Why we enjoy Legion so much

https://youtu.be/6wVhK5qwueI


This guy explained very well why i enjoy playing Legion. The amount of pressure they can put out is insane. It always boggled my mind how people think they are the worst killer. Any other Legion mains that know how to get the potential out of this amazing killer?

Comments

  • -If you meet really good survivors, you will find the borders of the Legion.

    -I miss the old Legion. Not that pathetic construct that is running around now and trys to be a default m1 killer and the old Legion on the same time. But... I assume, this point will understand less and less people with the time, since more and more people have left the game that could remember (for a variety of reasons).

    -I don't think the Legion is the worst killer, but I think that a lot of the Legion was sacrificed on the "holly suvrs wanted it so" altar. And that is for me not a reason I am willing to accept.

  • A bit underrated? Sure. Actually amazing and really strong, don't really agree with that TBH. I too have been playing this character for a long time now and I can do somewhat well with them in most games, you however need to realise that against like actually really good survivors the Legion really doesnt have much of a power to speak off. Simply not healing removes most of their slowdown and turns them basically just into the Plague except that their power doesn't ignore iron will, disables medkits entirely or gives constant passive tracking due to objects getting infected. And in the off-chance that people do heal you wont get a super mode that can potentially insta win you the game, you just get a few extra seconds.

    The dude in the video says it himself, in order to win you need to mindgame a lot. Which would be less of an issue if you could do that at every loop, but you can't. Legion lacks chase utility, the only thing they can do is body block(which depending on the addons you're running sits between being below average or terrrible) or they can hope people screw up and blind them at pallets meaning that they rely more on missplays than anything. This is their biggest issue IMO, they rely too much on survivor mistakes and lack play making potential of their own(Something that would be easily fixed if they actually had a power or even secondary ability that could be used in chase but I dont think this is supposed to be a balance discussion so I'll keep it at that).

  • See survivor, get a free hit, then you need 1 M1 for a down.

    Pretty faceroll character, always has been.

    If you struggle for an M1 then you need to get better at the game, simply put.

  • @FreddysMixTape said:

    A bit underrated? Sure. Actually amazing and really strong, don't really agree with that TBH. I too have been playing this character for a long time now and I can do somewhat well with them in most games, you however need to realise that against like actually really good survivors the Legion really doesnt have much of a power to speak off. Simply not healing removes most of their slowdown and turns them basically just into the Plague except that their power doesn't ignore iron will, disables medkits entirely or gives constant passive tracking due to objects getting infected. And in the off-chance that people do heal you wont get a super mode that can potentially insta win you the game, you just get a few extra seconds.

    The dude in the video says it himself, in order to win you need to mindgame a lot. Which would be less of an issue if you could do that at every loop, but you can't. Legion lacks chase utility, the only thing they can do is body block(which depending on the addons you're running sits between being below average or terrrible) or they can hope people screw up and blind them at pallets meaning that they rely more on missplays than anything. This is their biggest issue IMO, they rely too much on survivor mistakes and lack play making potential of their own(Something that would be easily fixed if they actually had a power or even secondary ability that could be used in chase but I dont think this is supposed to be a balance discussion so I'll keep it at that).

    I mean they are no nurse, that's not really what i'm trying to say. But a solid mid tier killer

    Against the avarage survivor you have all the tools needed to win

    For me having to only outplay survivors once is all the chase power i need

  • This is what I’ve always said. He may be an M1 killer but he gets his first hit for free. He literally only has to do half the job of other M1 killers so with that alone he’s at least mid-tier. Reddit is just full of edgy Legion fans who think hes far below everyone else but thats just salt at the changes I think.

    It’s also why I hate playing against Legion. He gets his first hit for free with very little if any counterplay other than spinning around and praying he misses. Then you need to heal to full and over the course of a game this just means holding M1 more or having other people hold M1 more. It’s dull.

    Plague injures for free but you get given the option of a 5 second heal there so its not so bad. In return she gets a new power, so there’s an interesting gameplay loop with Plague that Legion doesn’t have. I feel like with Plague they learned well from the Legion mistake.

  • @Talmeer said:

    -If you meet really good survivors, you will find the borders of the Legion.

    -I miss the old Legion. Not that pathetic construct that is running around now and trys to be a default m1 killer and the old Legion on the same time. But... I assume, this point will understand less and less people with the time, since more and more people have left the game that could remember (for a variety of reasons).

    -I don't think the Legion is the worst killer, but I think that a lot of the Legion was sacrificed on the "holly suvrs wanted it so" altar. And that is for me not a reason I am willing to accept.

    That pretty much applies to every not top tier killer really. As always dumb survivors = Killer ego through the roof. I don't blame them though, My Oni felt like a God for a while until I encountered that optimal survivor team lol

  • @GaunterODimm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003216#Comment_1003216

    That pretty much applies to every not top tier killer really. As always dumb survivors = Killer ego through the roof. I don't blame them though, My Oni felt like a God for a while until I encountered that optimal survivor team lol

    Yes, you are right. A lot of killers have this problem.

    But this shows also the unbalance of the game.

    If you put the top X (insert random name for your killer here) killer and player together with the top survivor players and one side can totally outplay the other side, to the point where you can go just afk - then is something very wrong.

    And with that I don't want to say that I am a top killer. Imo, I am somewhere in the middle, but you read those storys a lot from other people and see them sometimes also by streamers (not that that happen very often - I am sometimes jealous on some streames for the survivors they are getting matched with, but sometimes they also meet them, even if it happen not very often).

    Edit: Gaunter did you also already looking forward for Cyberpunk 2077? :). Can't wait for april...

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003289#Comment_1003289

    I mean they are no nurse, that's not really what i'm trying to say. But a solid mid tier killer

    Against the avarage survivor you have all the tools needed to win

    For me having to only outplay survivors once is all the chase power i need

    Against average survivors for sure, but I was more trying to say that they heavily fall off against the like really good players.

    Personally I think they are low tier, though I feel people usually have this misconception where "low tier" is usually instantly connected with "impossible to win with" or "only bad players lose to this". I dont think thats the case personally, I just think that a lot of killers are better than the Legion in their current state. I think you can definitely win with them, infact I think we reached a point where you can win with all killers against most survivors if the map doesn't happen to be like... haddonfield with 5 hyper long fences.

  • @Talmeer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003393#Comment_1003393

    Yes, you are right. A lot of killers have this problem.

    But this shows also the unbalance of the game.

    If you put the top X (insert random name for your killer here) killer and player together with the top survivor players and one side can totally outplay the other side, to the point where you can go just afk - then is something very wrong.

    And with that I don't want to say that I am a top killer. Imo, I am somewhere in the middle, but you read those storys a lot from other people and see them sometimes also by streamers (not that that happen very often - I am sometimes jealous on some streames for the survivors they are getting matched with, but sometimes they also meet them, even if it happen not very often).

    Edit: Gaunter did you also already looking forward for Cyberpunk 2077? :). Can't wait for april...

    Yeah balance is pretty wonky in this game which also includes Maps that no mobility killers can't do anything against plus God windows and is gonna get even highlighted more once Ruin nerf drops. I know I'm gonna bring a toolbox every match now lol

    Not really that hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 then again I haven't taken a real good look on the game. All my knowledge from is that trailer from nearly a decade ago and I guess bits and pieces of what I've seen from the Gameplay a year ago.

    Though maybe I'll get it since I want to support Projekt red for Witcher 3 for being such an awesome ride.