New Ruin and Doctor/Map thoughts?
Just got informed of the new changes, I work a lot so I rely on Monto when I have free time to see new updates. What do you guys think of the changes?
The new Lery's looks phenomenal and watching Monto play Doctor looks so fun!
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
New map is amazing, really the best map aesthetically.
ruin, never used it, doesn't bother me
Right? It actually looks like an Asylum now. Its so good.
How do you feel about Doctor changes? (Thats if you play him)
I love how the new map looks! So eerie looking.
I only played two games with him because then I queued with friends.
I got a 3K with Hatch escape & a flat out 4K.
I think out of the 7 - 8 Doctors I faced we escaped twice and the rest killed us, he's very confusing but not in a bad way, I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I kept tiering up but I guess I'll figure that out with time.
either way, I don't think he's nerfed like everyone has been saying prior to using him, I think he's enjoyable to play and part of that is to not have to mess about switching stances all the time, the static blast is also REALLY useful when you hook someone but you see a survivor run towards you that scurries away a little bit, you can almost always find them with the ability.
Lery is so dark, but its actually a very beautiful map with nice loops. I like it.
Doctor seems to be more buffed than nerfed. Com on, he no longer needs to switch stances!
Ruin now looks very interesting with Surveillance. And YEAH, it is no awful anymore!
Right? Its awesome! Probably the creepiest map there is.
I like the rework to the Doctor. If they reduce the cooldown period after using shock therapy, I think he'll be in a good spot.
I disapprove of the changes to Ruin. Not because I thought the old Ruin was a well-designed perk or because I think the new Ruin is a poorly-designed perk, but because no other perk can slow down gen progression like Ruin can, especially in the crucial early game when the survivors have free reign over the generators.
Killer mains are justifiably upset, because generators can be completed extremely quickly by a competent survivor team (The current record is 2 minutes 40 seconds), giving them little to no time to get hooks. Often, the first generator can be completed before the Killer even has a chance to reach it, if they don't have Ruin. At best, Killers will be forced to slug, camp and tunnel constantly in order to avoid losing the game to the constant genrushes. At worst, they'll mostly just quit.
Killers want to be able to play the game without feeling like the slightest error will cost them the match, and they hate having such a short window of time to kill the survivors. A lot of Killers want to "play nice" and keep slugging, camping and tunneling to a minimum, but the current gen times give them no room to do so.
Killers in the lower ranks also hate the fact that they get matched with red-ranked survivors constantly, but that's a different story.
I want more! Maps like thisa one.
What they have done to the map is absolutely tremendous. I personally believe it's now the best looking map in the game now, no question. At least from what I've seen of the gameplay of Doc, he seems to be better but not by a massive amount. Thankfully it's PTB so if changes need to be made then they'll happen.
Now, for Ruin, I never ran it but it does seem like it's quite a downgrade from the current version. I think if the numbers get increased it could be a decent perk but, in its current state, I personally wouldn't run it. Too be fair though, almost all the gameplay I've seen eveyone destroys the totem almost immediately anyways so it's hard to tell any difference. XD
On a more personal note, how have you been? Haven't talked in a bit with you, you busy girl you. :D
Really hope they rework more maps like this bahdams rework didn't change the atmosphere at all