Doctor's shock delay isn't a huge nerf as many consider.
Here some words of an random bypassing ex doc main.
I saw many ppl in twitter, youtuber videos of some youtubers and here talking about doc's delayed shock. I am not talking about the 3 sec cooldown, I agree that this should get reduced because its just annoying. When you shock, the survivor will just get shocked kinda 1 second later. Ppl think that this is bad and might cause doc to be even worse but the truth is that is a genius 500IQ move from the devs. I know how could I say something like that??
So the problem at the old doc was, with the shock mode you are slowed down plus the extra slowdown from charging your power. So if you shock a survivor with the old Doc you have to switch stances to hit them after a shock and that costs alot of distance to you cause of the missing movementspeed. Thats why you end up running another loop to catch up again and this will be a endless circle. With the new doc that stays at 4,6 M/s this problem is getting fixed KINDA, you still struggle at some loops but on most of the loops like autohaven car pallets are not a big deal to you anymore.
The delayed shock gives you the extra time to shock WAY earlier and THEN to catch up because you speed up after you got slowed down from the charging action faster.
So basicly what happens with the new doc shock: Shock charge=90% movementspeed --> 3 sec after charging and 1 sec shock delay survivor gets schocked --> your full movementspeed is already back and you can position yourself to get ready for a hit.
I hope my wording doesn't confuse that much and you guys understood kinda what I meant, if not feel free to ask. Last conclusion, new doc shock is not that bad and this MIGHT be not that bad as many ppl think. But I still agree that the 3 sec cooldown sucks and after you snap out you will go back to T1 is a HUGE nerf to doc to is stall potential and his addons. And the shock range is way to small still, the 10% buff is to low aswell.
Comments
@FriendlyGuerl
Agree, that has the exact same effect than this concept right now in the ptb. It feels clunky but same goes the nurse, I guess the devs like clunky gameplays. Atleast that seems like that.
Maybe Im missing something, so correct me if Im wrong. If you never chased Survivors in Treatment mode, and only changed to it while you were in shock-range, the fact that you were moving at 110% speed didnt matter, because you instantly changed to Punishment mode.
Which ends up being pretty much exactly the same as the current PTB Doc, if not still better than current PTB Doc because you moved faster while charging the shock and you could attack nearly instantly afterwards with very little difference from stance changing.
Erm, didn't they say they're fixing this?
The delay is a bug. As for the weapon,they will change the timer
@ASpazNamedSteve and @CLAUDETTEINABUSH
Almo said the schock is 1,25sec long, the 0,25 is a bug and that will be fixed.
@PigNRun
The switch modes slow you down aswell, the second you start to switch you will go to that movementspeed mode immidiatly. And with the old Doc you couldnt shock so early than with the new doc. That allows you to reach bigger loops faster after a shock.
Yes, it is a huge nerf
People going back to Madness 1 does seem a bit ridiculous, almost makes you not want to shock them to begin with lol. But I think the aura only shows up when they go up a madness tier, and snapping out now sets you back 2 tiers, so I think it's just a quality of life thing to give people more aura reads when they shock. Also the 1 second shock lag time has been a thing for quite some time. I've never complained about it myself, it just gives you more time to get a hit in. In fact without this 1 second delay, if they kept the 3 second cooldown then you wouldn't even be able to hit before they can interact again, which is just ridiculous and would literally break Doctor
I'm actually not completely against the delay. As you mentioned the 3 second cooldown or whatever is quite annoying though. My only wish is that they adjusted the audio and visual queues to make it line up better with the actual shock.