Why don’t people who hate the game so much just quit?

Like it’s one complaint after another and while I agree the game has some issues that need looking into, I don’t get why so many people refuse to just quit playing despite all the complaints they make.


Ive seen several posts about going on a killer strike, trying to ruin the fun of survivors by using moris or op builds, basically just throwing tantrums over the ruin nerf. Even before the ruin nerf there is non stop complaints and whining and I’m not just talking to killer mains


So my question is, if you hate the game so much and it’s causing you stress and anger, why do you keep playing it?


Nothing you say or do on here or even in the game is going to change anything. There is an average player base of 22k monthly with numbers up to 75k the game continues to grow and new players keep coming. So again, why do you keep playing if you hate so much about this game?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/990111#Comment_990111

    You missed the point buddy. But that’s okay. I’m saying you aren’t that special. If you leave game new killers will come. They always do. Killers on rank 20 today will be rank 1 before you know it.

    They will come, but after getting rolled, they will either switch to survivor or give up because the Killer side is a joke.

  • I am about too, I've been getting people who are way better at this game and have like 5000+ hours. I don't mind losing, but losing and not evening coming close to one kill? Over and over and over and over and over again?

    How is that fun? I doubt the survivors feel very accomplished you know they are just calling you names in their discord and laughing at how bad you are. You don't camp or tunnel they STILL insult you post game like you did, feeling so high and mighty....

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I am about too, I've been getting people who are way better at this game and have like 5000+ hours. I don't mind losing, but losing and not evening coming close to one kill? Over and over and over and over and over again?

    How is that fun? I doubt the survivors feel very accomplished you know they are just calling you names in their discord and laughing at how bad you are. You don't camp or tunnel they STILL insult you post game like you did, feeling so high and mighty....

    Don't worry about what other people might be thinking or saying. It'll drive you insane. Just veg out and play the game non-competitively, as it is an unbalanced mess at the moment. Losing all the time (especially badly) is frustrating, and if you feel it's starting to get to you, take a break. Try another game for a while. If it's really bad, just move on from this game. Even McCote would agree.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/992146#Comment_992146

    Don't worry about what other people might be thinking or saying. It'll drive you insane. Just veg out and play the game non-competitively, as it is an unbalanced mess at the moment. Losing all the time (especially badly) is frustrating, and if you feel it's starting to get to you, take a break. Try another game for a while. If it's really bad, just move on from this game. Even McCote would agree.

    I just lost 5 more games in a row entirely, didn't even come close all red rank survivors and all on that bedham map which is all the game plays on for some reason.

    I am literally sick to my stomach of this game and it's matchmaker, I think I am finally going to try and leave it and this game behind.

    Even when the ranks are "Fair" you have a red rank with 100 hours vs red ranks with thousands, and are way better than just red rank 1, if there were 5 ranks over they would be there, but the game just keeps boosting your rank if you so much as play the game even if you lose.

  • People complain because they love the game and want to see it get better. I don't think anyone would be here complaining if they truly hated the game.

  • I have a love hate relationship with this game. There’s so much I love about it, but also so much that pisses me off.

    That being said it’s my most played game by FAR, I’ve had a lot of fun times and made a lot of cool friends and I don’t see myself quitting anytime soon.

  • One of the most important aspects of any video games is FUN.

    If the game is boring or ######### enough, people will quit.

    Most of the time, people complain about changes of the game because they like the game. They want to keep playing this game but they found the changes unpleasant and frustrating.

    If the lack of Ruin killer games are gonna end up in tons of boring quick 4 escapes, yes killer mains will leave.

    For instance, I was a former Overwatch semi-pro player who spent thousands of hours in the game. The reason I left Overwatch is because of the double shield meta and the whole games become boring as fk.

    Now they haven’t left because they still like the game, they wanna play the game and wait to find out if the game is actually gonna be boring after these changes. They are complaining because yes it is very likely. But still they don’t wanna just leave and so complaining is their trying to stop the changes.

  • Survivals in red rank have problem with lack of killer players. And Ruin is not problem in red rank too.

    I think this game is so lucky, people try to give a lot of feedback.

    This game will be better, if they listen feedback and solve current problems.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWh3AxhMAGU


1 2 ›