Devs, why do you disable splinter offerings?
These offerings give you opportunity to try out killers before buying them. It's great for new players to try out killers and buy the dlcs they like. If you disable them, then these killers are truly locked behind paywall without any means to try them out, like newer licensed dlc (Ghostface, Demogorgon)
To be honest, I bought Myers and Freddy because I had fun when trying them with offerings. If these offerings were not a thing from the start, I probably won't buy these dlcs.
So please don't disable them
Comments
i think it can have something to do with archives becos you could use splinter for doc and done a challange for him without buying him and the problem is we dont have the same splinters for survivors
There were a few issues with the splinters. Just playing devil's advocate - I don't necessarily disagree with you:
Now that's not to say that both of these issues couldn't be fixed in a way that doesn't completely remove them from the game, but they might have played some role in that decision
I get them constantly when I already have all the killers, it's extremely ######### annoying.
Well, that might be for a different reason
To OP, they disabled them as the splinters were really buggy, allowing some players to be able to even level up killers they don't even own and play as them
This actually sounds like a bug, because I stopped getting any splinters as soon as I bought the DLCs.
Feels bad, especially since it only affects some people and not others..
DLC refund looks at your DLC playtime? I didn't know that..
I did it when i use freddy splinter few months ago, but of course i didn't level up him or play him. Also, this issue has been fixed several patch before
I was under the impression it was a universal problem. You're the first one I've seen say they don't get splinters lol.
As for the op, another reason why removing splinters would be bad is because it would make it so a killer will only get a mori or ultra rare add on. Survivors have like 6 ultra rares in their bloodweb and killers will have 3 while some will have 2 or only moris. Splinters were a good way at diluting the ultra rare pool
Yes but can we remove them when you have all the killers. I try to avoid them but sometimes they make me buy a stupid splinter that I don't need.
Although it can be funny to play Freddy and use the Freddy splinter, just so end game survivors are like ######### dude?
Splinters, I believe, were only for licensed killers, and specific ones at that (Myers, Freddy, Pig, Leatherface).
Might be dependant on the platform? I have no evidence of whether others do or don't get the splinters, but since I bought all the DLCs over 8 months ago (and I've bought consecutive licensed DLCs as soon as they came out) I haven't seen a single splinter in my killer bloodwebs
Finally. Only took them 2 years. Bloodweb wan't polluted enough to have splinters appear for killers you already own
I'm just glad that the splinters won't pollute my bloodweb so I can get red add-ons. It was extremely annoying when I had all killers.
Really?
I don't see this stated in the PTB patch notes.
it possible i never get one since i bought all dlc when i bought a game
They already stopped releasing them with new killers a long time ago. I agree that it was nice to try killers for free, but now they are on average less expensive (most are basically free), and after a while splinters become a nuisance, cluttering the bloodweb, especially since they're bugged. I bought Freddy with the winter sale on auric cells prices and still get a fuckton of them. Tbh I would gladly get a refund for all the splinters I was forced to buy, they were expensive af.
When they deactivated splinters or whatever they did, it messed up my ultra rare add ons on all my killers, they now all show up as ebony Moris and when I take them into a game, the offering screen shows what it should have been and not the Mori.
As did I... but I knew people who were able to get splinters.
Not everybody has the paid killers so the splinters are not targeted at you, there's also an easy workaround that they've refused to do which is removing them for players who have the DLC already.
Also, not everybody is playing on PC, so your point about refunds is invalid.
I know this is a necro, but I think they removed splinters because it had something to do with the multiple killers glitch.
Oh splinters. Boy the memories of people playing old Freddy with a splinter without knowing the sleep mechanic. Just work all day on gens while he slashes away feebly in the dream world ๐