Accused of cheating, should I worry?
So, I just finished a match against Freddy, who is probably my most despised killer. I hate dream state, I hate he can teleport to generators, slows down the game, yada yada.
Anyways, I brought in a flashlight to try for the save a teammate with a blind rift challenge. The moment I saw it was Freddy, I knew it was hopeless. At one moment, I tried to blind him to get away and I failed in my typical fashion. I ended up frustrated and just repeatedly flash/click the flashlight at him to aggravate him and assuage my fragile ego. He downs me.
Later in the match, I was doing a totem and he gives me a heart attack (Stupid terror inducing lullaby). At that moment, I resign myself to death and end up just running in circles to put on a show, make myself laugh a bit and make Freddy think I have a few screws loose (I do). He downs me and leaves me on the ground to lure out the other survivors.
He ends up getting everyone killed and saves me for last. At first, I think he is going to hook me and he does an about face and takes me to the hatch. In the after game chat, my teammates accuse me of cheating. Saying I was revealing their locations to him over comms. Now, they could have checked his steam to see his friends list and see we aren't friends, mines I keep private.
They said they're reporting us both. Should I worry? I would hate for the Killer to get in trouble for showing me mercy. In general, is it not okay to let one or two people survive if the whole team was a group of taters? I always let some go if the match feels completely lopsided in my favor and I can see they don't know what they're doing.
Comments
Don't worry! Devs won't ban for petty stuff like that.
Honestly I didn't read the post, but if you didn't cheat, don't worry about it.
Thanks for the response. I was more worried for the nice killer than I was for me. <3
These reports will just get buried under the mountain of reports for tunneling/camping/playing the game that hes likely already gotten, lol. You and him are both fine.
No, you should have no reason to worry.
Neither of you will get punished. The devs are very careful about banning people - the general policy is, if there is even a small amount of doubt that the person may not have done anything wrong, they won't punish them.
People say that sort of thing at the end of the game because they're salty and they want to scare you or make you "pay", but 95% of the time they're just talking out their rear ends.
Thanks for all of the responses, I'll continue being nice to potatoes <3