Green Rank Survivors Don't Exist (Prove Me Wrong)

So I'm currently a rank 10 killer. Every match I get is against red & purple rank survivors. While I try to just face these survivors as best as I can I generally get looped like crazy and can never get a legitimate win. The gens are all done so fast that I have no control on if I can win the game or not. I have maybe seen 5 actual green rank survivors in the past week or so, but they are usually paired with reds or purples as well. It is getting out of hand and I'm starting to not want to play killer when I get destroyed almost every game. I go against mostly SWF groups that are good at keeping gens being done. If this isn't proof enough of how easy survivors have it to rank up and just win the game in general than idk what is.

P.S. I'm a rank 1 survivor, and I do it solo (no SWF). So I know how easy survivors have it.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It’s matchmaking’s fault here, alongside a shortage of red/purple killers.

    4 red ranks queue up. No available red killer, so they get lobby simulator (swf or solo, doesn’t matter)

    Eventually they allow purple killers to match them. But there’s no available purple killer so they still wait.

    You queue up as a green killer. Shortly after this, a quartet of green survivors queue up.

    Red survivors now allow green killers.

    Because red has been waiting longer, they get higher priority for matches, so you as a newly “acceptable” killer for this match get sucked up to red ranks while the green survivors get someone who queues up after you, whenever their “allowed killer” and “wait time priority” hits something other red and purple groups don’t have access to/have priority over.

    End result is green killers get mostly purples and reds. Green survivors get mostly yellow killers since yellows can’t (normally, I’ve seen it happen) end up against reds.

  • Weird I get all green survs when I soloQ as rank 1 surv :v

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    So I'm currently a rank 10 killer. Every match I get is against red & purple rank survivors. While I try to just face these survivors as best as I can I generally get looped like crazy and can never get a legitimate win. The gens are all done so fast that I have no control on if I can win the game or not. I have maybe seen 5 actual green rank survivors in the past week or so, but they are usually paired with reds or purples as well. It is getting out of hand and I'm starting to not want to play killer when I get destroyed almost every game. I go against mostly SWF groups that are good at keeping gens being done. If this isn't proof enough of how easy survivors have it to rank up and just win the game in general than idk what is.

    P.S. I'm a rank 1 survivor, and I do it solo (no SWF). So I know how easy survivors have it.

    Red ranks mostly consist of green ranked survivors since the ranking system isn't a true evaluation of skill. 😁

    BOOM, I changed your mind! :P

  • They do exist, tho they get matched with yellow/brown ranks killers.

  • They do exist

    screenshot.jpg

    (my last game)

  • They're scarce now. Since rank reset no longer puts people far back everyone just jumps straight up to the red/purple ranks and just live there from now on.

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    So I'm currently a rank 10 killer. Every match I get is against red & purple rank survivors. While I try to just face these survivors as best as I can I generally get looped like crazy and can never get a legitimate win. The gens are all done so fast that I have no control on if I can win the game or not. I have maybe seen 5 actual green rank survivors in the past week or so, but they are usually paired with reds or purples as well. It is getting out of hand and I'm starting to not want to play killer when I get destroyed almost every game. I go against mostly SWF groups that are good at keeping gens being done. If this isn't proof enough of how easy survivors have it to rank up and just win the game in general than idk what is.

    P.S. I'm a rank 1 survivor, and I do it solo (no SWF). So I know how easy survivors have it.

    Matchmaking is effed at moment. I’m a survivor main but started killer a bit ago to see what it was like. In a week, casually playing I got to rank 13 killer from 20. That being said I’ve been matching with 7-8 ranks since I started, but it sort of helped me learn faster I guess. Either way, matchmaking’s not working at all.

  • Don't they match killers with the lowest ranked person in a SWF? So if I'm a 4 and my friends are all 15-17, we get a level 4 killer. When I play solo, we red/purple usually get matched with green killers because there are more of them and all the red/purple killers are saved for SWF. Which by the way, that is a nightmare, and every friend I've tried to introduce to this game has quit.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    Don't they match killers with the lowest ranked person in a SWF? So if I'm a 4 and my friends are all 15-17, we get a level 4 killer. When I play solo, we red/purple usually get matched with green killers because there are more of them and all the red/purple killers are saved for SWF. Which by the way, that is a nightmare, and every friend I've tried to introduce to this game has quit.

    Yes in theory but it doesn’t seem to be working, especially lately. I did hear it’s currently bugged. I played last night with two buddies. I’m rank 5, they are both 10. Our 4th survivor was rank 16 as was killer. I knew something was wrong lol

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/964075#Comment_964075

    Yes in theory but it doesn’t seem to be working, especially lately. I did hear it’s currently bugged. I played last night with two buddies. I’m rank 5, they are both 10. Our 4th survivor was rank 16 as was killer. I knew something was wrong lol

    I've been getting really rough match making as solo lately. I had a game today where everyone was 17 except me, and I've had a game or two with purple survivors and a level 15 killer.

  • 59726F9C-A73C-445D-93BB-18D3964645DA.jpeg

    No, you’re right LOL. This is what I see EVERY game while I’m in the green ranks. Purple or red ranks, I never see greens