Are there no red rank killers?

Im beginning to think there are little to no red rank killers (on console anyway) i am currently rank 7-6 an EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH is against 4 rank 2-1s. I'm not even exagerrating.

I get there is a 6 rank buffer but the gulf in skill between a rank 6 surv and a rank 1 surv is massive, let alone dealing with 4 of them.

People may tell me to just get gud but the ######### is tough man, when 1 surv can run you for 3 gens and the other 3 are just as good its not fun

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991503#Comment_991503

    It's 2020, you should keep up with the times if you think ranking up is "easy on both sides". I've been playing killer since I started and with the new changes I played Survivor for 2 days and got to red ranks...

    And I got rank 1 as killer a week and a half after installing the game so what's the point

  • @MegHasCuteFeet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991503#Comment_991503

    Why would the matchmaking match me with rank 10s 3/4 of the time in red ranks?

    Im very sure there are just no red rank killers, because red ranks suck for killers.

    It happens on both sides because matchmaking is messed up right now.

    Red ranks have sucked for killers for literal years (once every 10 games), that's not it chief

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991503#Comment_991503

    It's 2020, you should keep up with the times if you think ranking up is "easy on both sides". I've been playing killer since I started and with the new changes I played Survivor for 2 days and got to red ranks...

    I also had not played killer for months and dropped to 15 then came back a week ago and got rank 1 in 2 days

    I too can tell personal stories and pretend they're evidence

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991694#Comment_991694

    And I feel like people would have no reason to quit now. Sure, if we see a player dip after the Ruin changes that's reasonable. But if anything I see people playing more now before Ruin gets actually changed.

    Killer has always been hard. No reason to quit now over anytime before, when MoM was a thing for example. I would be way more tempted to quit back then with that busted perk than now.

    On top of what you are saying which i agree with the matchmaking has created an swf issue with more being matched into red ranks we also need to look at when this first started.

    It was not long after the challenges came into place that the queue times got longer ao that could maybe also account for an imbalance. Now it's quite safe to assume the true mains don't play much of the other side so anyone switching over becomes low rank.

    This makes low ranked killer queues longer and low ranked survivor quicker in theory.

    Looking at it if 100 killers moved over it affects 100 high rank matches.

    If 100 survivors move over it only affects 25 high rank matches.

    Just another thought as the last time the devs specifically stated it was a lack of survivors and adjusted the pip system while this time they said it was initially due to the matchmaking.

    That's not to say there isn't a shortage as it can create one but as you say logically there are other factors to make it that way other than a few forum people saying they will stop playing a role.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991705#Comment_991705

    On top of what you are saying which i agree with the matchmaking has created an swf issue with more being matched into red ranks we also need to look at when this first started.

    It was not long after the challenges came into place that the queue times got longer ao that could maybe also account for an imbalance. Now it's quite safe to assume the true mains don't play much of the other side so anyone switching over becomes low rank.

    This makes low ranked killer queues longer and low ranked survivor quicker in theory.

    Looking at it if 100 killers moved over it affects 100 high rank matches.

    If 100 survivors move over it only affects 25 high rank matches.

    Just another thought as the last time the devs specifically stated it was a lack of survivors and adjusted the pip system while this time they said it was initially due to the matchmaking.

    That's not to say there isn't a shortage as it can create one but as you say logically there are other factors to make it that way other than a few forum people saying they will stop playing a role.

    Yeah I had totally forgot about the requirement changes.

    I do feel like without Ruin, the devs had an opportunity to keep Gatekeeper as is, and then make survivors requirements tougher. I feel like it's better for game health if the bulk of the playerbase is around purple and green ranks instead of red, so that more red rank matches have a high level. That gives us a better picture of balance imo.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991799#Comment_991799

    And I got rank 1 as killer a week and a half after installing the game so what's the point

    I know that's a lie, because mathematically you wouldn't be able to do that with the current emblem system.

    This is obviously a troll. Moving on.

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/991820#Comment_991820

    I know that's a lie, because mathematically you wouldn't be able to do that with the current emblem system.

    This is obviously a troll. Moving on.

    lol ok then

    Believe what you want. I know what I did.

1 2 ›