Suggestions to Buff Nurse

After playing a lot of Nurse the past few months, I thought I'd throw out some ideas for QoL changes to make her feel better.

  • Remove her recharge mechanic, but increase her fatigue.
  • Increase her FoV toward the end of her blink.
  • Allow her blink to continue recharging while she is holding one.
  • Fix the bugs associated with her blink.
  • Increase her move speed slightly (3.9 to 4 m/s).
  • Rework a few of her add-ons so they're actually worth using.

Just one or two of these would probably make her feel better without making her broken again. I definitely don't want her to be as powerful as she was before, but she feels really stressful at high ranks in her current state.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963921#Comment_963921

    This isn't about swf, this is about game health.

    You say this like you face them every game, most of them are overconfident and always run second chance perks, they THINK they are good, take advantage of that.

    This sounds more like "us vs. them" rather than game health.

    You wanted to know where survivors are unbalanced and I kindly showed it to you. If you want further explanations to it, check how well the game is balanced around 4man swf where one brings OoO.

    Sorry nurse was balanced based on edge cases, same percentage exists for swf but that is ignored because ??? yeah there is no logical reason as to why they ignore it.

    I don't deny that many people indeed just want to fool around with friends or goof around, however the problem is that some people get their fun out of ruining the experience for others and this is kinda where the devs have to do something about it.

    Oh and I don't play killer alot, i mostly run swf.

  • She's not bad, you're just bad at playing her, you don't deserve to be good at the best killer in the game, its a privilege, learn how to play well and stop complaining about how bad nurse players can't get free wins thanks to addons

  • @Plaquer said:

    She's not bad, you're just bad at playing her, you don't deserve to be good at the best killer in the game, its a privilege, learn how to play well and stop complaining about how bad nurse players can't get free wins thanks to addons

    Sure kiddo.

    You good at her?

  • No, because I don't enjoy Nurse, I play mostly Huntress, she is total garbage IF you play her poorly, but Nurse has incredible potential still, the few good nurse players (emphasis on FEW, since most nurse players relied on crutches before the nerf) they can still stomp a well organized team since nurse's lethality is still unmatched, having the ability to essentially guarantee a hit every 6 seconds is immensely powerful

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/964207#Comment_964207

    Historicly in a game that is a few years old ok.

    I just leave this here.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/398/4A494UUNC0WZ.jpg

    You can clearly see she wasn't at the bottom for pc. But she used to be the most popular.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/103/8BOLFYNH0D9I.jpg

    Compare that to the recently released ones, compare it then to what almo posted about her killrate being at 43 or something. Oh and she is a little less popular than clown by now.

    Don't know what it needs that some people realize that this isn't a good result.

    Only on Console, she sucks on console but on PC she is by far the best killer, P.S. her killrates may not be too high on average even on PC since she is the most difficult killer to play atm, people struggling with her power is not a sign that she is weak, just a sign that she is hard to play

  • @Plaquer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968736#Comment_968736

    No, because I don't enjoy Nurse, I play mostly Huntress, she is total garbage IF you play her poorly, but Nurse has incredible potential still, the few good nurse players (emphasis on FEW, since most nurse players relied on crutches before the nerf) they can still stomp a well organized team since nurse's lethality is still unmatched, having the ability to essentially guarantee a hit every 6 seconds is immensely powerful

    If she gets a hit every 6 seconds, the survivors are just bad.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968522#Comment_968522

    You wanted to know where survivors are unbalanced and I kindly showed it to you. If you want further explanations to it, check how well the game is balanced around 4man swf where one brings OoO.

    Sorry nurse was balanced based on edge cases, same percentage exists for swf but that is ignored because ??? yeah there is no logical reason as to why they ignore it.

    I don't deny that many people indeed just want to fool around with friends or goof around, however the problem is that some people get their fun out of ruining the experience for others and this is kinda where the devs have to do something about it.

    Oh and I don't play killer alot, i mostly run swf.

    Play Killer more and you'll have more opinions of balancing.

    A 4 man OoO doesn't sound likely, the perk works for the Obsession and there only can be one obsession.

    The best advice to take is the 50/50 veterans who don't have a bias.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968671#Comment_968671

    Play Killer more and you'll have more opinions of balancing.

    A 4 man OoO doesn't sound likely, the perk works for the Obsession and there only can be one obsession.

    The best advice to take is the 50/50 veterans who don't have a bias.

    What do you mean doesn't sound likely? It is literally just one of the things we do use on regular basis for multiple games.

    What does this have to do with playing killer? Don't get me wrong I am red ranks there too but most of what I see is really really bad survivors which pretty much leads to me thinking, ranks on survivors have not much to do with skill as it is very easy to rank up. Balance conclusions can only be drawn from rare games vs good survivors who use everything the game provides them with. That is literally where you see how unbalanced the game is because it shouldn't be possible in the first place.

    Furthermore they change ruin, due to it being too difficult for new players to hit skillchecks. Apply that logic to nurse and you can elaborate how these changes make sense from logical standpoint.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968803#Comment_968803

    If she gets a hit every 6 seconds, the survivors are just bad.

    No, it just means that she is good, its not like you can prevent her from closing the distance, the only chance you have is to trick her, which might not even be possible in many cases. 6 seconds is how long it takes for her to recharge her blinks without add-ons

  • The only buff is just make her 4m speed, I meant possesses buff her speeddddd

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968671#Comment_968671

    Play Killer more and you'll have more opinions of balancing.

    A 4 man OoO doesn't sound likely, the perk works for the Obsession and there only can be one obsession.

    The best advice to take is the 50/50 veterans who don't have a bias.

    Being obsession with OoO increases the distance you can see the killer otherwise you have a shorter distance, multiple people can run the perk.

  • @JC316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/961534#Comment_961534

    I think people like you just read this crap on the forum and parrot it back, because she really isn't the strongest killer in the game. No lunge, no move speed, no map pressure. How many nurses have you gone against since the nerf? How have you fared against them? How many streamers play her at high ranks on a regular basis? How do they do with her?

    I've gone against two nurses and I easily escaped both times. Like she got one or two hooks the entire game.

    she can still be oppressively devastating, which is an issue, and even though the majority of Nurses aren't (most are extremely ineffective and boring to play against), and she's unfun to play now to boot, which is also an issue.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    She’s fine as she is now. She’s still the strongest Killer in the game. Theses changes would make her even stronger than she was pre-rework.

    To you, I'd say the same. How do the above reasons not merit attention?

  • In all honesty I hate the fatigue where she groans and puts her head down. One of the top 3 reasons I hate playing Nurse it’s just so annoying to a point where I’d rather not have fatigue but I don’t have any other ideas to balance it out right now. Her speed has always been an issue and while I can understand the argument with how she can teleport it still doesn’t really matter if almost no one on console plays her that often as they would as other killers.

  • I used to be a nurse main , but after that nerf it is not fun to play her ,she need add-on very much ,fatigue is fine but is CD is killing most of the fun, it is right to said that her power is strong , but face it ,when the survivor is good , you have to blink twice to get a hit ,wait out fatigue, wait out CD , blink twice to get a nice DeadHard,wait out fatigue, wait out CD,and 2 more blink to down,total 6 blink for a down, 72 blink for 4K.It is not possible to master her and i don't see anyone main her without add-on and always win


    i don't care about the add-on, i never use them,

    please remove her CD or buff her walking speed

  • @JC316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/961534#Comment_961534

    I think people like you just read this crap on the forum and parrot it back, because she really isn't the strongest killer in the game. No lunge, no move speed, no map pressure. How many nurses have you gone against since the nerf? How have you fared against them? How many streamers play her at high ranks on a regular basis? How do they do with her?

    I've gone against two nurses and I easily escaped both times. Like she got one or two hooks the entire game.

    Nice joke bro No map pressure, she can literally teleport if she was faster then survivals that will be a little broken

    Nice joke

    see someone that its good of nurse and say to me if you are still gona think that she isnt that good

  • Rank 1 nurse here. Just get rid of the corn FFS. Survivors can see you just fine but you cant see them.


    Also, if you think she's the strongest killer in the game you are sadly mistaken. She has counterplay. Stridor spirit has none.

  • Holy crap.

    This game should be renamed Crying by Daylight.

1 2 ›