8 Survivors 2 Killers - yay or nay?
I'd love a new game mode - double trial! 8 survivors, 2 killers, 10 gens. The maps are so big already I don't feel any changes would need to be made there, what do you think, would you play that mode?
I'd love a new game mode - double trial! 8 survivors, 2 killers, 10 gens. The maps are so big already I don't feel any changes would need to be made there, what do you think, would you play that mode?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I would love a mode with 4 killers (so we can play Julie, Frank, Susie and Joey), but 2 killers is already a step in right direction
I disagree about not needing changes, but being able to play Kill with Friends has been a dream of mine since I started playing.
Kill with friends would be a nice thing but if it's hard balancing 4v1 imagine how hard and stressful would be for the devs trying to balance a 8v2 ๐ฐ
But who knows...maybe some day they'll manage to do it๐คฉ
Well, balance is the issue with this mode
it greatly increases the total generators needed and new maps would have to be made to fit this
Yes Identity V has duo hunter mode but thats also cause the maps on that game are HUGE compared to dbd with Haddonfield and Hawkins
It sounds good on paper but so much will need to be done first
I like the idea and have always wanted to kill with a friend, but I know that there are several balance issues that will need to be handled first.
Though if folks are insistent on the double everything theme, why not make it give double BP, all the time?
2 killers does not equal 8 survivors
Image 2 killers chasing 2 survivors while 6 work on generators....seems like a horrible idea.
Also if they do a 2v8 gamemode then we will be pulling people and resources away from fixing the 1v4 we currently have and that doesn't seem like a good idea.
Trust me guys, with the queues already being hideously long, (for me survivor Qs are long and killer Qs are instant for some reason).
adding a new game mode will make the Qs even longer because half of the people waiting for lobbies will be in another lobby now waiting for a different game, it is NOT a good idea right now with this matchmaking system.
and other than this, Everything MegaWaffle said.
They could make an unranked mode like Smash Bros did with unranked being fun, and ranked being serious. In Dbd unranked there is 2v8 and in ranked the default 1v4๐๐
I voted yes, because we need something new. 8vs 2 or any other combination, new need something new for the game. We have new killers and new survivors, but the base game is the same. A new mode would spice things up.
It will be really hard to balance tho. And we will need a new map and set of rules :3
In Custom games, I dont see why it would not be possible.