Sprint burst=phantom saw?

I noticed this the last few days. Billy suffers alot from what ppl call "phantom saw" in that he will swing the stop charging and swing the saw as if hes gonna hit someone but doesnt... Its quite annoying knowing the chase should be over already.

Anyways, I've noticed its pretty much guaranteed "phantom saw" if I try sawing someone mid sprint burst/lithe/balanced landing. Even though Billy moves at 230% speed while chainsaw sprinting and SHOULD be able to catch a survivor moving at 150% speed during their speed boost...the hit wont connect. Anyone else notice this? Thoughts?

Comments

  • Yeah leather face suffers from the same symptoms, they should add a hit box to the end

  • Is this kinda like when the Pig ambushes and manages to connect, but it doesn't actually connect and just misses anyways?

  • @TAG said:

    Is this kinda like when the Pig ambushes and manages to connect, but it doesn't actually connect and just misses anyways?

    Billy will either swing his saw when you let go of the button, or hit a survivor. When he does the "phantom swing" however, he stops charging and swings the saw, even if your still holding the button and no dmg gets done.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/993455#Comment_993455

    Billy will either swing his saw when you let go of the button, or hit a survivor. When he does the "phantom swing" however, he stops charging and swings the saw, even if your still holding the button and no dmg gets done.

    I've seen that happen before with Pig. You catch someone with the Ambush right when you start dashing, swing because you touched them, but no damage.

  • I hate false saws. I get 1 or 2 every game I play

  • @LordGlint said:

    I noticed this the last few days. Billy suffers alot from what ppl call "phantom saw" in that he will swing the stop charging and swing the saw as if hes gonna hit someone but doesnt... Its quite annoying knowing the chase should be over already.

    Anyways, I've noticed its pretty much guaranteed "phantom saw" if I try sawing someone mid sprint burst/lithe/balanced landing. Even though Billy moves at 230% speed while chainsaw sprinting and SHOULD be able to catch a survivor moving at 150% speed during their speed boost...the hit wont connect. Anyone else notice this? Thoughts?

    It's been like this ever since I can remember, unfortunately. Better to just wait out the speed boost. My theory is that it takes a split second for the game to register the hit, you wouldn't notice this delay when the survivor is moving at normal speed, but during a sprint burst they actually run ahead of the hitbox by the time the hit registers

  • @LordGlint said:

    I noticed this the last few days. Billy suffers alot from what ppl call "phantom saw" in that he will swing the stop charging and swing the saw as if hes gonna hit someone but doesnt... Its quite annoying knowing the chase should be over already.

    Anyways, I've noticed its pretty much guaranteed "phantom saw" if I try sawing someone mid sprint burst/lithe/balanced landing. Even though Billy moves at 230% speed while chainsaw sprinting and SHOULD be able to catch a survivor moving at 150% speed during their speed boost...the hit wont connect. Anyone else notice this? Thoughts?

    What @Accullla said,exhaustion perks always cancelled his saw for no reason

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120190/sprint-burst-phantom-saw

    It's been like this ever since I can remember, unfortunately. Better to just wait out the speed boost. My theory is that it takes a split second for the game to register the hit, you wouldn't notice this delay when the survivor is moving at normal speed, but during a sprint burst they actually run ahead of the hitbox by the time the hit registers

    @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120190/sprint-burst-phantom-saw

    What @Accullla said,exhaustion perks always cancelled his saw for no reason

    Thats dumb...

    Anyway to fix this @Peanits ?

  • That sometimes even happen to me without sprintburst, just a regular hit that get phantomsawed... I lost alot of chases and kills because of that. Thats why I just play billy now for dailys or when I am bored just 1 game. Its really annoying and that bug exists for ######### years.

    But lets nerf ruin! We have some prioraties right? ;)

    Same goes to spirit and wraith lunge bugs and sound bugs where survivors dont moan or have no footstebs or are silent while they are slugged.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    That sometimes even happen to me without sprintburst, just a regular hit that get phantomsawed... I lost alot of chases and kills because of that. Thats why I just play billy now for dailys or when I am bored just 1 game. Its really annoying and that bug exists for ######### years.

    But lets nerf ruin! We have some prioraties right? ;)

    Same goes to spirit and wraith lunge bugs and sound bugs where survivors dont moan or have no footstebs or are silent while they are slugged.

    Those lunge bugs are actually getting addressed with the next update.

  • @LordGlint

    They should get addressed in this midchapter... thats what the devs told us in the livestream. But in the PTB nothing changes, soundbugs and lunge buggs are both still there.

  • Do the regular exhaustion perks have iFrames? When I read Sprint Burst, I don’t attempt to attack at all.

    Just like Dead Hard.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Do the regular exhaustion perks have iFrames? When I read Sprint Burst, I don’t attempt to attack at all.

    Just like Dead Hard.

    They dont, which is why you can still hit someone with a hatchet for example.

  • @TAG said:

    Is this kinda like when the Pig ambushes and manages to connect, but it doesn't actually connect and just misses anyways?

    That's the worst with Dead Hard, because you CAN continue to ambush through it, but since dedicated servers it just whiffs the hit and breaks your ambush for you.