Reasoning behind Nurse changes Theory

After playing some more games with the nurse I'm wondering if the changes were meant to keep people from learning to use her and chase off a lot of the old veterans to push down her numbers. Think about it, the base changes are so severe that if you're trying to learn blink attacks you'll spend almost all of the match in blink recovery; everything is so slow that it doesn't feel worthwhile or rewarding to put up with for the 100+ hours she takes to learn. Even then the payoff is fairly meh unless you do everything perfectly all the time, which is impossible. A good amount of it too feels like they had no ideas for addons so they made some of the changes require them. On another level I'm wondering if nurse actually was that good or if that was just accepted as concensus, I play on console and before the changes she was really hard to use but learning blinks wasn't half as unfun as it is now

Comments

  • The nurse was balanced just because in high ranks (where all the good nurses were) they faced good survivors, and the nurses that were still learning were facing weaker survs in the low ranks.

    However many survivors complained they didn't have fun playing vs nurse since they couldn't just loop and loop for ages like with every other killer, so they managed to get her nerfed.

    Survivor fun trumps killer fun from what we've seen so now they no longer have to face her at the expense of the experience of everyone who enjoyed using her.

  • I didn't play with Nurse much to start with. Coming into learning after these nerfs is just so much more unpleasant than before and It's got me wondering how many people got the game for xmas and gave up on using or wanting to learn nurse after a few hours of gameplay that's 75% spent in fatigue

  • Console players should get their own forum, cause its just not worth talking about thoeir complaints while the game is designed for PC.

  • Her basekit changes were made, because survivors couldn't tell the difference between a boosted Nurse with Omegablink/additonnal blinks, and an actual good Nurse with no add-ons. So they just complained that the killer itself was the problem. Since the developers dont actually play their own game at a good level, they just took them by their word, and did a blanket nerf.

  • The nurse imo was nerfed to make her less annoying to play against. With this change,if you miss your blink,it has a severe impact on the chase. They wanted to add counterplay imo

  • Her base kit changes were made because the devs couldn't think of any more changes to her addons. So they just slapped the cooldown on to make up for it.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Console players should get their own forum, cause its just not worth talking about thoeir complaints while the game is designed for PC.

    There's nobody on it and the devs themselves ignore the whole thing

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    The nurse imo was nerfed to make her less annoying to play against. With this change,if you miss your blink,it has a severe impact on the chase. They wanted to add counterplay imo

    Hey it's the "gen speed is great actually" trollpost guy praising a severe killer nerf as awesome and fair; what a surprise

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958585#Comment_958585

    Hey it's the "gen speed is great actually" trollpost guy praising a severe killer nerf as awesome and fair; what a surprise

    Yeah,what a surprise. Someone that doesn't respect opinions,is rude and clearly tilted because he got rekt in my post has uploaded the real secrets behind nurses nerf. I still respect your opinion,tho I can see, you clearly don't respect other people's opinions but hey,who am I to judge right? I don't fall into false accusations every day

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    The nurse imo was nerfed to make her less annoying to play against. With this change,if you miss your blink,it has a severe impact on the chase. They wanted to add counterplay imo

    Lol that's why her kill rate was the lowest always..be cause there were never counters to her correct?

  • That or more likely since the devs never play nurse..they hadn't the slightest clue what they were working with..and screwed over not only the veteran players but the killer that carried this ship through the ice fields on her back

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958585#Comment_958585

    Lol that's why her kill rate was the lowest always..be cause there were never counters to her correct?

    While I don't support her basekit changes, thats not an argument against it. She is the hardest killer to play, so naturally she has the lowest AVERAGE kilrate.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958585#Comment_958585

    Lol that's why her kill rate was the lowest always..be cause there were never counters to her correct?

    Indeed,she had little to no counterplay. 3 counters I can think of before the change are;

    Stealth

    Jukes

    Break line of sight

    Tho stealth gets countered by a lot of aura revealing killer perks

    A good nurse could predict jukes easily

    It was difficult to break line of sight

    With the refill of her blink it is easier to juke as a survivor and get rewarded and break line of sight with her. Tho this is just my opinion :)

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958601#Comment_958601

    Yeah,what a surprise. Someone that doesn't respect opinions,is rude and clearly tilted because he got rekt in my post has uploaded the real secrets behind nurses nerf. I still respect your opinion,tho I can see, you clearly don't respect other people's opinions but hey,who am I to judge right? I don't fall into false accusations every day

    @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958601#Comment_958601

    Yeah,what a surprise. Someone that doesn't respect opinions,is rude and clearly tilted because he got rekt in my post has uploaded the real secrets behind nurses nerf. I still respect your opinion,tho I can see, you clearly don't respect other people's opinions but hey,who am I to judge right? I don't fall into false accusations every day

    Yep, being dismissive of arguments on par with "ThE EArtH iS FlaT!" means they must be true, and I'm "rekt" because I can't take someone making those claims seriously

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958585#Comment_958585

    Lol that's why her kill rate was the lowest always..be cause there were never counters to her correct?

    The kill rate was, is and will be low cause you need skill to play her.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958608#Comment_958608

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958608#Comment_958608

    Yep, being dismissive of arguments on par with "ThE EArtH iS FlaT!" means they must be true, and I'm "rekt" because I can't take someone making those claims seriously

    Since my points have some logic in them then yes,they are correct. I just don't see the point of your toxicness over people's opinions. I still suggest to be more open minded,and I can stand your toxicity. But question to be answered; will the community stand more toxic people?

    I believe you, unintentionally broke into int. Still my opinion,still respecting yours even tho,you obviously don't respect mine.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958611#Comment_958611

    While I don't support her basekit changes, thats not an argument against it. She is the hardest killer to play, so naturally she has the lowest AVERAGE kilrate.

    My point is her kill rate showed she had flaws..and they could be exploited and were shown time after time

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958611#Comment_958611

    Indeed,she had little to no counterplay. 3 counters I can think of before the change are;

    Stealth

    Jukes

    Break line of sight

    Tho stealth gets countered by a lot of aura revealing killer perks

    A good nurse could predict jukes easily

    It was difficult to break line of sight

    With the refill of her blink it is easier to juke as a survivor and get rewarded and break line of sight with her. Tho this is just my opinion :)

    An opinion indeed..her change to her base kit was a handout to players of lower skill..and a disservice to people who actually went through hell to learn her..and jokes mean it goes both ways..he has to guess right and you have to guess wrong..

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958611#Comment_958611

    The kill rate was, is and will be low cause you need skill to play her.

    I'm fully aware..and that was precisely my point..

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958623#Comment_958623

    An opinion indeed..her change to her base kit was a handout to players of lower skill..and a disservice to people who actually went through hell to learn her..and jokes mean it goes both ways..he has to guess right and you have to guess wrong..

    Exactly, while discouraging her from being picked up by more players from the huge spike in what was already a very high skill cap

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958624#Comment_958624

    Since my points have some logic in them then yes,they are correct. I just don't see the point of your toxicness over people's opinions. I still suggest to be more open minded,and I can stand your toxicity. But question to be answered; will the community stand more toxic people?

    I believe you, unintentionally broke into int. Still my opinion,still respecting yours even tho,you obviously don't respect mine.

    Those points you make are the kind of nonsense that makes things so toxic, tired of the same few dozen bad faith or blatantly low info argues that are demonstrably wrong and only meant to annoy and incite conflict. Yeah I'm feeding into your trolling but come on

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958631#Comment_958631

    Those points you make are the kind of nonsense that makes things so toxic, tired of the same few dozen bad faith or blatantly low info argues that are demonstrably wrong and only meant to annoy and incite conflict. Yeah I'm feeding into your trolling but come on

    I still can't believe how you say my opinion is "trolling".

    I have an opinion,I post my opinion. I see your baseless accusations and toxic messages so in order for my opinion to make sense I explain. You found my explanation incorrect for some reason so I continue explaining in order to be clear. You just don't want to respect my opinion tho so you say I'm a troll. Then when I believe the conversation is over,with me saying I'd you wanna chat then you should show some respect, I browse the discussions. I found an interesting topic so I clicked in,writing my opinion I didn't realize that the post was by the toxic, undeniably no respect person I met earlier. Once you comment on that,I see that you were the same person. So with a few words;

    SINCE I have proof my opinion is correct you can't say I'm a troll,tho I don't know why this needs to be specified but since my information is based on EVIDENCE you can't say I'm wrong. So in order to summarize;I didn't want to find your post on purpose and I am at all means not a troll. You are just toxic.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958631#Comment_958631

    Those points you make are the kind of nonsense that makes things so toxic, tired of the same few dozen bad faith or blatantly low info argues that are demonstrably wrong and only meant to annoy and incite conflict. Yeah I'm feeding into your trolling but come on

    Fun fact,if you read your comments you can see that you only complain -_-

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958689#Comment_958689

    Fun fact,if you read your comments you can see that you only complain -_-

    You came to this thread to annoy me with more bs designed get on my nerves from it's rejection of reality, but yes I'M the toxic troll. Somehow. Kinda. Ish.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958716#Comment_958716

    You came to this thread to annoy me with more bs designed get on my nerves from it's rejection of reality, but yes I'M the toxic troll. Somehow. Kinda. Ish.

    Guys, you are getting this thread locked with this nonsense. Please use direct messages for your argument.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958716#Comment_958716

    You came to this thread to annoy me with more bs designed get on my nerves from it's rejection of reality, but yes I'M the toxic troll. Somehow. Kinda. Ish.

    I came here WITHOUT the information that you created the post. I realized it after you messaged me. Tho I didn't say you are a troll,I still believe that you are a toxic, unrespectful person

  • @Eye66 said:

    After playing some more games with the nurse I'm wondering if the changes were meant to keep people from learning to use her and chase off a lot of the old veterans to push down her numbers. Think about it, the base changes are so severe that if you're trying to learn blink attacks you'll spend almost all of the match in blink recovery; everything is so slow that it doesn't feel worthwhile or rewarding to put up with for the 100+ hours she takes to learn. Even then the payoff is fairly meh unless you do everything perfectly all the time, which is impossible. A good amount of it too feels like they had no ideas for addons so they made some of the changes require them. On another level I'm wondering if nurse actually was that good or if that was just accepted as concensus, I play on console and before the changes she was really hard to use but learning blinks wasn't half as unfun as it is now

    Nurse has always been pretty bad on console if I believe what people talk about on it (like Billy for example, who's a great killer on pc)

    But Nurse is very fine when you know her, and it didnt change after the rework, she's still extremely strong *when you play her well* which is the problematic here : when do you want to train your nurse now that there's no more real rank reset to do that and play random killers you want to train/who are not really viable without sweating ? I think it's the real problem here, people cant learn Nurse anymore without having to unrank a lot because of the new rank reset system, which makkes everyone think she was terribly nerfed, which isnt the case at all

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958731#Comment_958731

    I came here WITHOUT the information that you created the post. I realized it after you messaged me. Tho I didn't say you are a troll,I still believe that you are a toxic, unrespectful person

    I think the same and worse about you tbh

  • If you wanna continue arguing I suggest messaging me directly,instead of uploading our thoughts publicly because it hurts both our reputations,or if you like we can end it here.

    Dunno about you,but since I said what I had to say about your false accusations and disrespectful opinions,I have nothing to say

    Tho I'll be happy to continue a conversation. Let me know

  • She was nerfed for entitled survivors at red ranks. They have a lot of hours in the game, they are supposed to loop and escape every killer.

  • cross-platform maybe

  • Nurse is dead. I wouldnt be suprised if in mid 2020 the last nurse main dropped her and the average pick rage drops much more

  • @DwightOP said:

    Nurse is dead. I wouldnt be suprised if in mid 2020 the last nurse main dropped her and the average pick rage drops much more

    I wonder what it is now, especially with a much worse barrier to learning for new people.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958653#Comment_958653

    Exactly, while discouraging her from being picked up by more players from the huge spike in what was already a very high skill cap

    On top of that her performance got hard capped to boot..harder to play than ever for a weaker killer..worst balancing decision I've ever seen honestly..but..they'll answer people eventually if we keep reminding them she still exists

  • I have found nurse to be fun to play only when using the matchbox add-on. You only get one blink but you can combine it with an over 100% speed to actually be effective in a chase. In that case, the timer is just a slight annoyance since you can actually start closing the gap just by moving while it refills. Having the timer on the base kit though is very frustrating

  • All these arguments of CoUNtErpLay! boils down to this.

    I can't 1v1 the nurse for 3-5 gens solo so she is unbalanced.

    Survivors can't grasp that there are 4 of them and only 5 gens to do while the killer essentially is versing 12 survivors since they require 3 hooks each.

    We need to give this game the same win condition as identity V

  • She is so unfun to play now ;(

    I'm just dumping BP into her during this event to unlock all perks (for my OCD) a d never have to look at her again.

  • @Raccoon said:

    She is so unfun to play now ;(

    I'm just dumping BP into her during this event to unlock all perks (for my OCD) a d never have to look at her again.

    Me too, but for some reason I got like 7 surv puddings, but it's just not worth playing her because I just get destroyed.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Console players should get their own forum, cause its just not worth talking about thoeir complaints while the game is designed for PC.

    Lol. You don't own the forum or the game. Console players will talk whatever they want.