WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP DE-RANKING ME
Recently I have been playing games and winning by a country mile but I keep getting de-ranked. I thought the aim of the game is to escape so why am I being punished?!
Moan over
Tagged:
Trusted
Recently I have been playing games and winning by a country mile but I keep getting de-ranked. I thought the aim of the game is to escape so why am I being punished?!
Moan over
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If you're depipping after escaping, you probably hid in a locker the entire match without doing anything, and then getting the hatch or letting your teammates do generators. You have to do generators, get saves, escape chases and interact with the killer, and escape unbroken or at least survive for 9 minutes to get a Silver emblem. You will depip if you escape but didn't do anything the entire match. Sounds like you're a P3 Claudette who hides in a bush for the majority of the game.
You have to be productive to pip.
When will people stop carrying about pips? Meaningless since release.
If you aren't pipping as survivor when you escape then you are quite literally doing absolutely nothing all game and getting carried.
It is extremely hard not to pip as survivor currently...like I'd have to actively try not to.
If you're depipping when you escape, then all I can see is git gud. You should at least be getting a safety pip if you're actually doing stuff. If you are depipping while you escape, then you are being worse than useless.
Escaping through the hatch is an entirely different story, that's a RNG get out of jail free card. You can be absolutely destroyed and still escape through hatch, especially with a key. You are worthy of a depip at that point.
Git gud
+1
What if the killer is far below my rank and I get chased till I escape? I de-pipped for that earlier.
Both sides pipping systems have flaws.
Every time that's happened to me it was still a pip.
It's not a pip at red ranks
It's just a Claudette in the bush
(In the bush, in the bush, in the bush)
If you do it right it is.
Piping as survivor is super easy. You just have to play and do a bit of everything. Escaping is not required.
Work on at least 2 gens.
Cleanse at least 1 totem.
Safe rescue one person.
Heal one health state.
Get in chase with killer.
Ta-da. That's a pip. If you do even a tad more AND escape. That's a double pip.
Guess I’m just unlucky.
Once you hit rank 16 you can't depip any more. So, once you reach rank 16.