Transfer BBQ&C's extra bloodpoint gain effect over to Monstrous Shrine
Barbecue & Chili is already plenty powerful and worth running without the BP gain effect; it really doesn't need it. One perk that desperately needs a lift though is Monstrous Shrine, possibly the most useless in the game for killers right now, since Bitter Murmur was buffed. It makes sense that the Entity would give extra rewards for killers bringing survivors to its special underground worship shrine!
Maybe transferring the aura revealing effect over to MS instead could also work; in that case, the aura would have to be visible for much longer than usual, to compensate for the fact that basement hooking is rarer and that the killer takes time to climb the stairs back up.
Disclaimer: I'm a killer main who runs BBQ&C on almost all killers. So yes, I'm technically hurting myself with this suggestion, but it's for the good of balance.
Comments
Balance? How a bloodpoint bonus gives you a tactical advantage?
BBQ has a bloodpoint bonus to reward people for not camping, not ultra-tunneling.
even with the blood point gain Monstrous shrine would still almost never see play, it would be like those addons that nerf your powers for more blood points accept players get to decide if you get to use cause i dont know about you but when i chase a guy and he realizes he is running towards the basement they usually change directions
How? The auras are only shown tens of meters away, and if your target is that far away, you're obviously not tunneling them in the first place (you just hooked someone else, after all!). The BP bonus doesn't influence this.
You'd be surprised. I manage to basement hook at least one person almost every game. Also, the BP gain per survivor could be buffed from 25% to 50% so that two different basement hooks in a game already guarantees the same effect as BBQ does right now.
I am in agreement. I think BBQ is powerful, but I run it myself for the BP bonus.
I would run Monstrous Shrine instead if I still got 25% bonus Bloodpoints for each hook regardless of hook location.
I wouldn't run it if I had to get basement hooks for the bonus because I would also have to equip Iron Grasp and Agitation.
That said, if I run We're Gonna Live Forever then I usually have to equip Borrowed Time and Self Care as well.
Edit: Maybe there's a balance, where you get 1 token of BP bonus for a standard hook and 2 tokens for a basment hook (cap remaining at 4). This way, if you hook two different survivors in the basement then you've gotten 4 stacks, or if you hook one survivor in the basement and two other survivors elsewhere then you still have 4 stacks.
If I have BBQ equipped, I am not discouraged from camping because of the BP Bonus token (I already got the token before I could possibly camp); instead, I am encouraged not to camp because I see auras elsewhere so I can save time patrolling the wrong gens. BBQ would still have the aura reading and will still encourage not camping if the BP bonus is shifted to Monstrous Shrine.
Currently, if the killer wants to see my aura and have better map awareness, I'm vulnerable as a survivor if I don't hide behind a gen or get close to the hook beforehand because of BBQ; if the killer just wants bonus Bloodpoints, I'm vulnerable as a survivor if I don't hide behind a gen or get close to the hook beforehand because of BBQ. With the change, if the killer just wants bonus Bloodpoints then I'm not as vulnerable as a survivor, and their hunger is satiated faster if they can please the Entity by hooking in the basement.
So you're saying that while BBQ is useful at persuading killers not to camp, they won't bother even equipping it in the first place if it doesn't also have the bonus BP? I see.
That's why I think that regular hooks should give 1 stack of 25% bonus BP and basement hooks give 2 stacks.
I only use BBQ for the BP bonus and I guess most killers think like that.
Your suggestion would mean that a lot of those killers use monstrous shrine now and thi swould lead to exactly the opposite of what the devs intended with BBQ, it would lead to more camping
What you dont understand is that without BBQ there is way less incentive to leave the hook. I realized when I prestiged some killers and didnt have BBQ. You cant simply leave a hook undefended if you dont have another target to chase at least
The best idea EVER, we totally want people to basement camp with LF anyway.