Should killers be able to see survivor items before that match starts?

I have been playing survivor to get my challenges done and I am at rank 4 on Xbox and matches take a while already. On top of that, I have challenges that require me to blind the killer 2 times. I have been dodged by the killer 4 times in a row and it is getting really annoying. I know they took off for survivors to be able to see other survivors ranks to avoid lobby dodging and to find games faster, should something be done about this too?

Comments

  • I was thinking this yesterday,. I get that the idea of seeing them is so they can plan their perks accordingly, but let's be honest, they generally don't. They just dodge the lobby and then you go back in the queue.


    The queuing will be a bit better on servers, just because the killer can leave and you just wait for another killer to join rather than going back to the start of searching.

  • I don't think so, that would make bringing Lightborn a guessing game or completely useless. I think the killer needs to prepare, because survivors are able to bring more than one flashlight to the game and coordinate flashlight saves if they are on comms.

    However, I think something should be done about lobby dodging, but something should also be done about changing your items right before the timer hits 5 seconds.

  • @Xerge said:

    I don't think so, that would make bringing Lightborn a guessing game or completely useless. I think the killer needs to prepare, because survivors are able to bring more than one flashlight to the game and coordinate flashlight saves if they are on comms.

    However, I think something should be done about lobby dodging, but something should also be done about changing your items right before the timer hits 5 seconds.

    Well that’s kind of the point, the killer need to bring the perks they are comfortable with, many times as a survivor I bring perks that I don’t end up using

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/922454#Comment_922454

    Well that’s kind of the point, the killer need to bring the perks they are comfortable with, many times as a survivor I bring perks that I don’t end up using

    I understand. But you got three people backing you up with 12 perks, the killer can only rely on himself and 4 perks.

  • I try to always keep a Mori offering for lobbies where I see at least one flashlight so if they abuse it they get no second chances after first hook (otherwise I don't use it). Other than that, I don't care about what items or perks they have.

  • As long as keys are in the game, yes.

  • Yes, I think killers should know what they're up against.

    Anti-item perks would be useless also.

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/922491#Comment_922491

    I understand. But you got three people backing you up with 12 perks, the killer can only rely on himself and 4 perks.

    I guess your right, I usually only count myself because I get potato survivors

  • Not sure why someone would dodge flashlights. I'll take a lobby with 4 flashlights anytime over toolboxes or medkits

  • Currently yes but I would like it to be removed at some point, after certain items are adjusted.

  • Even the term "abuse" in regards to a flashlight makes zero sense. I assume what you actually mean is use it? It is part of the game. Get over it.

  • NO, this will encourage lobby dodging and also you can see what items people bring in already with a little exception to keys since they are kinda hard to see.

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    I have been playing survivor to get my challenges done and I am at rank 4 on Xbox and matches take a while already. On top of that, I have challenges that require me to blind the killer 2 times. I have been dodged by the killer 4 times in a row and it is getting really annoying. I know they took off for survivors to be able to see other survivors ranks to avoid lobby dodging and to find games faster, should something be done about this too?

    I dont think anything should be hidden, moris, items, ranks or prestige levels. The only this accomplishes is either in game dcs, tunnels, an even bigger nerf to solo queuers or extremely boring matches

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/113157/should-killers-be-able-to-see-survivor-items-before-that-match-starts

    I dont think anything should be hidden, moris, items, ranks or prestige levels. The only this accomplishes is either in game dcs, tunnels, an even bigger nerf to solo queuers or extremely boring matches

    I'd would rather any of those things than to be dodged multiple times because of something one of my solo teammates brought in.

    This has always been needed. If killers want they can always take Franklin's, good, one less crutch perk you're using then.

    If a killer DCs because my flashlight, he's an idiot. I might be able to blind him at the occasional pallet, but there is no way in hell I will get a successful flashlight save all on my own.

    I have recently dodged a lobby (as killer) of 3 Claudettes with flashlights. I want to play the game, but I don't want to be bullied by excessive flashlight blinds and head on plays.

    But I still agree that the killer does not need to know this information. Perks I've gone in game and had a round that I never had the opportunity to activate: Unbreakable, Decisive Strike, Self Care, Hope, Adrenaline, Balanced Landing, Left Behind, Mettle of Man, We're Gonna Love Forever, No Mither, Any Means Necessary, Borrowed Time, Camaraderie, Dark Sense...

    Ok, I'll stop. But if your team never gets a gen done, if you never are found by the killer, if Survivors never save or all flock for the save, you're going to have perks that just never activate. So what a Survivor brings really should not change the killer build you use to start the lobby in the first place.