Oh my god the Hag sucks

M1 killer with 110% mov speed, has teleports but by the time you teleport to a triggered trap (if it's triggered at all) the survivor has quite a head start and the chase lasts FOREVER with this movement speed.

The only viable playstyle I've worked out is.. camping for a 1-2k game. Against SWF, no chance.


This is absolutely the worst killer I've played so far, even Trapper is much more useful.


Anyone got any strategies for the Hag that don't involve camping and might be viable against SWF? They can loop me nearly forever with this mov speed. Only solo players fall for the traps.

Comments

  • @Tr0g said:

    I feel like Hag is extra problematic against SWF. Other killers retain their abilities but if there are 1-2 flashlights and voice comms in the game your traps are pointless. And then you're just an M1 killer with 110% mov speed and a crappy camera height.

    She has traps that she can teleport to, to M1 people.. So you have to play mind tricks twice to get 1 down. Other killers have abilities to down someone immediately. Freddy can teleport to any gen of choice (or fake teleport) while also countering loops with his Dream Snares. Doctor can counter loops with his shock while also passively making the game more difficult for survivors and revealing their positions. Demogorgon can teleport around the maps using portals. All those killers have 115% mov speed too. Hag depends on her traps being triggered to use her underwhelming teleport ability.

    I just feel the Hag's ability is underwhelming compared to other killers. Like someone said, you're only supposed to play one half of the map. It's like you must go for a 3-gen strategy otherwise you can't win. And when you're down to 3 gens her poor chase potential will make the game an endless stalemate.

    On console 90% of games are against SWF with voice comms (consoles are more social), so I consider gameplay against SWF to be standard.

    If there`s a flashlight - Franklin`s. I'm a Hag main and I never have trouble with flashlights, not even against SWF. The only time when flashlights are a problem is when someone has OoO.

    Her teleport is NOT underwhelming. If you're placing your traps appropriately you should never get looped, ever. If you're commiting to chases in places where you don't have traps that's on you. That's the simplest mistake people make when playing Hag, and people who think she's bad generally don't execute her gameplay properly. Half of the work of the chases is done before you run into survivors. There's a very simple flowchart here. If they're running towards your traps, you down them, no questions asked. If they're not, you abandon chase and go somewhere else. She downs people faster than anyone else if you execute her properly. She has ways of near instantly hitting survivors after the trap is triggered, leaving little to no counterplay after they run into your traps.

    Yes, she plays half map. And that's a good thing. Unlike other killers you don't have to worry about patrolling every generator. Hag has the absolute best zone control of the game, bar none. Survivors may get one or two generators for free, but once you get one down and you set up your traps around 4 gens, they're playing your game.

    Hag's not for everyone. She requires conceding, patience and planning ahead. People who think she's weak are simply not playing her properly. And that's fine tbh. Just like Nurse and Huntress aren't for everyone, Hag has her very specific playstyle which is different from anything else in the game but also extremely strong. She's MILES better than most killers in the game once you learn how to properly use her. Don't dismiss her strength before watching people who can actually play her.

    And please don't compare her teleport to Freddy's. Hag teleports and smacks you instantly. Freddy has a 5 second warning. His teleport isn't meant for chases, hers is.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940792#Comment_940792

    If there`s a flashlight - Franklin`s. I'm a Hag main and I never have trouble with flashlights, not even against SWF. The only time when flashlights are a problem is when someone has OoO.

    Her teleport is NOT underwhelming. If you're placing your traps appropriately you should never get looped, ever. If you're commiting to chases in places where you don't have traps that's on you. That's the simplest mistake people make when playing Hag, and people who think she's bad generally don't execute her gameplay properly. Half of the work of the chases is done before you run into survivors. There's a very simple flowchart here. If they're running towards your traps, you down them, no questions asked. If they're not, you abandon chase and go somewhere else. She downs people faster than anyone else if you execute her properly. She has ways of near instantly hitting survivors after the trap is triggered, leaving little to no counterplay after they run into your traps.

    Yes, she plays half map. And that's a good thing. Unlike other killers you don't have to worry about patrolling every generator. Hag has the absolute best zone control of the game, bar none. Survivors may get one or two generators for free, but once you get one down and you set up your traps around 4 gens, they're playing your game.

    Hag's not for everyone. She requires conceding, patience and planning ahead. People who think she's weak are simply not playing her properly. And that's fine tbh. Just like Nurse and Huntress aren't for everyone, Hag has her very specific playstyle which is different from anything else in the game but also extremely strong. She's MILES better than most killers in the game once you learn how to properly use her. Don't dismiss her strength before watching people who can actually play her.

    And please don't compare her teleport to Freddy's. Hag teleports and smacks you instantly. Freddy has a 5 second warning. His teleport isn't meant for chases, hers is.

    Since you main her like a friend of mine I got a question. Do you get crap chaser emblem as well when you do well? Usually if I dominated with her I barely manage silver.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940900#Comment_940900

    Since you main her like a friend of mine I got a question. Do you get crap chaser emblem as well when you do well? Usually if I dominated with her I barely manage silver.

    Yeah I do feel like if I stomp too hard with her the chaser emblem can get a bit ######### sometimes. Not as much as Billy's or Plague's though.

    They should just rework the emblem system to something tailored to specific killers imo, it's a joke sometimes. You can't compare Hag's or Billy's chaser to a M1 killer and analyze them with the same parameters.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940914#Comment_940914

    Yeah I do feel like if I stomp too hard with her the chaser emblem can get a bit ######### sometimes. Not as much as Billy's or Plague's though.

    They should just rework the emblem system to something tailored to specific killers imo, it's a joke sometimes. You can't compare Hag's or Billy's chaser to a M1 killer and analyze them with the same parameters.

    Ya I always thought each killer should have there own pipping and emblem system.

  • Franklin's demise is a joke against SWF, someone else will pick up the flashlight while I'm chasing. The perk only works properly against solo players.

    I truly don't see how Hag can be top tier killer when literally all she has is a trap that you can teleport to for an M1 hit. And that's if you teleport instantly, if you teleport after half a second you'll just end up in a chase that lasts forever with her speed.

    Against solo players I do fine with the Hag. Against SWF I do terribly, and on console that's 90% of the matches. Yes, other killers also suffer from SWF, but the Hag suffers much more than others, even more if there's a flashlight. What use is laying down a trap when someone will destroy it with a flashlight 5 seconds later because it was called out on voice?

    I feel like I'm talking to PC players here. I don't know what PC matchmaking is like but the vast majority of console matches are against 3-4 man SWF groups. Nearly everyone with a console has a headset and console players play with friends more often than PC players.

  • If you willing to learn how to play Hag, someone at the Haggers den discord will be happy to help you.

  • I thought this thread was gonna be about how boring it is to play as Hag and against her, but apparently people think that Hag is underpowered. (spoiler alert: no, she's a very powerfull killer)

    Anyway, continuing my thoughts, she's just very boring, she's boring to play as and against, her game ramp up feels even slower than Trappers, you HAVE to use her phantasm traps to catch someone, otherwise you're just running after someone until they run into your trap, you teleport and hit them, repeat from step 1.

    I wish devs will give her some sort of rework at some point to fix that, otherwise I'll just never touch her, maybe I'll even skip her tome if one comes out before her rework, it's just mentally exhausting to play as her and against.

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    If you willing to learn how to play Hag, someone at the Haggers den discord will be happy to help you.

    There's a discord devoted to Hag?

  • @Tr0g said:

    Franklin's demise is a joke against SWF, someone else will pick up the flashlight while I'm chasing. The perk only works properly against solo players.

    I truly don't see how Hag can be top tier killer when literally all she has is a trap that you can teleport to for an M1 hit. And that's if you teleport instantly, if you teleport after half a second you'll just end up in a chase that lasts forever with her speed.

    Against solo players I do fine with the Hag. Against SWF I do terribly, and on console that's 90% of the matches. Yes, other killers also suffer from SWF, but the Hag suffers much more than others, even more if there's a flashlight. What use is laying down a trap when someone will destroy it with a flashlight 5 seconds later because it was called out on voice?

    I feel like I'm talking to PC players here. I don't know what PC matchmaking is like but the vast majority of console matches are against 3-4 man SWF groups. Nearly everyone with a console has a headset and console players play with friends more often than PC players.

    I've faced plenty of SWF groups in red ranks as Hag and never had any trouble I wouldn't have with any other killer. I think you just need more experience with her.

    If you're good you should be getting an instant or near instant hit every time your trap is triggered, so no long chases. You need to constantly have your finger ready on the teleport key as Hag.

    Besides, they have no way of knowing it's a Hag. So your nightmare scenario would be more than one person bringing flashlights and someone with OoO to see where you place traps, while someone is doing nothing besides following you to deactivate traps. That's just not realistic.

    I think you just need to play more calm and confident against these groups as Hag.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940938#Comment_940938

    I've faced plenty of SWF groups in red ranks as Hag and never had any trouble I wouldn't have with any other killer. I think you just need more experience with her.

    If you're good you should be getting an instant or near instant hit every time your trap is triggered, so no long chases. You need to constantly have your finger ready on the teleport key as Hag.

    Besides, they have no way of knowing it's a Hag. So your nightmare scenario would be more than one person bringing flashlights and someone with OoO to see where you place traps, while someone is doing nothing besides following you to deactivate traps. That's just not realistic.

    I think you just need to play more calm and confident against these groups as Hag.

    PC or console? Maybe it's a framerate issue but even when I teleport instantly, the game can be too choppy for me to get a hit in and I still end up in a long chase..

  • @Tr0g said:

    Franklin's demise is a joke against SWF, someone else will pick up the flashlight while I'm chasing. The perk only works properly against solo players.

    I truly don't see how Hag can be top tier killer when literally all she has is a trap that you can teleport to for an M1 hit. And that's if you teleport instantly, if you teleport after half a second you'll just end up in a chase that lasts forever with her speed.

    Against solo players I do fine with the Hag. Against SWF I do terribly, and on console that's 90% of the matches. Yes, other killers also suffer from SWF, but the Hag suffers much more than others, even more if there's a flashlight. What use is laying down a trap when someone will destroy it with a flashlight 5 seconds later because it was called out on voice?

    I feel like I'm talking to PC players here. I don't know what PC matchmaking is like but the vast majority of console matches are against 3-4 man SWF groups. Nearly everyone with a console has a headset and console players play with friends more often than PC players.

    My friend mains Hag on PS4. He does incredibly well with her rarely losing any games. He's unbelievably terrifying to go against.

    Do you enjoy playing Hag? A big part of playing a killer and doing well with them is your personal enjoyment. No matter how good or bad a killer can be if your enjoy them you'll excel with them and if you dislike them you'll fail pretty bad.

    Thanks.

  • @Tr0g said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/940960#Comment_940960

    PC or console? Maybe it's a framerate issue but even when I teleport instantly, the game can be too choppy for me to get a hit in and I still end up in a long chase..

    PC. I thought frame rate could have something to do with it. Oh well, hope they fix it soon,

  • There a discord for everything I'm sure.

1 2 ›