Should I buy Clown?

With The upcoming Ruin nerf, Clown will suck even more but his playstyle does look like fun. I'm in a dilemma should I buy Clown to test him out or should I just save my money?

Comments

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/983839#Comment_983839

    It does, I just think we've all become a bit too accustomed to Ruin, it's become everyone's comfort zone. I stopped using it a couple of months ago and there's really nothing to be scared of. You'll find it actually forces you to play better and think smarter.

    And yeah there are times where gens just fly like the wind but honestly if you think you played well and made very few mistakes, then you can't ask for much more from yourself. 4k'ing every game no matter what just isn't a thing that will happen.

    Play whoever you like and have fun! <3

    Exactly and is annoying not fun and boring

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'd say go for it. Corrupt Intervention is better than Ruin on Clown anyway. He has no mobility and a 32m terror radius, so having to patrol half the map at the start is better than potentially losing a totem right away plus patrolling the entire map.

    Yea he slow so the Hex be gone fast

  • If you're wanting to get him for his perks, absolutely. Pop is a great perk and bamboozle is pretty good


  • With the changes coming to RUIN, the Clowns speed is a definite hindrance, now in the right hands every Killer is viable, but in general the Clown has a very tough time of it.

    I'm a fan of the Clown, I like him, but I'd wait on him, unless of course you are looking to just get his perks and use them on a stronger Killer, then by all means pick him up.

  • He's got pgtw. Otherwise buy him if you like getting clowned on

  • @HellDescent said:

    He's got pgtw. Otherwise buy him if you like getting clowned on

    🤡🤡🤡🤡

  • @Outland said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/986829#Comment_986829

    With the changes coming to RUIN, the Clowns speed is a definite hindrance, now in the right hands every Killer is viable, but in general the Clown has a very tough time of it.

    I'm a fan of the Clown, I like him, but I'd wait on him, unless of course you are looking to just get his perks and use them on a stronger Killer, then by all means pick him up.

    I don't use him but he is good because I'm a wraith main and I play him because he fast. So ruin don't fit on all killers.

  • I like playing clown a lot, personally I use a build with PGTW, STBFL, and Rancor with a 4th spot being flexible depending on what I feel like doing. If you get good with him redhead's pinky is overpowering for most groups to deal with. Remember you don't always have to hit with the bottles, as most people will try to avoid them and you can funnel them into less favorable positions.

  • The problem with clown is he is a weaker Freddy. Freddy has the same slow down that clown has. Does not get punished when replenishing his ability. And can lay out a slow down for a later interaction. Along with many other abilities in his kit. Clown will hopefully be next in line now that Doc is over.

    But until he is tweaked. He will never be where he should. He is supposed to close gaps in chases and survivors should fear his bottles but atm that is not the case

  • Of course he's not as good as Freddy, what killer is really? He has the highest killrate in the game.

    Just stock up on Clowns best add-ons and he will be quite strong when you learn where to throw the bottles to end chases fast. Only Ghostface can t-bag the survivors right back but Clown he just laughs and laughs while doing the job, he is super fun and worth buying.

  • He is not good I wouldn’t

1 2 ›