Why do you get a crow when slugged?

Seriously, why? I get if you're hiding in a locker or sitting in a corner, trying to leech off your team. But when slugged? Why does the system have to let the slugger know where I am, when they made the choice to leave me on the ground?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Yeah, I agree with this. Also, I tend to down afk players and leave them in case they show back up, and it's annoying to still get the alerts of someone on the ground.

  • You don't, as long as you're either recovering or crawling around.

    You get a crow when slugged for the same reason that you do any other time you're not doing anything - because the game assumes that you're AFK and not participating in the match.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I mean, unless you want to just spend 4 minutes of both you and the killer's time bleeding out on the ground when hatch is closed? Crows when slugged are useful to be like "Hey, I'm over here, come grab me to end the match".

    The killer made his choice when he went to slug. I understand if somebody else is near and they give chase, but when you're doing it for the 4k and spend two minutes hunting them down? No. You want to waste my time, why can't I waste theirs?

    My gripe is that they made the choice to slug. Why am I, the slugged, 'punished' for being able to hide effectively? Again, if I'm hiding in a locker or in a corner most of the match, I get it.

  • All you have to do is hold down the recover button and you won't get crows. Yes, even after you've maxed out your recovery progress. Just keep holding the button.

  • Never seen a crow because of slugging, but if that's a thing, they should at least change it to a Vulture :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/910160#Comment_910160

    Ironically, killers usually don't actually have a choice to slug considering most killers get a de-pip even if they 3k and the fourth escapes via the hatch, or hell, 3k with the fourth DCing, resulting in a black pip.

    If BHVR would finally put more emphasis on killing the majority of survivors (3k) instead of all of the survivors (4k) despite claiming they want to balance this game for an average of 2k, a lot less people would care to slug for the 4k.

    Why do people care about rank?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/910160#Comment_910160

    Ironically, killers usually don't actually have a choice to slug considering most killers get a de-pip even if they 3k and the fourth escapes via the hatch, or hell, 3k with the fourth DCing, resulting in a black pip.

    If BHVR would finally put more emphasis on killing the majority of survivors (3k) instead of all of the survivors (4k) despite claiming they want to balance this game for an average of 2k, a lot less people would care to slug for the 4k.

    Yeah, it's funny how the devs say getting a 2k is winning, yet you de-pip and get punished for it. It's like they encourage red rank to slug and get the 4k on purpose. It really needs a long due overhaul....

  • killer DOES have a choice to slug. The fact that one depips or not has nothing to do with the issue hes talking about "slugging" you almost literally just said killers dont have a choice cause its not convenient!? one chose to slug, dont say you dont have much of a choice, a choice is a choice.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Seriously, why? I get if you're hiding in a locker or sitting in a corner, trying to leech off your team. But when slugged? Why does the system have to let the slugger know where I am, when they made the choice to leave me on the ground?

    So if you afk at the side of the map the killer doesn't have to search the whole map for you.

  • And why are you still screaming against The Doctor while in the dying State? Supposedly I'm in massive pain but yet I still manage to scream like a maniac and give The Killer Free deerstalker? Lol and why doesn't iron will work in the dying state? Was that always a thing?

  • i think it is to 1:stop people from going afk once down and them being in a corner where the killer will never ever look at

    2:so when the killer closes hatch they have a better chance of getting the 4k with hooks rather than a 3k and a bleed out

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911126#Comment_911126

    I can't speak for other people, but I can say for myself that I take absolutely no joy in pummeling newbie survivors over and over and over again, and facing stronger opponents will make me a stronger player, which in itself is reward enough for me.

    That would make sense if there weren't newbie survivors at rank 1. Good on killers for complaining about optimal 4 man swf but wanting to face more of them.

  • You get crows because you are not moving

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911734#Comment_911734

    Well, there's more stronger players at rank 1 than there is at rank 15.

    People complain about SWF because it's not balanced. A great SWF versus a great killer = the SWF will win every time. Both should have equal chance of winning.

    What is a win? I don't really know because I play to have fun (I tried being competitive sometimes and it caused a lot of headaches)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911836#Comment_911836

    Based on the definition of the game and devs, a win is whenever you pip.

    Can't everybody win? ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911851#Comment_911851

    Yes. Everybody can lose, too.

    Which is why killers slug for the 4k most of the time.

    You're making no sense because most other people I talk to seem to believe only one side can win.