This latest patch completely swerved my expectations

I thought this patch was going to be literal cancer for killer but little did I expect this...

Currently I play in red ranks for killer and my matches have literally been quite amazing even on bigger more survivor favored maps, and with ruin gone it has really opened up for trying out new things, to sum most of it up i've found myself preforming much better now that ruin is no longer picking up my slack for lack of pressure... and the new doc... well, he completely turned my head around with how AMAZING he is.

His anti loop is muuuuch more viable now, he has great map presence with his new ability and can spread his madness so much more efficiently now. I personally run Thanta, Overcharge, Distressing, and Unnerving Presence on him with purple calm addon and iri king, this combo leads to some massive map pressure and slowdown which I am loving.

The new map is amazingly done and looks and sounds great, frames are solid with all killers as far as I can tell with at times a few minor drops.

Generally this patch has been very positive so far with the list of games I have played today and I honestly want to give props to behavior because they kept at it with their gut despite community backlash, sure there are still some busted survivor things that need ironing out to really get balance going for those extreme cases of 4 man swf genrushers but overall gameplay against most teams in red ranks for me has shown a very strong viability now for a lot of killers without ruin acting as a crutch.

Nice Job BHVR for an awesome patch, and sorry for all of the negative backlash the community has been giving you guys, the game really is balancing out quite well despite what all the scrubs on the forums have to complain about now that their almighty carry perk is gone.

EDIT: The main menu lunar year music is DOOOOOOOOPE ASF, vibe to it all night! *Demo screech*

Comments

  • Just wanting a dev to see this :)

  • Doctor has been a ton of fun. I hope they don’t touch Shock Therapy anymore because it’s exactly what I was hoping for.

  • I'm thoroughly convinced that any and everyone still complaining about the overall update haven't played it yet. It's been fantastic so far!

  • Great queue time, reduced to less than 3 mins for both killer and survivors red ranks

    Doc is fun AH to play as and against

    New map is hard to know, I need to play it more. Looks amazing BTW.

    The event is not an event...

  • I stopped playing him because he was boring to play against, but I bought his Plague doctor skin, I grinded levels and all for him to get him a lot of add ons and perks cause I figure this would be like the Freddy update, non-fun Killer made fun.