Why I Camp
First off I wanna make it clear I play both sides of DBD survivor and killer. I play every killer and I play them in alot of various ways. However some of my favorite are camping builds which I sometimes run. I consider myself good at camping and overall a good killer, mind gaming, pressuring and everything else involved. I know ranks dont mean everything on this game but for reference I'm a rank 1 killer so I play against high rank survivors. I camp for 3 main reasons: fun, wins, and entertainment. Fun: Like I said before I have various builds on multiple characters for camping. It's a different way to play than just always running around trying to pressure survivors off gens and running around safe loops. It's fun to hide as Leatherface and jumpscare survivors as they come to peak inside the building, plant traps around a perimeter with Trapper, set up an ambush with Piggy or Ghostface, or come around the corner and immediately pop Evil Within with Myers startling the survivor. It's a different way to play DBD which keeps things fresh. Wins: I'm gonna be that guy but it really is a strategy. I never lobby dodge or change my setup once in a lobby (addons, killer, perks, etc.) so whatever the survivors bring I deal with. Sometimes the best option to ensure a win is to camp. Simple as that. Entertainment: When I play survivor, i never and i literally mean never, send a salty message to killers. If they camp me or tunnel me I accept it and move on. If they do it well I'll send a GG or a "I like that build" etc. But when I play killer I constantly get grouchy survivors messaging me hate and I must say, I absolutely love it. I find it very entertaining and I love trolling them to get them even more angry at a video game. Those of you that do this are complete cucks btw. It doesnt matter how you play DBD, camping or playing "the right way", winning or losing you will receive these messages. But there is also a light side. Some players, very few, will message gg and other nice comments even if you camped or whatnot. These people are the hidden gems in the community.
Comments
No need for toxicity here, please stop.
Good killers camp sometimes, because there are scenarios where camping is the optimal play. Sorry baby survivor.
A good killer doesn't need to consistently camp. Yes, there are times for it, but they're pretty niche.
LOL I knew somebody was gonna comment this xD. Believe it or not camping has a learning curve and you have to be smart about it. I dont sit in front of hooks revving my chainsaw. You have to know where to hide, if the survivors are swf so you can make changes to your ambush, what routes the survivors will take, how quickly you can get back to the hook, when to time a grab if it comes to that, how to pressure gens and remain close to hooks if your presence is known, how to best utilize your killers ability to prevent escape, what addons and perks to use, when to leave camping behind, know where the holes in floors and walls are to peak through and see the basement entrance, how to deny active BT after an unhook, and I am surely missing some other aspects of it.
Camp, because survivors don't know how to cut their losses.
If you were a good survivor you wouldn't get hooked. Is that not a fair turnabout?
I think you should play as you like.
With that being said, I don't think Camping brings a "fresh" experience to DbD. I disagree with that part.
Paragraphs! OP dropped a tumor, not a text post
Play killer for once. I already play surv quite a bit.
These bullshit terms are getting annoying. I can't wait to virtually kill these babies.
Not reading that college paper text, if you wanna camp, no one's stopping you.
Just don't be surprised if Survivors DC or suicide on hook, cause it's not fun.