Another gen slow down topic but wait!
Okay anyone with half a brain k ows gen repair speeds are ridiculous. I've been thinking about how to handle this in a way that helps satisfies asany people as both sides as possible.
So I think if survivors are injured all actions except MAYBE healing(probably not healing) still haven't decided on this yet have new effect applied called overzealous.
What the status does is SIGNIFCANTLY increase the amount of skill checks and and tremendoualy reduces the size of skill check zones while repairing, make the ability to receive skill checks during cleansing and searching chests happen. This essentially does a number of things. It makes other perks more viable for example sloppy and thanata and other slow down perks become even stronger. Survivors can still ignore the injured state and potentially get very good at skills checks. To play off of current perks. Other killers such as plague become A LITTLE more viable because now if survivors don't cleanse they can potentially miss A LOT of skill checks.
The "great" success zone can either be slightly reduced or not reduced at all but the regular skill check zone is BARELY barely available after great skill check zone.
And if it doesn't affect the healing action the other healing reduction perks to get a direct buff via the effect, but they do get a buff in the fact the survivors are Significantly more incentivised to heal. So you get more use.
I don't think this is a perfect option and could be modified but I think to a degree this could help A LOT with the gen time to complete issue at higher level player.
Let me know thoughs
Comments
That's an interesting idea, but I bet you people would be up in arms if there were debuffs for being injured. Which is arguably fair since you are 1-shot at that point.
I think what the game needs is a single, straightforward time waster in the early game. Something along the lines of finding gas cans around the map, which are used to fuel up gens. Before this point, no gens can be worked on. But once a gen is fueled up, it will stay that way permanently and can be worked on by anyone.
That's not a debuff, that's called damage. You wouldn't called getting shot in COD( I know terrible game) a debuff do why would you call getting hit a debuff?
Side note, I didn't mention. Anything about bringing in any new objectives because quite frankly based off the direction the game has gone that ship sailed a long time ago and bhvr imo very clearly has no intention of EVER doing this at least in my eyes
Sounds like a fun idea, something I pretty much had in mind. Since a lot of people complain about gen speed, this seems like an idea on how to touch on that with something that could make sense. If someone is injured, their actions are impaired due to pain and bleeding out. Maybe repair speed just slows down while you're injured to an extent.
And that's exactly my thought process in regards to your initial statement, but the vast majority of survivors are against DIRECT gen slow down and I don't blame them. It's not fun to do gens and there's not really any skill involved. With this method direct gen slow down perks aren't significantly augmented and only laterally augmented in the fact that now that get WAY more skill checks that are MUCH harder to hit.
So now you can get better at HITTING those great skill checks (skill based) or you can opt to heal which again automatically makes any thing that slows the healing mechanic upgraded indirectly cause now survivors IN THEORY will heal more often rather than just running straight to a gen and hoping a survivor heals them or just ignoring things plagues ability. Imo this is the best compromise for both parties
Problem with the gas can idea is it gives a big, unnecessary buff to top tier killers too while also being a buff to camping and tunneling. If we don’t want to add to killer too and are just looking for a way to stall the early game a bit.... why not just start the game with repair debuff? However, and this is the key, once the killer puts a survivor in the dying state, it goes away (for ALL survivors) and repair is back to normal. The killer got their early game handicap and now it’s game on as usual. That way if a killer downs someone in 30 seconds, the other 3 aren’t stuck running around looking for gas or whatever. If the killer just camps that survivor, or proxy/tunnels, it would be game over as not enough would get done before the first death. Can’t have that. Im sure there’s probably a gaping hole to this idea, as i just thought of it 5 minutes ago....but whatever.
I don't think people's problems would/should boil down to the debuffs, I personally believe that, rationally, BHVR could get away with a change like this, based on the idea that no person alive could ever be injured like that and have the focus or affinity to work on gens or other "complicated" stuff, plus the fact that gen rushing is a bit of a problem for a lot of people, but I personally don't believe that sloppy or thana need buffs even if its slightly in this scenerio (I'll finish that thought later), I also don't think that plague needs a buff, but a rework, she is the killer nobody needed or asked for, a lot of people hate playing as her because of her weird playstyle and the fact that her puke has a really weird hitbox and a lot of people hate playing against her because most people that use her just go for the braindead aproach with her of just puking at you until youre injured, even if your litterally at basic attack distance. I think she could benefit a lot from a rework so that she doesn't feel so braindead and has a more suitable playstyle.
Now about sloppy and thana, sloppy has been stronger than ever since that ridiculous overbuff they did to it, and thana is really well balanced in it's state, buffing them even if it's indirectly would be really bad for the balance of the game especially when people have been using them both together a lot lately (wich is a preetty scumy thing to do since they both make healing unbareably slow when together)
The gas can thing though wouldnt be bad as long as there are more gas cans than survivors so that it doesn't hurt someones chances of getting one in case a killer decides to closely guard 1 or more of them, I also don't think the killer should be able to see the auras of gas cans (if they should have) so that at least its an even playing field in that regard
A debuff for being injured would be a straightout buff to anti-heal and that's strong anyway. Dunno about that.
Yeah but if your skill check game is GOOD it'll help negate the anti heal, that's the balance if you add it, SLIGHTLY indirect increase but as of right now healing is hardly a concern for good survivors in the games current state anyway so if argue that it's needed.
But what about the 8/10 survivors that can't hit greats?
I'm sorry to say it because it's so cliche but that would be a definite case of git good OR you can deal with the killers healing perks and heal. It's a trade off
You're not OBLIGATED to not heal, but if you do you're gotta deal with the penalties that come with ignoring an INJURY. A good analogy is in shooter sometimes your health is low and your friend needs help you can run to go help them there's a high chance you might die to but you'll put the odds in your favor if it's a 2 on 1 or you can take the safer option and go get health.
It's adds a layer of decision making to the game which is a skill.
It's worth a test on the PTB i guess. Would be interesting to see how it works out in the game.
I dont think this is even necessary, just make gens 100 charges and things will be fine.
No survivors want that and quite frankly even me being a killer main don't want that just holding repair in a single identifiable spot isn't interesting I want survivors to have to make more decisions and more interesting plays, have an actual element of skill involved even if only slightly
It's a choice and risk vs reward scenario. You can not heal and potentially gain insane Regen progress if you are good at hitting skill checks.
I would much rather the killer EARN their debuff, rather than have it given to them. Additionally I'd rather have survivors have to make more impactful decisions and added elements of skill vs mindlessly running to god loops and just running to powerful pallets that force the killer to just break because it's not viable to mind game
I actually like running plague with a guy and run type style hit them with vile Purge get your first hit then look for the next survivor this way if they heal that's time not doing gens and it's time letting the vile purge build up either forcing a cleanse or putting them right back in 1 hit down status. But I understand most people don't play her that way.
As for it being an indirect buff to than and sloppy, if you're good at hitting skills checks you can opt to instead attempt to power rush the gen. The other 2 perks are not any more impactful I'm regards to the healing aspect so it comes down to see you skilled enough or do you want to hide and heal first.
It is a time balance, not a skill balance. Honestly, if you dont want skill checks to hook, dont ask for more decisions on gens
Except it's not more decisions it's the same decisions except there's more weight carried with them. Heal or don't if your good at hitting greats it's actually a benefit for you. If you want to get better it's a way to practice. You're still making the same decision though.
I'm actually genuinely surprised that so many people are against the idea of making survivors have to actually think about whether they want to heal or not vs it just being a brain dead decision that really has little to no thought involved in it . And it actually puts a skill element into the gens which they desperately need.
I don't think that the game could handle another status effect
But how about changing skillchecks based on status effects
I actually made a post on my suggestions of what they would be
Could work depending on what they do. But I think survivors would whine about having to learn however many new types of skill check patterns that would cause lol
I would say that learning something new wouldn't hurt that bad...
Survivors learned how to path, loop, Gen spawns, totem spawns, killer tells, perk combos
Killers learned how their power work, how add-ons affected their power, pathing, loops, survivor perk tells, perk combos, Gen progress
There's probably more but what's wrong in adding something unique to the most tedious thing in the game
Also the only time skillchecks change is with Ruin, overcharge, and maddness
Maybe I didn't make it very clear, but I'm not disagreeing with on your change per say, I just foresee survivors whining about essentially having to learn like 10+new skill check behaviors
I know... @MarsAttacks
It was a preemptive comment before ppl blasted their keyboards at me saying it
Ahh gotcha. I'd be very surprised if the entitled survivor community didn't back last horribly over that idea lol.
Lol
Yes also it is unrealistic that the killers have superpowers. I think they should be removed so it is in unity with the real world. Because that's what games are about. Being as realistic as possible. All of them. Without exception.
Yes exactly. After all their crying around about minor perk changes of theirs or even about bug fixes I think they just complain all the time. Only the survivors! Especially when their control bug that enabled a too powerful attack got fixed and they went mental over not being able to use it anymore. Oh wait....
Lol never said that only survivors cey, but the stuff the cry about is so trivial vs the overall balance of the game it might as well be nothing.
There are over arching problems on the killer side that completely break the game for killers. But I give you A for effort
I like the idea but i feel this would be way more punishing to newer players then experienced ones
And how will this combine with unnerving precence?
Its great idea. If survivors is hurt, its harder to focus on repairing a there shoud be more skillchecks or slower repair speed, which motivate survivors to heal first. Its like new objective for survivors and games will not end in 5 minutes with some tryharding swf comm. Or the other option is to make 1-2 generators to be fake and its repairing will not count to 5 gens to power gates. Both ideas are healthy ways to stop gen rushing and prevent to finish some games in 5 minutes which is not fun for either survivors and killers. So some kind of thanatophobia or fake generators. This will help prolong games a little, stop genrushing in 5 mins and make fun for both sides. I would rather sacrifice all moris for this 2 ideas. I think that its not fun that you wait some time more then 10 mins for game and then its finished in 5 with swf. Last nn option is make some weaker version of hex: ruin to be implemented to game and survivors must find totem first before genrush.
Simpler idea: While injured you repair gens 5% more slowly because your hands are slick with your own blood. Numbers are flexible this would just help stop genrushing.
Built in slowdown for being injured and for each hook you’ve taken would make sense. The more hurt you are the harder to concentrate, plus you were hooked through a shoulder that would affect you
Exactly, makes sense. Hurt survivor cannot focus 100% on repairing so is slower and maybe there should be more skillchecks (but not necessary). It will be kind of thanatophobia but instead of slowing all for every hurt it will only slow this one who is hurt. To remove this effect you just need to heal.It will not hurt survivors but help killers from 5 minutes gen-rush games and I think this mechanism can be easily implemented by devs without much effort. This will make game more healthy and perfectly balanced. Team will have to choose between slower repairing or trying to heal team member and repair with full speed. I love this idea <3
Neat idea but the great skill checks would need to be different sizes as the greats would be too big and too easy to hit like unnerving skill checks
The discussions in this forum are pointless. I broke the problems of DbD and it's balance down in other threads and why a loud minority just keeps yelling here no matter what the devs do.
It is not so much about the game it is about people not understanding game design and game dev work in general.
Also you can't satisfy everybody and what they do is to satisfy the ranks with most players.
Dude, the point of a discussion forum is for it's members to discuss even if it's pointless and even if it doesn't affect the game at all. I admit that I don't know anything about game design or dev work, but as a gamer I know enough to have an opinion on the game, and what I originally talked about is about a theoretical situation in which devs would have to justify game logic, and what I said is a simple reason why they could implement something like a debuff for being injured. And it is a posible solution that could satisfy most of the playerbase if done right, because it slows down the game enough for newer or weaker killers and it also gives more of a reason to survivors to heal eachother, which is something they should do anyway and some unfortunately don't bother to do so. I also know that it's imposible to satisfy everybody, which has been made very obvious for anyone that spends 3 minutes in this forum. And again it's a discussion forum, and what I was doing was discussing with someone about a possible change they could implement if the devs ever do so. You didn't have to be so sarcastic with your first comment about a valid point
sometimes people want to just vent, it happens on all forums whether it’s games, sports, politics, restaurants, etc
same thjng happens in raw life, sometimes people wanna tell you a story or problem and just get it out even if there’s no fix. The sooner you realize that the better off you’ll be