing that much. that often, something is up with their PC at that point.
The issue wasn't just someones game crashing as I agree it gives them time to try and sort it but the game itself timing people out for such simple things as the lobby connection error or the game not loading in due to a server issue.
If it punishes for anything at all that is not the users fault and the game itself then it isnt ready to be released imo.
They should just give up on DC punishment, its pointless and will legit cause player numbers to drop. Force me to sit through a terrible match? Sorry, no. I'll suicide on the hook, or I'll just put the controller down as killer and go read my book. Either way, I'm either screwing my teammates, or waiting around for a better match.
If someone doesn't want to play a round becuase its going to crappy, they shouldn't need to. Its a symptom, not the disease. The disease is how frequent it is that rounds simply aren't fun for one side or another, for many different reasons.
Aside from what was already mentioned (people getting punished for crashes), there are still instances in the game where you HAVE to DC.
Bugs for example, someone got stuck into the hooking animation. The only way out of it (and for the game to end) is a DC of either the Killer or the stuck Survivor. I dont want to get punished for a Bug that happened. And I am pretty sure, nobody wants that.
And Bugs happen way too often for such a system to be implemented.
Furthermore, the DC Punishment does not really work as intended anyway. You can still suicide on Hook to ruin other players experience. Or go afk, facing a Corner, when you spawn on a Map you dont like as Killer. And yeah, you can report AFKing, but it will take a while until those Reports are having any impact. And regarding Hook Suicides... You simply cannot punish those at all.
The problem is the game was handing out DC punishments for people who didn't even load into the game. For example, I was playing killer and a survivor got disconnected before the match even started... I received a 5 minute timeout...
I was playing a game with a group of friends, His game crashed during the loading screen, he ended the task and we all recieved a 10 minute timeout.
You can't punish people for the game crashing, its not our fault their game is not greatly optimized, no game is. The punishment should only exist, if the player specifically hits the "Leave Game" option.
The problem then is all people are going to do is, "End Task" or "Pull their Ethernet Cord". It's not an easy problem to solve.
But they can't punish players when their game legit crashes, its unfair to the player, they also can't punish all players in a lobby when one person's game crashes. As I said before, I got a timeout because a survivor got disconnected while loading into the game. How is that fair to me?
EDIT: you do know that the DC punishment triggers after one crash and we have little to no information how long you have to not crash again for that strike to not count against you anymore. For example, I ended up getting disconnected 4 times during that period. 1st I was killer and a survivor Disconnected, 2nd was my friends game crashed. 3rd Was my game crashed, and the 4th was a DC on my part because the killer just trapped me in a corner and wouldn't go anywhere.
odd, no discription I ever read of the DC punishment system spoke of instant punishment on a first offense.
The idea was always (logically) to punish frequent offenders.
odd, no discription I ever read of the DC punishment system spoke of instant punishment on a first offense.
The idea was always (logically) to punish frequent offenders.
Yeah, they need to fix some of the issues with the system counting you as DC'ing when it was a system fault.
I also personally believe they should increase the DC's beforing being punished to 3, kinda a three strike rule. After the 3rd DC you get a timeout for 5 minutes with it increasing with each future DC.
I also think the DC timer should reduce your count by 1 for every 24 hours you don't DC. Meaning if you DC'ed twice and then Don't DC for 24 hours you would be marked as having 1 DC instead of 2, and another 24 hours without DC'ing you would be back down to 0.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They realized after the fuckery they did with Ruin that there would be literally zero killers in the game for hours at a time after all the DC's, so they decided not to implement it. XD
It just kind of happened, and then never came back. Without even a mention.
It had a lot of bugs and was banning people who didn't even DC.
They can't implement a system like that without resolving those bugs.
It was anounced as being just a test. They haven't released any further information regarding that yet.
Killers and survivors were saying it affected them if the game crashed. So they took it off until it doesn't effect game crashes.
Oh? never heard about that, where can I find this information?
while I know you are just sharing info and not starting an argument, I do want to respond to such a statement with:
If your game crashes that often that the DC violation system triggers....then maybe you should fix that instead of attempting to playing the game at all right?
Crashing that much. that often, something is up with their PC at that point.
The problem is the game was handing out DC punishments for people who didn't even load into the game. For example, I was playing killer and a survivor got disconnected before the match even started... I received a 5 minute timeout...
I was playing a game with a group of friends, His game crashed during the loading screen, he ended the task and we all recieved a 10 minute timeout.
You can't punish people for the game crashing, its not our fault their game is not greatly optimized, no game is. The punishment should only exist, if the player specifically hits the "Leave Game" option.
The problem then is all people are going to do is, "End Task" or "Pull their Ethernet Cord". It's not an easy problem to solve.
But they can't punish players when their game legit crashes, its unfair to the player, they also can't punish all players in a lobby when one person's game crashes. As I said before, I got a timeout because a survivor got disconnected while loading into the game. How is that fair to me?
EDIT: you do know that the DC punishment triggers after one crash and we have little to no information how long you have to not crash again for that strike to not count against you anymore. For example, I ended up getting disconnected 4 times during that period. 1st I was killer and a survivor Disconnected, 2nd was my friends game crashed. 3rd Was my game crashed, and the 4th was a DC on my part because the killer just trapped me in a corner and wouldn't go anywhere.
I see that, but that's what i had seen some people say once the dc ban was implemented. Also the bugs that mouse had mentioned.
The issue wasn't just someones game crashing as I agree it gives them time to try and sort it but the game itself timing people out for such simple things as the lobby connection error or the game not loading in due to a server issue.
If it punishes for anything at all that is not the users fault and the game itself then it isnt ready to be released imo.
It's not a priority
DC punishment is in full effect! Use it to punish toxic survivors, since you can jump right into a new killer game, and they're waiting 20 minutes!
They should just give up on DC punishment, its pointless and will legit cause player numbers to drop. Force me to sit through a terrible match? Sorry, no. I'll suicide on the hook, or I'll just put the controller down as killer and go read my book. Either way, I'm either screwing my teammates, or waiting around for a better match.
If someone doesn't want to play a round becuase its going to crappy, they shouldn't need to. Its a symptom, not the disease. The disease is how frequent it is that rounds simply aren't fun for one side or another, for many different reasons.
It was only a test, indeed.
Aside from what was already mentioned (people getting punished for crashes), there are still instances in the game where you HAVE to DC.
Bugs for example, someone got stuck into the hooking animation. The only way out of it (and for the game to end) is a DC of either the Killer or the stuck Survivor. I dont want to get punished for a Bug that happened. And I am pretty sure, nobody wants that.
And Bugs happen way too often for such a system to be implemented.
Furthermore, the DC Punishment does not really work as intended anyway. You can still suicide on Hook to ruin other players experience. Or go afk, facing a Corner, when you spawn on a Map you dont like as Killer. And yeah, you can report AFKing, but it will take a while until those Reports are having any impact. And regarding Hook Suicides... You simply cannot punish those at all.
odd, no discription I ever read of the DC punishment system spoke of instant punishment on a first offense.
The idea was always (logically) to punish frequent offenders.
The first run of it was for testing purposes. We got information about how it performed, and are now considering how it will work on the full rollout.
You got punished instantly. First time DCing was 60 seconds worth of Time before you were able to search for a game. And it increases with every DC.
(I dont know how much, because I did not test it, I only crashed once during the Test)
Hopefully it'll be a lot more strict. Like 10 minutes out of the gate.
I miss the DC punishment system... Happiest 3 days of playing DbD I've had in a long time.
Yeah, they need to fix some of the issues with the system counting you as DC'ing when it was a system fault.
I also personally believe they should increase the DC's beforing being punished to 3, kinda a three strike rule. After the 3rd DC you get a timeout for 5 minutes with it increasing with each future DC.
I also think the DC timer should reduce your count by 1 for every 24 hours you don't DC. Meaning if you DC'ed twice and then Don't DC for 24 hours you would be marked as having 1 DC instead of 2, and another 24 hours without DC'ing you would be back down to 0.