So They Have Returned

When I first started playing Dead by Daylight, I used to DREAD facing a Hill Billy for many different reasons:

a. I didn't like how he could instantly down you, plus I wasn't good at juking or looping, which was inevitable death at the time

b. I didn't, and still don't, like how he can zoom across the map for ez map pressure

c. When Leather Face released, I honestly thought Hill Billy should have been removed for convenience

d. I faced him all the time, because he was the meta killer

e. He legitimatley scared me


Then The Spirit got released and I saw nothing but her. At least running into her 70% of the time I played. It wasn't fun. I see less of her, which is good for everyone, but where did all the Hill Billy's go? Did they all just main Spirit because she was better? But that made no sense because I kept seeing less and less of him even BEFORE Spirit got released!

And now they're back. I played about 10 matches today (long cue times) and got at least 6 Billies. I loved it, I guess. They were all good, too! Bloody and everything. I'm glad they're back, but WHY NOW? Did he get some shadow buff or something? I wanted to see you Billy mains when Spirit was taking over the leaderboard!

Comments

  • Billy is my favorite meta killer. Nurse isn't meta anymore right?

  • Nah, he's coming back because Ruin got gutted, and he's one of the few killers who can actually deal with it.

  • Well, Nurse and Spirit got significant nerfs. Billy is considered the best killer after them in their prime. Hopefully the nerf stick does not come for him next.

  • Aside from bugs, Spirit will probably always remain a top killer and a great killer against SWFs.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Billy is my favorite meta killer. Nurse isn't meta anymore right?

    no, she is still very good. Totally forgot about Nurse because even with her strength (before nerf) I haven't faced her nearly as much I've faced Billy.

  • @EZ5k said:

    Nah, he's coming back because Ruin got gutted, and he's one of the few killers who can actually deal with it.

    Aaaah, that's correct. completely forgot about that Ruin nerf. Well, can't wait to see more Billies, just like the old days!

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    Well, Nurse and Spirit got significant nerfs. Billy is considered the best killer after them in their prime. Hopefully the nerf stick does not come for him next.

    Nurse's nerf was not too bad, people still manage and I still think she's very good.

    Spirit honestly feels the same, just with a vault animation.

    I hope Billy doesn't get nerfed either. He actually requires more skill than I thought. His chainsaw is tough!

  • @Colton147 said:

    Aside from bugs, Spirit will probably always remain a top killer and a great killer against SWFs.

    Yeah, not to mention that one bug where Iron Will literally doesn't work at all!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010160#Comment_1010160

    I personally find him that he actually has quite the high skill cap. But he also has a very low skill floor.

    Being able to consistently flick around corners at the start of your chainsaw sprint can make a huge difference in potential than someone who doesn't know how to do it.

    Agreed.

  • Sometimes I look at the character select screen and he just makes the most sense. Especially if I was just battered with the Clown or something the previous game.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010119#Comment_1010119

    Yeah, not to mention that one bug where Iron Will literally doesn't work at all!

    That bug goes both ways. There's times where even survivors without iron will are silent.

  • I expect Billy will be looked at in the near future. I hope he doesn't get nerfed. He's pretty fun to play. But he has no iridescent add-ons, so I expect they will look at him for consistency.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    I expect Billy will be looked at in the near future. I hope he doesn't get nerfed. He's pretty fun to play. But he has no iridescent add-ons, so I expect they will look at him for consistency.

    I expect a billy nerf next then Freddy and ghostface and so on until every killer is on leatherface/clown teir level that’s how survivors want it. They want gens to be done in less than 5 mins and 4 escapes per match on average otherwise the games not fun

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    Well, Nurse and Spirit got significant nerfs. Billy is considered the best killer after them in their prime. Hopefully the nerf stick does not come for him next.

    you know it will, this obsession with killer power cooldowns will hit him next. Miss a chainsaw, wait another 30 seconds before you can try again.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010118#Comment_1010118

    you know it will, this obsession with killer power cooldowns will hit him next. Miss a chainsaw, wait another 30 seconds before you can try again.

    Honestly, if they give him a cool down, as long as it isn't longer than 10 seconds, I don't really see it being that big of a deal. As long as they don't give him charges or a power time limit on his chainsaw.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    Well, Nurse and Spirit got significant nerfs. Billy is considered the best killer after them in their prime. Hopefully the nerf stick does not come for him next.

    Nurse true.

    Spirit got her stupid add ons changed, an unnecessary vault animation (I agree, it's dumb) and had collision removed which shouldn't have existed in the first place.

    She still does extremely well and is oppressive to play against