Buff Legion

Comments

  • Sorry, you asked this on Opposite Day. Legion no longer has a weapon.

  • @Spooky13 said:

    Sorry, you asked this on Opposite Day. Legion no longer has a weapon.

    Oh no!!!

  • Sorry man, Legion is the devs punching bag. I would really like a buff too, but I feel like if they "buff" them again, they'll end up with something like "You can no longer move while in the Feral Frenzy fatigue animation and Legion will now look down at the ground similar to Nurse. Increased stun time to 10 seconds." For another addon change.

  • I am an main Legion, should I ask a doctor when I'm dying?

  • @Spooky13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926958#Comment_926958

    Sorry man, Legion is the devs punching bag. I would really like a buff too, but I feel like if they "buff" them again, they'll end up with something like "You can no longer move while in the Feral Frenzy fatigue animation and Legion will now look down at the ground similar to Nurse. Increased stun time to 10 seconds." For another addon change.

    I don't think so, I think they have good intentions, this is where myself and @UlvenDagoth differed.

    I just think they don't know what to do with him. He is a poorly designed character and I think they realize that now.

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    I am an main Legion, should I ask a doctor when I'm dying?

    Perhaps.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926967#Comment_926967

    I don't think so, I think they have good intentions, this is where myself and @UlvenDagoth differed.

    I just think they don't know what to do with him. He is a poorly designed character and I think they realize that now.

    Ulven got banned dk if he has a alt though.

  • He does not. I am aware he is banned, just wanted to acknowledge the original Fanatical Legion Main.

  • While i do enjoy playing as them they do need a little help

    I'm sure the devs will look at them again though

    #hopeforLegion

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926967#Comment_926967

    I don't think so, I think they have good intentions, this is where myself and @UlvenDagoth differed.

    I just think they don't know what to do with him. He is a poorly designed character and I think they realize that now.

    I agree with that. I think a lot of Legion's problems stem from having Deep Wounds in their power. The problem is that Borrowed Time also as Deep Wounds, meaning they have to take into consideration both the perk and Legion. If they made Borrowed Time different than Legion's power I think a lot would clear up and both would be easier to balance.

    Another thing I've noticed is that devs don't like slowdown heavy gameplay. From nerfs to Thanato, number changes on Freddy's addons, all recent killers having powers that can be used mid chase, they don't like slowdown, and fair enough, slowdown heavy gameplay is really boring for survivors. They seem to want to change Legion to not be so slowdown heavy with things like Sloppy Butcher, and are focusing more on the chase, hence the movement speed upgrade in Frenzy. The problem is, all of Legion's potential was slowdown, and now that that is gone, and Frenzy still can't be used actively mid chase to down someone, they really don't know what to do with Legion.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926976#Comment_926976

    He does not. I am aware he is banned, just wanted to acknowledge the original Fanatical Legion Main.

    Like i agreed with him on some posts but he took it to a whole new level then i did i want legion to be viable as well though and he probably has wanted this since legions rework.

  • The Legion was already to pre patch days "weak".

    Many forget that some things were already in place, before the rework.

    As example the stun after frenzy - this one had also the pre patch Legion. The only difference what this matters is, that the Legion today has a stun after frenzy that is much, much, muuuch longer.

    I personally think that the Legion is a very good design, for a variety of reasons, but I also think that every Legion patch had hurt the Legion-design.

    As example: Even what other people saying - the last patch was for me a buff towards the Legion.

    That said and also the reasons why nobody could "celebrate" it is, because they still have not done what is necessary.

    The Legion rework had totally destroy the Legion. It needs more as a few small buffs, to make them again and in some cases the first time viable in situations, that occur in the matches (if I count not the use of exploits and obvious op addons in).

    Imo, frenzy should be totally back to its old state and I don't see here any balance issuses, as long as bhvr not also touches dw.

  • Legion is gonna get hit with nerfs until they are in the earth's core.

  • I would like to see FF hits give oblivious as wel as deep wounds

    Would make mending a lot more excitting at the least

    And now that sprinting and mending stops the deep wounds timer there is no real reason for it to be so long

    I would change it to 2-3 sec but let it reset when you start sprinting or mending again

    That way it's something extra the survivors have to think of during chases and might allow them to make mistakes

  • They just need to rework their purple addons and MAYBE reduce the cooldown from 4 seconds to 3.5 S.

    Other than that,they're very good

  • @kate_main said:

    They just need to rework their purple addons and MAYBE reduce the cooldown from 4 seconds to 3.5 S.

    Other than that,they're very good

    I disagree and most of the community also disagrees.

    He has no slowdown, because slowdown is boring for Survivors. He has no potential to down easily, like Myers or GF.

    He has nothing, he's a worse version of Wraith;meaning, he has zero map pressure and excels at getting the first hit.

  • @kate_main said:

    They just need to rework their purple addons and MAYBE reduce the cooldown from 4 seconds to 3.5 S.

    Other than that,they're very good

    I personal prefer a good basekit above addon-dependency.

    Also a good basekit would make it easier for the devs. Would be a addon again so strong like the former Franks-Mixtape, they could simply make it either weaker, or even delete it, without being worried to hurt the Legion - or any other killer in a similar case - gameplay and style.

    Edit: But that is just my opinion.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/927058#Comment_927058

    I disagree and most of the community also disagrees.

    He has no slowdown, because slowdown is boring for Survivors. He has no potential to down easily, like Myers or GF.

    He has nothing, he's a worse version of Wraith;meaning, he has zero map pressure and excels at getting the first hit.

    I mean, their power is the best for slowing down the game...

    They also got mobility,tracking,free hit, and the potential to have gicantic map pressure.

    Not to mention they're small,making easier to mindgame for them.

    Also,they're one of the bests at countering DS and BT.

    They might not be perfect,but saying they got nothing is untrue.

  • @Talmeer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/927058#Comment_927058

    I personal prefer a good basekit above addon-dependency.

    Also a good basekit would make it easier for the devs. Would be a addon again so strong like the former Franks-Mixtape, they could simply make it either weaker, or even delete it, without being worried to hurt the Legion - or any other killer in a similar case - gameplay and style.

    Edit: But that is just my opinion.

    I agree that without FF duration increases they lack something in power

    Would be PERFECT if at least their common addon for increasing the duration of FF was put inside their basekit.

  • @kate_main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/927073#Comment_927073

    I mean, their power is the best for slowing down the game...

    They also got mobility,tracking,free hit, and the potential to have gicantic map pressure.

    Not to mention they're small,making easier to mindgame for them.

    Also,they're one of the bests at countering DS and BT.

    They might not be perfect,but saying they got nothing is untrue.

    They do not have mobility. Their FF has a 4 second stun that makes you lose massive distance. Compared to Billy, Oni, Spirit or Wraith, they have zero mobility.

    They have decent tracking within 32m.

    Getting the first hit means nothing when you can't get the second.

    They have zero map pressure. I don't know where you are even getting that from, you seem to think that Legion can sprint around the map without a timer or a 4 second stun.

    They don't counter either of those??? What are you even talking about?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/927088#Comment_927088

    They do not have mobility. Their FF has a 4 second stun that makes you lose massive distance. Compared to Billy, Oni, Spirit or Wraith, they have zero mobility.

    They have decent tracking within 32m.

    Getting the first hit means nothing when you can't get the second.

    They have zero map pressure. I don't know where you are even getting that from, you seem to think that Legion can sprint around the map without a timer or a 4 second stun.

    They don't counter either of those??? What are you even talking about?

    Im not saying they dont count;

    How is being able to hit 4 people a bad thing?

    Legion is the only one who can apply so much pressure if the odds are not against you amd they rarely are

    Some maps are not very good for them,but its quite easy to get at least a 3 men chained FF hits and that is perfect for map pressure.

    Also,lets not pretend that getting a basic M1 down is impossible ; especially if you manage to get yourself stunned in a position where you can bodyblock a person.

    Plus, Bamboozle is great on them and definetely helps in chases.

  • @kate_main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/927073#Comment_927073

    I mean, their power is the best for slowing down the game...

    They also got mobility,tracking,free hit, and the potential to have gicantic map pressure.

    Not to mention they're small,making easier to mindgame for them.

    Also,they're one of the bests at countering DS and BT.

    They might not be perfect,but saying they got nothing is untrue.

    High mobility? I don't think so, Let's do some math. (I'm not very good at math but this shouldn't be that hard)

    So, normal Killer travels at 4.6 m/s, Legion's Feral Frenzy lasts for 10 seconds and they move at 5.2 m/s, so 4.6m * 10s = 46m and 5.2m * 10s = 52m sounds pretty good right?

    Now let's count in the Fatigue after Feral Frenzy, Fatigue takes 4 seconds, so normal Killer would get 4.6m * 14s = 64.4m total, And the Legion will get 52m + (1.2m * 4s) = 56.8m total. (Just for clarification, in one discussion @Peanits said that the Fatigue speed is 1.2 m/s, you can't find this info on the wiki for some reason)

    So no, Legion doesn't have a good mobility at all. You can't see scratch marks while in Feral Frenzy, so not that good for traveling around the map either.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/927088#Comment_927088

    High mobility? I don't think so, Let's do some math. (I'm not very good at math but this shouldn't be that hard)

    So, normal Killer travels at 4.6 m/s, Legion's Feral Frenzy lasts for 10 seconds and they move at 5.2 m/s, so 4.6m * 10s = 46m and 5.2m * 10s = 52m sounds pretty good right?

    Now let's count in the Fatigue after Feral Frenzy, Fatigue takes 4 seconds, so normal Killer would get 4.6m * 14s = 64.4m total, And the Legion will get 52m + (1.2m * 4s) = 56.8m total. (Just for clarification, in one discussion @Peanits said that the Fatigue speed is 1.2 m/s, you can't find this info on the wiki for some reason)

    So no, Legion doesn't have a good mobility at all. You can't see scratch marks while in Feral Frenzy, so not that good for traveling around the map either.

    Taking away the m1 penaltiy, reducing the stun after frenzy for something between 2,2-3,0 secounds would give the Legion, the mobilitiy he/she has on the paper.

    To say it on this way.

    Maybe also reducing the frenzy cd.

    A Legion who can faster move away, is also a Legion that is less forced to tunnel. Should be interessting for survivors.

  • @Talmeer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/927185#Comment_927185

    Taking away the m1 penaltiy, reducing the stun after frenzy for something between 2,2-3,0 secounds would give the Legion, the mobilitiy he/she has on the paper.

    To say it on this way.

    Maybe also reducing the frenzy cd.

    A Legion who can faster move away, is also a Legion that is less forced to tunnel. Should be interessting for survivors.

    I still think Legion is fundamentally poorly designed. Really cool concept, not so great in practice. I did a simple redesign keeping all of their current gameplay intact, if you care to review it, I'd be super appreciative!

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/927273#Comment_927273

    I still think Legion is fundamentally poorly designed. Really cool concept, not so great in practice. I did a simple redesign keeping all of their current gameplay intact, if you care to review it, I'd be super appreciative!

    Yeah, I have already read your thread and write there :).

    I am sure, a third Legion patch will come - sooner or later.

    It just has to be, -for balance and fun reasons and I am curious what this patch will contain.

    Maybe even ideas from the community, or maybe also just that they delete some stuns to take the unfun things from the Legion away, or smaller things like this.

  • @Talmeer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/927492#Comment_927492

    Yeah, I have already read your thread and write there :).

    I am sure, a third Legion patch will come - sooner or later.

    It just has to be, -for balance and fun reasons and I am curious what this patch will contain.

    Maybe even ideas from the community, or maybe also just that they delete some stuns to take the unfun things from the Legion away, or smaller things like this.

    I hope so. I remember one of the Devs saying they would pass on ideas from one of the numerous Legion threads.