Keys, Moris,you know the drill

I know what you are thinking "another forum that complains about keys and moris great" but,well maybe true,but I'm trying to be as fair as possible.

Keys are "escape from prison" cards for dbd. The raw element of the ability to completely escape of a match AND having aura reading abilities makes it completely unbalanced. My suggestion is to keep the reading abilities and make a key add-on that allows you to escape through the hatch with an animation,containing skillchecks. That way,not only you won't find free escapes free that easily,but will make it fair since ultra rares change the game.

Moris,the one raw offering that completely change the game. What you have to do is to hook a survivor in order to Mori them (red/green) completely unbalanced. My opinion,make them able to activate at a certain point of the match,like when there are 2/3 survivors left,in order not to have such early deaths

How about you guys? Do you believe they are unbalanced? Do you agree with my suggestions? If not,what are yours? Let me know down below!!!!

Comments

  • @Daddy_Ding_Dong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994349#Comment_994349

    No, you've pretty much been doing the same thing he has. You're both as bad as one another. You're asking him (or her?) to prove something they never said they had proof of.

    You show too much sense.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994352#Comment_994352

    You edited this into a reply several posts in after claiming that you were basing this on "reality" and "common knowledge." I don't believe it was unreasonable to ask you to provide support to your claim before you edited in that it was based on your experience.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994353#Comment_994353

    I was asking them to substantiate a claim that they argued was common knowledge. Hardly unreasonable IMO.

    It absolutely is unreasonable. You're more or less choosing to ignore the data that can be easily obtained yourself in order to stand on your pseudo soap box. I can fully back you up that he's handling himself the wrong way, but you're on no intellectual high ground here. You're literally just as bad. The argument your making goes against what red rank survivors see.

    He's right in that if a mori offering or two every 10-20 games is "too much", then it sounds like a personal problem.

    I'm not siding with you. I merely have the same experience. As do most survivors at red ranks.

  • @Daddy_Ding_Dong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994359#Comment_994359

    It absolutely is unreasonable. You're more or less choosing to ignore the data that can be easily obtained yourself in order to stand on your pseudo soap box. I can fully back you up that he's handling himself the wrong way, but you're on no intellectual high ground here. You're literally just as bad. The argument your making goes against what red rank survivors see.

    He's right in that if a mori offering or two every 10-20 games is "too much", then it sounds like a personal problem.

    fair enough I suppose

  • @Daddy_Ding_Dong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994359#Comment_994359

    It absolutely is unreasonable. You're more or less choosing to ignore the data that can be easily obtained yourself in order to stand on your pseudo soap box. I can fully back you up that he's handling himself the wrong way, but you're on no intellectual high ground here. You're literally just as bad. The argument your making goes against what red rank survivors see.

    He's right in that if a mori offering or two every 10-20 games is "too much", then it sounds like a personal problem.

    You're more or less choosing to ignore the data that can be easily obtained yourself

    What you are describing right here is straight-up a logical fallacy known as "shifting the burden of proof," where the person making a claim (I should clarify that you are not the person in question) is trying to move the burden of providing evidence to the person asking for said claim to be supported rather than the person making the claim in the first place.

    I am not taking a stance on whether or not Moris are too common or not (particularly at higher ranks), as I do not even have enough personal experience as a Survivor to make such a stance.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994364#Comment_994364

    You're more or less choosing to ignore the data that can be easily obtained yourself

    What you are describing right here is straight-up a logical fallacy known as "shifting the burden of proof," where the person making a claim is trying to move the burden of providing evidence to the person asking for said claim to be supported rather than the person making the claim in the first place.

    I am not taking a stance on whether or not Moris are too common or not (particularly at higher ranks), as I do not even have enough personal experience as a Survivor to make such a stance.

    That would be valid - if - the data wasn't readily available to you. Which it is.

    And you did take a stance on it. You said, in your own words "I think they are too common"; now you're saying you don't have a stance, and even emphasized that at high ranks, you don't know. This leads me to believe that through his..."words", he may have been right in that you don't actually know what you're talking about when it comes to red rank game play in survivor. So maybe this is a debate you shouldn't have gotten into if you don't have the experience to back it up. How can you think they are too common, and then admit to not having experience? You threw the debate right there, man.

    You can only use the "burden of proof" shtick when you actually have conflicting experience to disagree with it. Since you admittedly don't have that experience, you have no right to be calling him out on it. No matter how flawed his argumentative and obviously biased standpoint was.

    Have a good one, dude

  • @Daddy_Ding_Dong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994377#Comment_994377

    That would be valid - if - the data wasn't readily available to you. Which it is.

    And you did take a stance on it. You said, in your own words "I think they are too common"; now you're saying you don't have a stance, and even emphasized that at high ranks, you don't know. This leads me to believe that through his..."words", he may have been right in that you don't actually know what you're talking about when it comes to red rank game play in survivor. So maybe this is a debate you shouldn't have gotten into if you don't have the experience to back it up. How can you think they are too common, and then admit to not having experience? You threw the debate right there, man.

    You can only use the "burden of proof" shtick when you actually have conflicting experience to disagree with it. Since you admittedly don't have that experience, you have no right to be calling him out on it. No matter how flawed his argumentative and obviously biased standpoint was.

    Have a good one, dude

    That would be valid - if - the data wasn't readily available to you. Which it is.

    That's...not how it works. The purpose of the concept of burden of proof is that it lies on the person making the claim to demonstrate their point and not on other people to disprove it.

    And you did take a stance on it. You said, in your own words "I think they are too common"

    Pardon me? I just CTRL+F'd this exact phrase, and nowhere does it show up on any of the posts I have made on this thread.

  • @Daddy_Ding_Dong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994377#Comment_994377

    That would be valid - if - the data wasn't readily available to you. Which it is.

    And you did take a stance on it. You said, in your own words "I think they are too common"; now you're saying you don't have a stance, and even emphasized that at high ranks, you don't know. This leads me to believe that through his..."words", he may have been right in that you don't actually know what you're talking about when it comes to red rank game play in survivor. So maybe this is a debate you shouldn't have gotten into if you don't have the experience to back it up. How can you think they are too common, and then admit to not having experience? You threw the debate right there, man.

    You can only use the "burden of proof" shtick when you actually have conflicting experience to disagree with it. Since you admittedly don't have that experience, you have no right to be calling him out on it. No matter how flawed his argumentative and obviously biased standpoint was.

    Have a good one, dude

    OOF. You can bet he's writing a big TL;DR to comeback to that one.

    But yeah, if you admit to not having the experience, you really have no right to contest someone who does.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994388#Comment_994388

    That would be valid - if - the data wasn't readily available to you. Which it is.

    That's...not how it works. The purpose of the concept of burden of proof is that it lies on the person making the claim to demonstrate their point and not on other people to disprove it.

    And you did take a stance on it. You said, in your own words "I think they are too common"

    Pardon me? I just CTRL+F'd this exact phrase, and nowhere does it show up on any of the posts I have made on this thread.

    You may be right, there. I may have misread. In any case - admitting to not having experience, you don't get to demand proof from anyone on something you have no ground to speak on. So just chill, man.

  • @Daddy_Ding_Dong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994395#Comment_994395

    You may be right, there. I may have misread. In any case - admitting to not having experience, you don't get to demand proof from anyone on something you have no ground to speak on. So just chill, man.

    The whole point of "burden of proof" is that someone is not obligated to provide evidence proving that a claim made by someone else is false (unless the first someone is actively claiming that it is false, then the burden is indeed on them to demonstrate that). The whole point is that someone making a claim needs to demonstrate that the claim they are making is true for such a claim to be reasonably accepted. Not doing so does not make their claim wrong, merely unsubstantiated.

    Personal experience falls under another logical fallacy known as "anecdotal evidence." That by itself does not necessarily make a claim true because it is entirely possible that someone else may have personal experiences that contradict said anecdotal evidence.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994398#Comment_994398

    The whole point of "burden of proof" is that someone is not obligated to provide evidence proving that a claim made by someone else is false (unless the first someone is actively claiming that it is false, then the burden is indeed on them to demonstrate that). The whole point is that someone making a claim needs to demonstrate that the claim they are making is true for such a claim to be reasonably accepted. Not doing so does not make their claim wrong, merely unsubstantiated.

    Personal experience falls under another logical fallacy known as "anecdotal evidence." That by itself does not necessarily make a claim true because it is entirely possible that someone else may have personal experiences that contradict said anecdotal evidence.

    Again - without the experience, which you freely admit, you are in no position to be in opposition of anything. So, just chill man. Take a knee.

  • @Daddy_Ding_Dong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994404#Comment_994404

    Again - without the experience, which you freely admit, you are in no position to be in opposition of anything. So, just chill man. Take a knee.

    I am asking that the person shows stuff to support their claim. It does not make sense to say that someone can't do such a thing if they don't have a similar level of experience. If a seasoned sailor says "I've found the Loch Ness Monster", and random yacht owner says "Show us the evidence that this is true," is the yacht owner not in a position to say such a thing because they do not have the experience of the seasoned sailor to make their own judgement call?

    Me not being in a position to offer my own belief on the frequency of Moris in high ranks does not make the claim that the other person is making on the matter not unsubstantiated. It is completely within reason to question the validity of the claim if there is nothing shown to actually support it, regardless of how much experience I may have. Again, it is not declaring that the claim is WRONG. Just that the claim has not been backed up by evidence.

  • Like an energizer battery, this guy. Dude, you need to pipe down and realize when you backed yourself into a corner. You admit to having inadequate experience in that which you are arguing. That's really where your high ground ends. With a big steep cliff edge.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    Like an energizer battery, this guy. Dude, you need to pipe down and realize when you backed yourself into a corner. You admit to having inadequate experience in that which you are arguing. That's really where your high ground ends. With a big steep cliff edge.

    I wouldn't put it exactly like that, but yeah. Pretty much. Just go on about your day, he threw the debate. Also, be less aggressive. It didn't make you look any better.

  • @Colton147 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993681#Comment_993681

    Borrowed Time is also fine; it can be avoided by leaving the hooked survivor outside your terror radius (or play a champion that can lack a terror radius, such as Myers, Ghostface, Wraith, and Piggy).

    You confused lol with dbd. We have killers not champions :3

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    Like an energizer battery, this guy. Dude, you need to pipe down and realize when you backed yourself into a corner. You admit to having inadequate experience in that which you are arguing. That's really where your high ground ends. With a big steep cliff edge.

    Arguing what, though? Not that you are wrong. Only that you haven't put forth evidence to your claim. Something that you yourself have actually agreed with because you are saying that you do not have to bring forth proof because what you are saying is just based on personal experience.

    @Daddy_Ding_Dong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994432#Comment_994432

    I wouldn't put it exactly like that, but yeah. Pretty much. Just go on about your day, he threw the debate. Also, be less aggressive. It didn't make you look any better.

    Am I wrong in claiming that the other person has not put forth evidence in substantiating their claim? I should point out that I am not saying whether this person is right or wrong. Only pointing out that they have not put forth any evidence to support their argument (what they HAVE said is something to the lines of "this is based on my personal experiences," which itself is its own form of logical fallacy).

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993843#Comment_993843

    You confused lol with dbd. We have killers not champions :3

    Close enough. 😎


    I left League a few months ago, so I may mistake a few things as champions.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994408#Comment_994408

    I am asking that the person shows stuff to support their claim. It does not make sense to say that someone can't do such a thing if they don't have a similar level of experience. If a seasoned sailor says "I've found the Loch Ness Monster", and random yacht owner says "Show us the evidence that this is true," is the yacht owner not in a position to say such a thing because they do not have the experience of the seasoned sailor to make their own judgement call?

    Me not being in a position to offer my own belief on the frequency of Moris in high ranks does not make the claim that the other person is making on the matter not unsubstantiated. It is completely within reason to question the validity of the claim if there is nothing shown to actually support it, regardless of how much experience I may have. Again, it is not declaring that the claim is WRONG. Just that the claim has not been backed up by evidence.

    @The_Second_Coming said:

    Like an energizer battery, this guy. Dude, you need to pipe down and realize when you backed yourself into a corner. You admit to having inadequate experience in that which you are arguing. That's really where your high ground ends. With a big steep cliff edge.

    Ok both of you stop. You are literally ruining everything with your argument. Imo u agree with @The_Second_Coming

    As a purple rank killer,I rarely ever use a Mori,more often I use them for the dailies. They are not that common to use. Now both stop arguing. If you want to,then direct message each other in a private chat

    Thank you.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994425#Comment_994425

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994432#Comment_994432

    Ok both of you stop. You are literally ruining everything with your argument. Imo u agree with @The_Second_Coming

    As a purple rank killer,I rarely ever use a Mori,more often I use them for the dailies. They are not that common to use. Now both stop arguing. If you want to,then direct message each other in a private chat

    Thank you.

    I mean, if you want to believe the other person, go right ahead. I cannot say for myself whether they are right or wrong.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994465#Comment_994465

    I mean, if you want to believe the other person, go right ahead. I cannot say for myself whether they are right or wrong.

    Yeah but you guys literally ruin the point of this forum

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I know what you are thinking "another forum that complains about keys and moris great" but,well maybe true,but I'm trying to be as fair as possible.

    Keys are "escape from prison" cards for dbd. The raw element of the ability to completely escape of a match AND having aura reading abilities makes it completely unbalanced. My suggestion is to keep the reading abilities and make a key add-on that allows you to escape through the hatch with an animation,containing skillchecks. That way,not only you won't find free escapes free that easily,but will make it fair since ultra rares change the game.

    Moris,the one raw offering that completely change the game. What you have to do is to hook a survivor in order to Mori them (red/green) completely unbalanced. My opinion,make them able to activate at a certain point of the match,like when there are 2/3 survivors left,in order not to have such early deaths

    How about you guys? Do you believe they are unbalanced? Do you agree with my suggestions? If not,what are yours? Let me know down below!!!!

    I don't think keys are all that unbalanced or that they should even be compared to moris. For moris all you have to do is hook survivors once to win but for keys for even 2 people to escape you have to complete 3 gens , have 2 teammates die, then you have to search the map for your escape and the more people you want to escape the harder it is.

  • It severely bothers me that you don't put a space after a comma

  • @PerskuleBenener said:

    It severely bothers me that you don't put a space after a comma

    Dyslexia,don't judge m8

1 2 ›