Pig changes I found on reddit
0 votes and 23 comments so far on Reddit
Credits to u/WarpChicken for making this post
Anyways so I saw this post on Reddit discussing pig change, and honestly I think most of these are pretty good. There are a few that happen to be a bit too strong and would need changing, or number tweaking, but most of the add-on changes proposed make the Saw theme more immersed into the game. I feel that when the devs do finally give the add-on pass to pig this is the sort of direction i would like them to go with it. However out of all the changes they proposed please don't make RSN2 base-kit. That's all i wanted to share with you guys and what are your opinions on the proposed changes.
Comments
As always, my thoughts are merely opinions.
Vaulting windows/pallets while dashing: I'm not sure she needs this. IMO, this would just take away from the identity of the Legion, who is already suffering enough as is.
"Fix" the RNG: I strongly suspect that the user does not understand how the boxes function. There is no RNG involved in actually searching the boxes; either you've found the correct box, or you haven't. Not saying that something couldn't be done in helping with the variance, but it doesn't seem like the person understands the issue.
Increasing crouch speed: Yeah, I think I am okay with this.
Changing the activation of the RBTs: I think #1 (activates upon being unhooked or healing from the dying state) COUUUULD be okay maybe, but that's about it. Even then, I probably wouldn't make it so it activates from being healed. Maybe either from being unhooked or from a gen finishing. I think if someone gets healed off the ground because they were left slugged, they shouldn't be penalized.
Rules Set No. 2 base kit: Not my preferred solution (I prefer first box being auto-fail), but I'm still okay with it.
Jigsaw Box only opens for a Survivor with an active RBT: Not sure what the point would be. At worst, it invalidates RSN2. Survivors now won't have the option of playing it wrong (searching for boxes with no aura) and will effectively be forced into doing the correct thing (doing a gen to activate the trap and see the box auras).
Increase the RBT timer to 3 minutes: Please no. I know this is meant to be done in conjunction with the previous two things, but I'd say just make RSN2 base kit and forget parts 2 and 3.
Original Reverse Bear Trap:
1) I'm going to assume that the rarities of all of these add-ons will be adjusted accordingly because this and some others seem like way too much at their current rarities.
2) This add-on seems really badly designed. It is basically just "Survivor runs to a corner, does an extended mending, and prays."
Shattered Syringe: I'm for buffing Syringe, but this isn't it to me.
Utility Blade: See above.
Razor Wire: This would have to be at least a Very Rare IMO, and even then I am not sure this is a good idea.
Face Mask: I feel like this still just promotes tunneling the trapped Survivor, which is counterproductive to the goal of RBTS.
Broken Reverse Bear Trap: No. This does absolutely nothing except in the times where it is more powerful than an Ebony Mori, with absolutely no middle ground and no strategy whatsoever. It is about as frustratingly coin-flippy as it gets. Absolutely no good can come from this.
Improvised Reverse Bear Trap: The problem with this is that it means that the Pig now has a 50% chance of being able to just facecamp a Box and make sure the Survivor guaranteed dies. It might not be strategically sound, but it does promote unhealthy, trollish gameplay IMO.
Interlocking Razor: The Razor Wire idea at least can't down a Survivor. This does not have that safeguard, so I am against it.
The Game: I am going to assume that this only works once a Trap becomes active because I refuse to believe that the person who came up with this idea did not seriously do so while also suggesting that RBTs can only be removed once it becomes active. Beyond that, I think this is a really bad idea. Either people just 99% the gens, rendering this pointless, people don't think to 99 the gens and allow the Pig to tunnel the Trapped Survivor to death, or there is a troll in the Survivor team who decides to kill the Trapped Survivor for the memes.
Tampered Timer: I would not reduce the timer any further. I'd be okay with adding another ability to it (potentially in exchange for less time being stricken from the clock), as Tampered Timer either does nothing or everything.
A Worthy Tool: This kinda just basically reads as "Infinite RBTs", and I don't think manually having to recover them from a box is enough of a downside to off-set that.
Amanda's Secret: I'd personally change it to just one person (the Obsession) and remove the downside of RBT inventory reduction. Basically just make it a better Last Will.
Rules Set No. 2: I have no idea why this was made when The Game was also suggested as an idea. I think this has similar problems to The Game (though obviously less bad).
Amanda's Letter: This I am in support of.
@TAG Just in reference to your RNG point, the boxes are pure RNG. Sure there's technically not a random chance for the box your searching to be the right one, but the correct box is chosen at pure random (key word) and they all look identical.
No matter how you look at it they are 100% RNG.
What I meant was that based on the "proof" that the Reddit user linked to and using that "proof" to suggest that the "RNG issue" be fixed to make it more "even", it seems pretty likely that said Reddit user believes that Jigsaw Boxes are "Search an arbitrary box, and a random number generator determines if your Trap comes off" as opposed to "One box is randomly chosen to be the correct box, and ONLY that box will get the Trap off."
Boxes used to be determined by RNG, you would always have a 50% chance of removing the RBT and it could be increased by luck. This is fixed now but it was likely still a bug when the post was made
There's a lot here I find questionable. To say the least.
Like, for example, the suggestion that it should be changed so that a player can't leave via Hatch due to an active RBT is silly and an unneeded change.
Razor Wire and Interlocking Razor add-ons are another.
Anything that says "random debuff" would probably be rife with bugs and either too strong or too weak. Imagine taking both if they are stackable. It would be a mess.
Speaking of Add-ons suggestions, here are more that I don't like:
Face Mask
Original Reverse Bear Trap
A Worthy Tool
... "Broken Reverse Bear trap"
The Game (No reduction??)
The Game + Rules Set No. 2 (Lmao!)
The Game + Amanda's Secret (If they work together)
The Game + Anything really
So, basically, most of the Add-on suggestions appear to disregard any notion of balance and just think they would be "cool" or "accurate to her character". Sorry, but that's not how it works.
Increasing crouching speed is a good idea though.
Face mask could put a ton of pressure on hooked survivors, most people with traps won't go for saves, but if they are the only players not being chased it can force them to make a risky decision, especially since they can't use BT and will be forced to at least take a hit if you are anywhere close by.
This was never the case, as far as I am aware. I believe the devs have themselves stated that this is not and was never how the boxes worked.
I'm not convinced that such a scenario is as likely as you believe. The way I see it, the two most likely scenarios are:
1) The Pig does not actively hound the Trapped Survivor because that wastes time, so the add-on basically does nothing (as is the case with the current RBT penalty add-ons except arguably Rusty Attachments).
2) The Pig does actively hound the Trapped Survivor to take advantage of the Oblivious Status effect, so the RBT isn't properly stalling like it is intended to.
For the first thing, it was never intentional but it was proven, it was directly addressed and fixed by the devs. I understand the point about the face mask, but why not go after people with RBTs on? They are the most vulnerable people and the best targets, the thing survivors don't want you to do is to go after the guy with a RBT, because it is the best option you have as a killer
You're going to have to find me this proof because I explicitly remember someone (I believe it was McCote) explicitly bringing up that reddit thread with the statistics and explaining that 1) the Boxes were not bugged 2) the Boxes do not function the way some people believe they do (i.e. the individual boxes do not function off RNG and are not affected by luck).