Survivors, you are not being funny by DC'ing

I saw a few clips from people who were about to complete the six feet under challenge but surprise one survivor DC's just because. In the post game chat they say things like "No challenge for you lol"

Screenshot_20191226-121403_Reddit.jpg

Credit to u/CaptainRikkai on reddit for screenshot after one guy Dc on last basement hook

How in the hell is this funny? One thing is poking at someone and irritate them a little to have a laugh (like bodyblocking someone in a corner for a little while) but this is just being a ######### thinking its fun.

It is not fun for anyone to have a player DC, either as a survivor or as the killer (although the second case would work on their favour) and specially when trying to complete a master challenge like this.

And dont come at me with a "oh why should I stay in a match that is not fun for me?" Because 90% of the time you Dc because you got caught in due to your lack of skill. If you can tell me to git gud as a killer when you escape by hatch after I destroy your team then Im in all the right to say that you should be the one to get better and stop ruinning other's fun

Oops this turned into a rant much faster that I expected, my bad. Just dont DC please many people are really struggling for that challenge and its already hard enough without people DC'ing to screw up the killer for no reason

Comments

  • @bilaueta said:

    I saw a few clips from people who were about to complete the six feet under challenge but surprise one survivor DC's just because. In the post game chat they say things like "No challenge for you lol"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/788/EA2DDQ0AFGYL.jpg

    Credit to u/CaptainRikkai on reddit for screenshot after one guy Dc on last basement hook

    How in the hell is this funny? One thing is poking at someone and irritate them a little to have a laugh (like bodyblocking someone in a corner for a little while) but this is just being a ######### thinking its fun.

    It is not fun for anyone to have a player DC, either as a survivor or as the killer (although the second case would work on their favour) and specially when trying to complete a master challenge like this.

    And dont come at me with a "oh why should I stay in a match that is not fun for me?" Because 90% of the time you Dc because you got caught in due to your lack of skill. If you can tell me to git gud as a killer when you escape by hatch after I destroy your team then Im in all the right to say that you should be the one to get better and stop ruinning other's fun

    Oops this turned into a rant much faster that I expected, my bad. Just dont DC please many people are really struggling for that challenge and its already hard enough without people DC'ing to screw up the killer for no reason

    I'd like to say, "Yes, I understand your concern."

    But you know what stops me?

    Two thoughts:

    1. there are enough lobbies in which the opportunity can arise to make a challenge come true.

    2. you can't force someone to endure everything in the game - even if it's fun for the opponent, it doesn't have to be for the other.

    Sometimes the appeal of a challenge lies in the fact that you can't win it just like that, but have to hope for the chance.

  • @DAMNFASTDEAD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115443/survivors-you-are-not-being-funny-by-dcing

    I'd like to say, "Yes, I understand your concern."

    But you know what stops me?

    Two thoughts:

    1. there are enough lobbies in which the opportunity can arise to make a challenge come true.

    2. you can't force someone to endure everything in the game - even if it's fun for the opponent, it doesn't have to be for the other.

    Sometimes the appeal of a challenge lies in the fact that you can't win it just like that, but have to hope for the chance.

    Theres a difference between being beaten in a game and having someone yeet the game out the window. If I'm about to beat you in chess, you dont get to flip the board and say "better luck next time".

  • Yup, no sh!t took me 7 tries to get that challenge because people kept DCing. All 7 times I was successful and what stopped me from getting the achievement is the last guy decided to DC rather than get hooked and die. This was during the DC penalty test too, so people would rather get a temporary ban than just get hooked and die. Nothing you can do, it's the devs fault for putting in such a dumb challenge and not taking precautionary measures to inevitable DCs.

  • @SeenThisBefore said:

    Yup, no sh!t took me 7 tries to get that challenge because people kept DCing. All 7 times I was successful and what stopped me from getting the achievement is the last guy decided to DC rather than get hooked and die. This was during the DC penalty test too, so people would rather get a temporary ban than just get hooked and die. Nothing you can do, it's the devs fault for putting in such a dumb challenge and not taking precautionary measures to inevitable DCs.

    Kinda surprised they didnt just make DCes count towards the challenge like they did for the "kill everyone by any means" challenge.

  • Yesterday I were playing as Pig and one guy dc at the beginning of the game.A few mins later downed one and he dced so 2 survivors left. Game last 10 mins or so cuz I was giving them some advantage so everyone could have fun. Had 7,8k malice, 6k destruction, 8k hunting, 2k on hooking and emblems depipped me. How do you eat that?I try give fun but get punished. Yeah dc f** survivors but definetely killer get far more f****Ed

  • @lynelmane said:

    The only thing that DCing does when someone is trying to finish these challenges is make it take longer, thereby making the matches where they encounter killers with the challenge continue to happen. If they just accepted their defeat or allowed the game to finish properly, they wouldn't encounter so many of them.

    Solution to dc is easy somehow. Grant black pip to all players and killers get 1500 points on sacrifice category not on destruction (it have no sense) and survivors get 1500 on survival (as is harder to survive). Everyone would be happy and no one would mind such much people dc

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/949518#Comment_949518

    Theres a difference between being beaten in a game and having someone yeet the game out the window. If I'm about to beat you in chess, you dont get to flip the board and say "better luck next time".

    I consider chess, no matter how a game ends, to be an extremely respectful game. I don't know any other way. No matter whether I had won or my opponents had won, we always shook hands in the end.

    In a game in which the highest of feelings seems to be able to play an animation as a killer, in which a survivor is masacred by the killer, I can unfortunately not understand this, even if some in the forum write that they enjoy this moment as a killer and/or survivor.

    For me the difference between chess and DBD is that both are arenas, but in chess both opponents can leave the arena with their heads held high, no matter how the game ended.

  • @DAMNFASTDEAD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/949525#Comment_949525

    I consider chess, no matter how a game ends, to be an extremely respectful game. I don't know any other way. No matter whether I had won or my opponents had won, we always shook hands in the end.

    In a game in which the highest of feelings seems to be able to play an animation as a killer, in which a survivor is masacred by the killer, I can unfortunately not understand this, even if some in the forum write that they enjoy this moment as a killer and/or survivor.

    For me the difference between chess and DBD is that both are arenas, but in chess both opponents can leave the arena with their heads held high, no matter how the game ended.

    Both sides could feel this way at the end of a DBD game as well, it’s not the game stopping it it’s the playerbase.

    ive most chess, DBD, basketball, track races, and more and been able to walk away with my head high and a good feeling because both sides played fair.

  • Survivors really has some issues with taking this game seriously.

    Just had this match.

    20191228212327_1.jpg

    Then went on bragging about smurfing. Hilarious stuff.

  • @Supernaut said:

    I report every DC, with a quick line about the circumstances.

    I had a guy who ran to the back corner repeatedly to prevent me from getting it, and DC'd rather than give me the hook. He then stayed behind to mock me in the post game chat.

    I really hope that the review team see this and punish these guys appropriately...

    Doubt it.

    They did a round of bans back when the 'pull plug' d/c was the norm. Since then, they've decided that leaving a game is considered a disconnect and ban you BUT....

    Killer queue times are going up so they have to balance that with 'addressing the d/c issue' which is just rampant. Because all that is going to happen next is the 'suicide on hook/afk' strategy.

    The devs need to address the underlying issues if they want to really manage this.

  • @Crimbojambo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115443/survivors-you-are-not-being-funny-by-dcing

    DCing is not an intended mechanic of the game. Outside unnatural causes outside the confines of player control (Poweroutage due to storms, ect.) is robbing everyone involved. The killer gets punished for playing the game, other survivors have to accommodate a gaping hole in their team comp, and the player who performs dcing robs themselves of any chance of improvement. Same with a killer dcing. What is the point of buying a game you quit playing soon as it doesn't stay in your absolute favor?

    Morally I don't disagree with you but it also discounts human nature.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/949635#Comment_949635

    Both sides could feel this way at the end of a DBD game as well, it’s not the game stopping it it’s the playerbase.

    ive most chess, DBD, basketball, track races, and more and been able to walk away with my head high and a good feeling because both sides played fair.

    I do not deny that the term "fairness" can be defined more broadly than I do. This is due to the fact that I simply don't want to associate intentionally inflicted "violence (killing with your own hand)" in a game with this term in order to keep it pure for me. I also never associate such type of games with the term "sport".

1 2 ›